WE FUCKED NOW?

thecrimson.com/article/2018/1/8/economics-profs-bitcoin/

>Economics professor Kenneth S. Rogoff, a cryptocurrency expert, said the currency’s present high valuation depends on its “near-anonymity.” This anonymity has permitted various criminal or illicit activities through bitcoin markets since the currency’s inception in 2009, including drug dealing, unlicensed gun sales, and donations to hate groups, he said.

But that anonymity may soon end—Rogoff said he thinks governments will probably want to identify bitcoin users in the future. “Small anonymous transactions with virtual currencies…would be desirable,” Rogoff said, but “large-scale anonymous payments would make it extremely difficult to collect taxes or counter criminal activity.”

tight. this is how government dies.

>and donations to hate groups

ahahahahhahaa

>cryptocurrency expert

i wouldn't be worried except Rogoff actually knows his shit when it comes to currency

unlike the other guy in the article who seems like a hack

thanks for the advice professor goldberg

just use monero fuckos

xmr

>Rogoff

>hate groups
fucking kikes and other shitskins are going down

This is why smart anons buy ZCL and get their bitcoin private on fork
This will surpass BCH

I HAVE A PHD IN CRYPTO ECONOMICS AND

Bet he's a nocoiner

Equating BTC/Crypto with hate groups and white supremacy is just another sign that we ARE NOT in a bubble.

>mexican intellectuals

>“But my guess is that sooner or later governments are going to regulate cryptocurrencies out of existence.”

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD

Just buy xspec.

> Uses Tor OBFS4, meaning it works in countries that block Tor, unlike Monero and Verge

Basically it's the most private of the privacy coins. Completely untraceable and very undervalued right now, since there's virtually no marketing on the thing.

New wallet is coming out tomorrow to coincide with the latest version of Tor. Version 1.4 (sometime this month) should support stealth staking (get free coins by just leaving your wallet open).

Shit's gonna moon as soon as the criminals figure out how great it is.

>(((cryptocurrency expert)))
Just a coincidence you stupid goyim.

I go to Harvard, I invest in crypto.

Yeah, you got be a genius to realize Bitcoin has never been used for anything relevant besides money laudering and plain speculation. Thanks for the info.

>a cryptocurrency expert
show his blockfolio faggot

>unlicensed gun sales
wtf is a gun license.

It's something that gungrabbing jews keep "forgetting" that private citizens don't need.

I do too, are you in the Undergrad Blockchain Group?

Also, shot in the dark, Tim?

You know what else is highly anonymous?
Cash money.

Cash money also permits various criminal and illicit activities like drug dealing, unlicensed gun sales, and hate group donations.

Posting Pepes is on the same level as drug dealing and unlicensed gun sales. Prepare you're anusseses.

i'm a high school graduate and i'm invested in crypto

No to both questions. I'll join it though. I wasn't sure if it was real or if people just were talking about forming one.

Or you just donate millions of dollars openly through the Clinton Foundation and still coincidentally watch lawsuits be dropped, or coincidentally be given high-up government positions, or coincidentally have people die. Coincidentally.

Anonymity is overrated.

I didn't ask

do you want to be frands

yes!

It just got started, so we'll both see how it turns out

>inb4 khurana tries to ban crypto on campus cuz predominantly men hold it

When does it meet? All I'm seeing on Google is the HBS club.

ok i'm gonna go play dota
meet me there
ranked ap

LoL only - I'm not gay bro

And Monero rises

omg dude
i'm literally puking on your face right now
can you smell my breakfast

I'd feel bad if I gave out the president of the group's email on Veeky Forums, but just keep an eye out when we get back to campus

also, just search "cryptocurrency" in your gmail, I'd be shocked if you didn't get an email blast over your house open or w/e

pic related is part of the email... idk if they're legit or not

If the governments and various (((experts))) shill against anonymity and find it "problematic" this means crypto is winning and that they are afraid.

brb buying monero.

How do you expect me to buy large amounts of drugs with cash money? Find a dealer like some kinda normie? no tnx

drug dealers are not always the coolest people ever

No.
I think normies start trading cryptocurrencies before this.
They will like the gains. It's more than the gains from their savings. So there will be political pressure to keep allowing the cryptocurrency trade

Which is why Monero is the only real currency.

What a fucking meme, I don't want to use the gas but they're really not leaving us a choice.