I am 20 years old and just started a 9 to 5 job as a software engineer...

i am 20 years old and just started a 9 to 5 job as a software engineer, basically sitting in a cubicle staring at a screen all day trying to fix bugs that crusty indians send me. today was my first day. job pays 65k. i currently have 25k in savings. i also have a part time job that pays 16.50 an hour for up to 20 hours a week as a remote software developer. i think i would rather kill myself or be homeless than do the 9 to 5 thing ever. im an on the verge of extreme insanity and i cant take it anymore. is it stupid if i send my boss an email right now saying i quit? i know its a dick move to have wasted all their time but i just cant take it anymore

also buy xlm

im graduating soon in the same field and im honestly wondering whether its actually worth spending time coding for salary when i could be researching coins

Put that 25k in crypto. Don't quit your job until you get crpyto rich just in case.

>just started
>can't take it anymore
grow a pair

well i wasnt referring to the job when i said i cant take it anymore, i was talking about life in general. i guess im just gonna kill myself

i wish i could get a job in the field myself

graduated last year from a good US university with a decent gpa and acceptable github and haven't been able to find shit mostly because my city has fuck all entry level jobs/junior for software

dont be ungrateful for what you have is my point

when people say stuff like that all i hear is "hey you should feel lucky, your dirt pile is much better than my dirt pile"

you shouldn't soduku bro, with 25k you can make enough off crypto that you'll never have to work again fairly easy.

the point is it's not a dirt pile

start looking for another job in a different field if you hate is so much and dont quit until you secured another offer if anything

unless you're fucking retarded enough to quit without a back up because you're a little bitch that cant put up with working 8 hours a day

i really dont think so, even if i catch several moon missions im still gonna have less than 100k and thats fucking nothing

its not so much that i have to work for 8 hours, it's that i have to sit in a chair and stare at a screen for 8 hours. its just no good. its also the fact that i have no time whatsoever to do what i actually want to do. its just go home, eat, go to bed, start over

>not trading crypto on the clock while making $30/hr
Why would you even? You can go weeks underperforming at a job like that before someone catches you.

24yo 9 to 5 software eng here
get used to it kid

Proven PnD group here. Just pumped STU to 300% profit. Next pump in 43 hours.

discord(dot)gg(slash)pXz4XuU

i have had bad experiences trying to day trade. making a consistent profit day trading i think is impossible. also i think IT monitors internet use

Had a job as a middleschool "principal" kind of thing, dunno how its called in bongspeak, but basically I had to patrol hallways and make sure that those spoiled little shits didnt murder each other or do stupid shit and kill themselves.
I quit the same day, the job just wasn't for me.
Just in the first couple of hours they figured out that I wasn't really a tough dude and it was all just an act and they start ignoring me pretty quick.

So here I am, trading crypto comfily at home instead.

4x is easy in this market. and you don't that much just buy a cheap house and eat ramen noodles for the rest of time.

what did you expect from working in software engineer other than working with computers at least 8 hours a day?

literally die

one thing is i want to save up a lot of money because i want to buy land in NH and build my own house there by myself.

this is not a mccuck job, OP. Don't burn bridges.

ya this was my own mistake. i should have just skipped college and gotten a construction job or something, at least i would be outside and active with a job like that

Hi OP, I had $4,300 in crypto on Dec 21 and Today I have $14,000, it's retardedly easy to make money in this market if you have a brain. it takes some getting used to but you'll learn fast. i think your goal of buying land in NH and building your house there is entirely achievable if you don't give up, this is nearly free money especially starting with $25,000 you can make quite a bit in a few months.

That's pretty good, what should I invest in right now? I'm a poorfag and only up 50%

ya what did you invest in? youd have to be retarded to not be making significant profit in this market but everyone sounds like they're making 100%+ and ive only made like 50%

>no social or outdoors life
No wonder you're messed up. Is not the job, it's the lack of meaning.

Get a hobby, preferably something outdoors.

wrong assessment completely. i have something im really passionate about and want to put 100% of my energy but i have 0 energy and 0 time when i get home from work

If that is your outlook on life then you should at least take that 25k to Vegas and let the roulette table decide your fate.

ICX is the main source of my gains I bought in like from $2-$4, the key is to get ahead of the masses, be the smart money user. ICOs will make you bank too if you pick good ones, I've never done an ICO but it's the best way to get good crypto for insanely cheap prices. They x100 within the first weeks if they are quality assets. My next big purchase will be Wanchain (WAN) when it drops. LINK had big news today and looks very promising too, and its still cheap af.

Then quit the big job and stay at the little one. Or find out why you're so depressed. Or find a way to slack off and toughen up. I worked at jobs I hated since I was 13. I distracted myself from the tedium by daydreaming. Maybe some music or something physical can distract you until you get a year or two in and then leave.

idk i kinda gave up on figuring my mental health out a while ago, ive been severely depressed for most of my life and my heart rate has been 90+ bpm for years now

Live a frugal life putting all your earnings into crypto. I started with $5000 in 2016, through trials and tribulations I now have $320,000

>ICX is the main source of my gains I bought in like from $2-$4, the key is to get ahead of the masses, be the smart money user.
I try, but all the obscure coins are on obscure exchanges and there are lot of shitcoins you have to sift through

I highly recommend looking into Jordan Peterson's Self Authoring Program, it's very cheap and you can do it by yourself and it's been tested and proven to help people with issues like lack of direction, depression, anxiety and all sorts of stuff, it's beneficial for anyone desu

>selfauthoring.com

i dont have a lack of direction and jordan peterson is a retard

This. Appreciate having an income and basic survival, accept that your life's shit and force yourself to keep going. Meanwhile buy that xlm as you were gonna. With time xlm will go up and you'll gain work exp. Thanks to that you have the spare money and the skills to switch to a better job with flexible hours

Lol, getting paid 65k a year to sit in a cubicle and you want to an hero over it. Your quality of life is in the top .1% of all human life. No wonder white people are dying out.

Edward Feser is the next stage after JBP

Thanks for this.

you seem the type to shoot down / reason away advice, and i've been there. but you can make it work. lie and say you have to take care of your mom with multiple sclerosis on wednesdays or some shit. take long breaks in the bathroom. eat outside for lunch when it isn't 20 degrees. if you're going to quit anyway, or just be miserable, you don't have to always be a great worker. maybe make a good impression for a month or two before you start slacking and asking for favors. put money away and invest it as fast as possible and maybe you can quit and just do occasional freelance work and day trading for the rest of your life in, like, 1-3 years.

and look into the mental health thing. psychiatriast, psychologist, or counselor, whatever is least work and money for you. it'll help. and your life might seem bad now but when you're sharing a house with 4 people you don't know and buying peanut butter with ebt and working at walgreens it'll be worse. trust me it can be worse.

>house with 4 people you don't know and buying peanut butter with ebt and working at walgreens it'll be worse. trust me it can be worse.
any greentext worthy stories?

Do it, I'm graduating soon and I'll take it. Where you located at?

>jordan peterson is a retard
sjw brainlet detected. maybe you should just off yourself you dumbfuck

Literally work for a year and put as much money as you can into real crypto projects (DYOR and thats not the symbol for a foin). Be worth 5 million and do whatever the fuck you want. You have it made and fuck you.

nah, i think it's the bottom .1%. You're basing quality of life on safety/security/money. that's not quality of life to me, that's kind of the opposite

the reason why i shoot down people is because they are wrong or because ive already thought about what they are thinking. im also not really the kind of person to slack off, i like to give what im doing 100%. also i spent 1000 dollars a few years ago on meds and therapy and psychiatry (multiple different psychiatrists i tried) and it was just one big money making scam. fuck psychiatrists. they ask you if youre depressed and they dont even ask you if you exercise or have friends or fulfill your basic biological needs, they just say here take these pills

I need to move to America, I'm 22 an entry level software engineer in the UK and my salary is ≈ $45k.

What state are you in my guy? Hang in there and just graft it out for 6 months and see how you feel then. Nothings easy man.

nah im not an sjw, i voted for trump. jordan peterson is just apart of this blogpost "10 simple tricks to turn your life around" hey make a calendar n stick to it! dumb advice bs culture.

ya thats what i was thinking of doing when i first took the job. just work for 6 months to a year to raise enough money so i can make big bux investing

texas

If you can't stand it, then find a way to escape.

You're on Veeky Forums, dude. Cryptos are exploding all the time. Fuck—if a borderline NEET like me can turn 2k into 30k through shitcoins and LINK in a few months, then you—a software engineer—can probably do the same thing with much larger figures at least twice as good.
Don't spend years doing something that you hate. Don't even spend days doing something that you hate, unless you absolutely must. THIS is the time to buy and hold, and buy and trade.

also buy LINK. seriously—if you aren't holding any LINK, then plan on getting the fuck on. high volatility right now; expect at least a few more 20% dips that come with increasing price, and if we somehow don't see any further increments in price, then *maybe* a drop down to $0.80 (accompanied with one of those typical huge spikes downward that recovers almost immediately). don't game on that unless you're fucking loaded with testosterone

also this china shit with bitcoin—again—is making me think that china has plans for integration in store with their other domestic cryptos
in other words, it's probably a good idea to hold some vechain, at least to pick up on a 1.5-2x during the inevitable hype from the rebranding during the middle of this month
also, it looks like it's being accumulated like mad by whales

Can never see Jordan the same way after Sam Harris destroyed his anus, also he's Stefan's bitch.

Yeah nah. I work at a steel mill and do side work (labor) some nights and weekends. Some days I can't even walk hardly I'm so sore. I'm out in the weather everyday and I live in a fucking van. Kys

45K gbp is 60k usd

???

i think he meant 45k usd

what kind of software developer position is still in a cubicle??

i don't blame you for being disenfranchised with psychiatrists, few are good. some meds work for some people, others benefit from talk therapy or cbt, but that's also dependent on therapist. it can be hard to find a good one. it's worth trying again though.

early 20s are rough chuckles for a lot of people, just grind away some life XP. do some shit just to do it.

don't buy XP though

He converted to USD. Brits also get eviscerated by taxes.

>i have a bad life, and even though you do too, you can't complain

you try expending intellect for morons while your brain rots away from mental illness
nobody ever said that your life wasn't shit
all our lives are shit, brother!!!!!
your situation is exactly as it is, no better, no worse, but BAD TO BE S/URE

this is a tolerant thread.......... we all tolerate everything..................
please......please respond, bitch....................

The only reason to make money is to make more money.

>today is my first day
>extreme insanity

nigger wut? you better just quit now, because I've always had fun on my first day even in the shittiest of jobs. its not until like a year in that i start to get miserable