Cashing out in Europe

Can you cash out your crypto gains in any country within the schengen zone if you're a citizen of a member state? Or you can only do that in your own country?

Other urls found in this thread:

newsweek.com/bitcoin-top-imam-declares-cryptocurrency-forbidden-islam-and-calls-ban-768075
rt.com/business/414903-egypt-mufti-ban-bitcoin/
bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-42541270
qz.com/1171431/egypts-bitcoin-fatwa-cleric-bans-bitcoin-trading/
ibtimes.co.uk/bitcoin-fatwa-top-imam-says-cryptocurrency-forbidden-under-islam-compares-it-gambling-1653529
irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/taxpayers-living-abroad
nomoretax.eu/living/relocation-to-malta/
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethgas/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No. You need to be resident in a member state to open a bank account in that state. I know because Ireland is going to fuck me for 33% of my gains.

Where are you planing on cashing out?
Are there any tax breaks in places like san marino or monaco?

Wouldn't mind living abroad for a few months just for not getting fucked by taxes

You'll never get into Monaco if you aren't filthy fucking rich. Andorra is a tax haven, and Belarus does not have any tax on cryptocurrency until 2023. Bulgaria has a flat 10% tax rate, which is amazingly low compared to other countries. I've also heard Portugal has very low tax rates for cryptocurrency.

I guess that we ex-Yugoslavs are so lucky, no one cares about that shit here. I plan to cash out $500k in a next few months, piece of a cake.

I'll prob cash out here but I have a bank account in UK also so might be interesting to see what happens post Brexit. If your gains are big (1 mil+) it would be worth it to go to the likes of Denmark or something and live there for 6 months, open a bank account and withdraw.

Belarus seems nice, do they have the same laws as russia regarding EU citizens going there?

>ex-yugoslavs
What's the best place over there? I heard Serbia could be nice. Croatia even better, not far away from central Europe

>denmark
Aren't their tax laws as harsh as the Swedish ones? Didn't know abou that

go turkey/antalya and stay there 1 year

open your bank account

live like a king. cashout your money without fucking taxes

thnk me later

Piece of a cake!

BITCOIN FORBIDDEN UNDER ISLAM, TOP IMAM DECLARES, CALLING FOR BAN

newsweek.com/bitcoin-top-imam-declares-cryptocurrency-forbidden-islam-and-calls-ban-768075

rt.com/business/414903-egypt-mufti-ban-bitcoin/

bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-42541270

qz.com/1171431/egypts-bitcoin-fatwa-cleric-bans-bitcoin-trading/

ibtimes.co.uk/bitcoin-fatwa-top-imam-says-cryptocurrency-forbidden-under-islam-compares-it-gambling-1653529

Croatia - EU member state, so Serbia would be the safest place for cash out, but you need a permission if you have plans to take more than 10K euro out of the country. If you have more people with you, each can have 10K EUR.

Your map is outdated as fuck.
You make your trades based on 10 year old info too?

>corrupt Turkish bank employee, that has support from local politicians and judges, freezes your bank account
>seizes all your cash
>go cry to European court
>"We are sorry Mr user but Turkey is not in our juristiction"

yea solid plan user

True, guess we Serbians are lucky with this shit.

You could buy an expensive house or a car and none would ask you anything about your money.

You can create a company, pay like $200 of taxes for a month or two and cashout up to ~60K EUR without additional taxes.

Close the company and repeat steps.

Bump

I thought I could just travel abroad and cash out from multiple BTC ATMs. Can this not be done? I bet fees are bad, but damn, anything to avoid paying 35% or whatever tax on my earnings this year.

Thanks for the answer
Nice information

How can someone get a residence permit? Just live there for 6 months?
I think I'll have to hire a translator or something when opening a bank account as well

I read somewhere that the only way you can avoid those taxes if you're an american citizen is by renouncing your american citizenship status
Everything american citizens do even abroad is taxable by your laws I suppose

Great, time to get sneaky. eg. if I make 1mil, I refuse to pay over 300 grand in taxes. Full stop. Time to do some sketch research.

>If you are a U.S. citizen or resident alien, the rules for filing income, estate, and gift tax returns and paying estimated tax are generally the same whether you are in the United States or abroad. Your worldwide income is subject to U.S. income tax, regardless of where you reside.
irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/taxpayers-living-abroad

I don't think you should avoid taxes and get into jail for doing that user, but what you could do is make a solid research on the topic and maybe go to a country like switzerland where your money can't be taken by the US government or something

But if there's no other way for you as an american citizen, then just pay your taxes, it's better than getting into trouble with the law

Probably not even that, Serbians really want to get foreigners to open companies here.

Shouldn't be too hard. Or just find someone to open a company in a day, pay him 1000 EUR and you're done.

True. Thx for doing the lookup I shoulda done already. If there's a legit way, I'll fucking find it. Otherwise I'll be forced to take it up the ass with everyone else. Looks bleak. The black pill is strong in the world of tax.

just move to belize

This has nothing to do with (((schengen))) user, that's just a passport free zone. Think it's still suspended here because of sweden and germany inviting half of isis to their countries

Regardless yes I can cash out at least, it usually doesn't give the same prices as on the ordinary markets though. I'm taking out 0.1 btc now to pay some due bills. And norway here btw

0% crypto tax in Romania. /comfy/ here

(pic related) 0% capital gains in Singapore. Comfy as fuck.

Bump

Foreign residents can cash out tax free in Malta.

nomoretax.eu/living/relocation-to-malta/

EGAS has a 13 mil max coin supply and the price is sub 10cents right now. Even if it turns out to be a scamcoin it will definitely get pumped to $1 before then and that will only put it at 13m market cap.
Take a look@ coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethgas/

For all us euros this is really the only viable option. Get an investor visa to malta, I think you have to purchase 400k worth of property, hold it for a year while you become resident and then you have to live there for 181 days of the years to be tax domiciled. Then you can cash out everything and pay no tax.

>tfw only paying ~~20% income tax on gains
it's p comfy but I might still try and find a way to jew the taxman

Say I hit £1m (via buying BTC then moving that to let’s say 3 alts each time increasing my stack) in bongland roughly what % CGT am I looking at.

The big question for me is will they just tax based on what I put in originally and what I took out to fiat at the end or will they try and tax each individual trade?

Why would you pay taxes. Send eth to cex.io -> connect to a foreign credit card -> atm.
Or just fucking find somebody to sell crypto to.
That’s my plan at least, i’m selling 4k € to some guy once btc stabilizes. Do that a few times and your done.