Do guns "go bad" over time? I'm thinking of investing 40k in guns...

Do guns "go bad" over time? I'm thinking of investing 40k in guns, but I'm not sure if they go bad eventually (mechanisms fail) and they become worthless.

Thanks user!

yes. you have to buy special sized ziplock bags and suck the air out for long term storage

no just keep it oiled and rust-free

Everything in this fucking universe goes bad/breaks over time

I depends on the fun gun and what it is made of. All school metal guns some people used to store the whole thing in a barrel of oil. Now with all the plastic like 90% would probably dissolve...lol

/k/ommando here.

I assume you live in the US.

Buying a gun with the intention of selling it is a felony unless you are an FFL holder. Buying large quantities of gun through an FFL will get you flagged and a visit from the BATFE.

Some parts in guns wear out from usage, but not from just sitting there. Springs, for instance, lose their tension from repeated use.

Ammo can go bad, but it takes years and years of poor storage condition. I have cans of 7.62x54r that was packaged in the 50's that still all go bang without a hiccup.

You're an idiot who has no idea what you're talking about.

I heard somewhere that sticking the barrel in your mouth and pulling the trigger can help the gun last longer.

carbon.

Yeah guns get tired and senile as they age.

My World war 1 austrian rifle works just fine

Honey never goes bad.

Buy magic cards instead

Generally speaking, no. Not unless they were improperly cared for and/or improperly stored. If you’re going to invest $40k, get a pre-86 registered machine gun.

The National Firearms Act of 1934 prohibites ownership of unregistered machine guns, destruction devices, silencers, and short barreled rifles/shotguns. In 1986 the Hughes amenendmet was passed which closed the machine gun registry, meaning there were a finite number of MGs that could be legally owned by and transferred to civilians. This caused the price of registered MGs to skyrocket. 10 years ago the entry level was $3k for a beat to shit Mac-10, now they’re going for roughly $8k. AR15 registered receivers and HK sears use to be in the $15k-$20k range and they’re commonly going for twice that now. They will only increase in value due to the government articulacy limiting the supply.

*artificially limiting the supply

Dubs confirm
Pooh Bear was right

thanks just took out a 40k loan for honey.

invest in honey

Spray them in lanolin. Will be a bitch to get off but will keep them in good condition.

i've got 10k invested in guns so far. If you want real investments you want imports, not ar15 bullshit. Prebans, registered MG sears, etc.. if you want to know more just ask. You can never go wrong investing in firearms...

>NFA items
>a good investment
You're one piece of legislation away from turning your beat to shit M16 lower worth $50k into a $200 paperweight.

Imports and exotic guns are a good bet though. Realistically, they don't appreciate THAT much.

Guns hold their value, but they are hardly a good investment. And this is coming from somebody with an arsenal worth $100k+.

Gun owners have been vocal about the Hughes Amendment since it went into effect. The problem is that no career politician will go near it since it’d be political suicide. The media alone would have a field day.

stupid gun owners. US is the most retarded place on earth when it comes to gun laws

Firearms culture is changing. Suppressors and SBRs are now more common than ever. Give it time. Hughes will one day be repealed.

That's not how you spell "Australia" :^)

If the status of the hearing protection act is any indicator, the end of the hughes amendment won’t be until after the last fudd dies.

t. soyboi

Lucky for us, the last fudd should die sometime within the next 20 years.

There were SEVERAL acts and bills introduced to deregulate suppressors. You'd be insane to think it will stop anytime soon.

They'll keep being introduced until they are deregulated. Then SBR's/SBS's. Then maybe one day, machine guns will at least have the registry opened.

The point is, investments are a long-term thing. Especially if you're talking about guns (And also illegal unless you're an FFL). Would you REALLY trust NFA items as an investment for the long term when there is a trend of chipping away at the NFA?

In Finland guns are pretty much illegal for anyone and I laugh at these redneck threads.

Whenever I see these threads I see a caveman posting "ugh ugh look at my sticks and stones, very good kill enemy ugh".
Guns are for sub humans.

>Buying large quantities of gun through an FFL will get you flagged and a visit from the BATFE.
Interesting, why would they ask/do on that visit? You haven't done anything wrong.

>want to buy guns
>doesn't know even the most basic knowledge about it's monetary qualities

Gun running. If you transfer more than I believe three handguns in a single transfer, the FFL is obligated to inform the BATFE of your purchase.

It's made in an effort to stop gangs from getting a new initiate with no record go into a gun store and clear off the racks to give the guns to their new buddies.

Why do you take joy in being defenseless and look down upon others for taking responsibility for their own safety?

Now I wonder if there's actual arms dealers that come to onto Veeky Forums to shitpost.

Ahk, that makes sense. I've been enjoying building my first AR from an 80% lower. Pretty fun project so far.

>you still got all those guns you were buyin'?
>you weren't selling them at a profit to people on the internet or the street and operating without an FFL right user-chan?
>sorry about your dog btw

Fun fact:

Most guns used in crimes are rented. The vast majority of intentional homicide and crimes committed with firearms are gang related. It is common for areas to have dealers where you can rent a gun for $50 or so, do your business, and return it.

Guns typically appreciate rather than your dollar which will only depreciate and will last centuries if kept oiled and properly stored. Its a solid investment choice but its not very liquid.

Honey has botulinum spores growing in it. Give it to a 3 m/o infant and see what happens. The reason it can go pretty long without perishing is because of peroxides present in honey

The AR postd here is one of my ARs.

Currently building a matching set of four. The optics alone will run me $7k, haha.

Protip, get a Geissele trigger. Seriously, don't settle for anything less. The trigger and glass are the two most important parts of the firearm next to the barrel itself. Everything else is not nearly as important.

Good on your for embracing firearms. It is a fun hobby and it also allows you to take self defense into your own hands.

/k/ is generally a horrible place, but you can find some really good advice if you know where to look.

yup, got a factory 104ur. suppressors coming soon afteri make some more internet money. then a fleming sear for my sp5k

They're Americans. America is a dangerous shithole full of rabid negroes ready to kill or mug you at any moments notice, being armed in such a country is actually the logical thing to do.

Don't blame them, really. If I was Americans I'd be armed to the teeth too.

Funny you should mention that, I was just looking into different triggers and if I should get a drop in trigger kit or not.
I'm no stranger to firearms, just never owned one before and figure it's a good time since I moved into a sketchy area a few towns over.
First night I moved in some 16 year old gangbanger killed a 15 year old in the parking lot.

Only if you do not oil them. You also have to consider whether or not your gun will be worth more in the future.

For example you don't want to be that guy the gun show that has 80 revolvers that he can't get rid of. Sure they're all collectors items but who the hell CCs a Colt 45.

Bee populations are dieing at an alarming rate. Real honey might become one of the most expensive commodities we have.

Bitcoin and most of these coins will probably stick around until we solve efficiency

Welp. That sucks.

Get a gun locker or something and hide it somewhere. Don't let your firearm be stolen and used by nogs to drive up anti-gun statistics.

BUT

When you're home, don't have it locked up. The point of a self defense weapon is to have it ready at a moment's notice. Jamal isn't going to wait for you to unlock the gun locker and grab your gun.

SHUTUP ITS GOING DOWN LOOK AT THE HCHARTSHOC FUCK THE CHAAARTS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE