Anyone else still in disbelief?

Anyone else still in disbelief?

This thing right here might actually change the (crypto-)world and Veeky Forums was in it from the start.

The hype around this project is growing day by day (reddit, cryptoblogs, youtubers) driving up the demand all the while the supply is shrinking, because people move their tokens to their wallets to hodl.

Rory said that they were working on a new site and there will be a PR manager starting his work sooner rather than later.

This will be it for so many Veeky Forumsraelis, it's almost surreal.

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/biz/?ghost=yes&search_op=op&search_int=dontcare&search_res=post&task=search2&search_datefrom=2017-08-01&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_text=chainlink&search_del=dontcare&offset=264&search_dateto=2017-09-26
discord
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

BUMP

believe it, my friend. so many people have low self esteem these days, so low that they can't fathom something amazing like LINK happening to them. well it's time to snap out of it. because you are gonna be livin' the high life very soon. I recommend visiting some high end clubs and hotels to start getting used to the experience. It'll help you ease into the kind of lifestyle you will soon enjoy on a regular basis.

how did we find out about this before everyone?? I started looking into ICOs and wrote it down but it too much minimum buy in.

Who was the original shiller on Veeky Forums please come forward.

It fucking sickens me that some people aren't 100% in Link
this project will leave in its wake as many an heroes as millionaires

What the fuck just happened? Was there a flash crash? For about 5 minutes my blockfolio said LINK was down like 40%, but now its back to like $1.27

It was the legend himself... Sergey.

Yeah, i can't believe that i somehow found cryptos and especially Chainlink. It will change world and my life.

that's just blockfolio bein' retarded, as usual

Shit doesn't even load the market charts 90% of the time anymore

barely related shitpost image I took some years ago for /a/

I was an OG pre-sale linkie. This shit just gave me too much stress after a while. I sold at 20 cents about a month or two ago. And I've actually 10x'd that money elsewhere, so no, I'm not upset.

Thinking about grabbing a nice bag of LINK again soon though. No marines left behind

ta faggot in this Thread who can tell me the bottom buy in target volume seems to decrease hard so i guess handle is forming in the next days

You're right, its not possible that Veeky Forums knows about an opportunity before it absolutely fucking explodes

why dont one of you explain to me what it does

i have been here for 6 months and i have no idea what chainlink does

i thought it was a meme

I'm actually fucking shocked, the gravity of the discovery has left me awe struck.

Half of my brain is telling me a bunch of deluded faggots on biz have actually gone insane, but the logical part says this is the new ETH, but 10x more potential.

My entire crypto trading strategy has changed. I'm not about absolute returns in the short term, I'm looking for a strategy that maximising the amount of link I can hold. I got in on this late, but I can still /makeit/ off the back of biz's weaponised autism.

They were the elders of LINK. Epic autists with legendary levels of NEETpower and hands made of iron, chosen by SN himself.

so it does nothing

if you've been here 6 months and don't know by now, there's no hope for you.

I'm new to crypto, should i buy LINK? What does it do? Please tell me why it is so good. Thanks

explain

God damn I've been getting shit on for a week trying to flip shit. I'm just going to all in link and go get a different fucking hobby. Be back in 2 years.

>he's not using delta

Still have no idea if link is a real thing or a meme but I bought 20k a few weeks ago and I’m hodling

I don't want you to be rich tho

>I recommend visiting some high end clubs and hotels to start getting used to the experience. It'll help you ease into the kind of lifestyle you will soon enjoy on a regular basis.
no thanks, I'd rather grab some beers and go do absolutely nothing at my local lake/beach.
>life's good

>tfw poorfag
>see people with 50k link, 100k link
>what I'd give for just 100 link

I can't wait until my next paycheck comes next week, I'm dumping $100 into link and then eating ramen the rest of the month, don't even care. This project looks like it could reach ETH levels easily once it gets going.

I was the original shilled. I’m not joking. I wrote a lot of the pasta you probably read:

I wrote the “Actual ChainLink explanation thread” which was three comments long and posted it a few times. I also wrote the “listen carefully to what I’m about to say” pasta where I compared it ti walton/ambrosus/modum etc and how ChainLink contains those use cases. I’m also the originator of the “rent free”meme. Idk how I can prove it to you. I think I actually drafted one of these posts in my notes, maybe it has the last edited date on there.

500k link tokens btw

explain

ITT: stinky linkies counting their eggs before they're chickesn

Can someone explain to me the link between Swift and Chainlink?

I understand what chainlink does (basically some smart agregation from oracles).

I just dont understand whats the big deal with Swift? Please can a link marine explain? thanks

I trust Jacob

Not a single fuckin coin, not even core, has been shittalked so much as LINK has been. And yet I enjoy my green numbers each and every week.
I thoroughly enjoy the memes that are born in these threads, yet I fail to see whats so bad about it.

You know it is possible to check the archive. If no one else does it I'm sure i probably will later. I'd be curious to see it's first mention too.

related

It's gonna revolutionize the way you stinkies get scammed

you fuckers all speak as if you've all made it and yet link is in the shitter right now with nothing but dumping on the horizon

good eye user go chase some momo niggercoins

Should I sell my XRP or XLM to buy more LINK?

Are you the one who shilled LINK hard, to only end up clicking the tumblr link which was actually a link to ED with a script that stole your wallet? Those were some funny memes.
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ALL MY LINK IS GONE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I believe in Chainlink.

My only story is that I was heavily invested in a stock called ACTC that was doing some big things in the Stem Cell/Macular Degeneration Arena (untouched market) - long story short - the executives were terrible and fucked everything up. Ended up losing $30K several years ago. I am glad crypto (after doing research) is not like that. Chainlink will go a long way and I will be happy once this starts picking up steam for real.

I still don't understand why everybody claims this will revolutionize the internet, data, crypto etc. I'm a brainlet, pls explain very simply

I wouldn't. All of them are good investments. Close some other positions or buy in with fiat.

It will allow off-chain data to influence a smart contract trustlessly

Nope, that guy only lost a few thousand anyway.

Fucking missed link. Well I thought I missed it. Fuck me.

who was first? The hen or the egg? Mr. smarty pants.

Same here. I'm waiting on ven to moon next week so that I can accumulate more off those profits. I would be especially happy if btc moons so that I can get a discount.

Yeah, I think I remember he lost $4500. Was gonna say you made a fucking good recovery if that was you.

>Jacob
based Jacob

I have xlm and tron bags. Might sell at a loss to buy more link.

where did the autists of old go? when we become link wealthy 9 months from now, will we join them? i don't think i'm going to spend my days accusing people of shitting on streets when i've got crypto millions. not all day anyway. i'm probably going to cut back.

I'm concerned about Sergey's eating behaviour. There has been allegations from LINK insiders that Sergey has been blowing a lot of the budget from the ICO on meals from 5 guys. One insider has commented that Sergey has ballooned up to over 20 stone from his last public appearance at SIBOS.

Not a good look for the project.

>selling at loss

I don't think I could ever leave this place. When I make it I'll still phonepost from time to time to call someone a pajeet or something.

>Sergey has ballooned up to over 20 stone
Segei is close to 7 foot tall. That is barely overweight for him

Sold my flat before Christmas and put it all in Link, currently renting a cheap room. AMA

i also can't believe it, i just never thought that i could be part of something this massive from the early beginning on. i can't wait for what the future will bring. lord kek may praise the pre-sale link sharing oldfags. i sincerely love you from the bottom of my heart. sanitation is a big problem in the major parts of the world. link will help so many people also on the mars. people were worried they couldn't take a shit there and left elon musk speechless - sergey has the solution to the problems - he's a saint

i feel like having something to regret in a few hours. post your eth address and i'll send you 100 link.

So when to buy?

damn bro you serious

All discussions are about pricing... Can someone answer this technical question?

Now faggot
Fuckin based

Think I found it warosu.org/biz/?ghost=yes&search_op=op&search_int=dontcare&search_res=post&task=search2&search_datefrom=2017-08-01&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_text=chainlink&search_del=dontcare&offset=264&search_dateto=2017-09-26

found a sweet meme I havent seen yet.

>I just dont understand whats the big deal with Swift?
It's motherfucking SWIFT, and they're only peanuts compared to everyone who will be using this network. The more the network gets used, the more demand for LINK as it's used to pay the nodes.

it's strange to consider.

what does that even mean

Ive been watching LINK since ICO days. To this date noone has been able to explain what the fuck this coin is supposed to do in the real world. Anons will through buzzwords around, sperg out and call you stupid but not a single person in the history of LINK could actually describe what it does.

I'm not sure if you mean ETH address or LINK address.

Here's my LINK address: 0x410aca0594dc2af157be63be0e5007b2e11a5ddc

The discord pump group that is unstoppable.'

discord dot gg/JWWn6Qr

Why would you need exclusively to use LINK to get Swift data?
Why cant Swift act as a simple oracle?

0x3A1f7ba5c4578df3286dD314BB44C4Be7115Ae2E

based user

You’re a retard

It's just stinky linkies being delusional

You're a brainlet who doesn't even understand the basics

Sooo, if everything about smart contracts is correct and LINK can actually do what it says and real industries can adopt this technology than this is golden, the next IBM... but lets face it, if LINK is worth something and their tech is legit some other giant corporation will buy them out...

0x88e046e388d5e91acf9ec723118c44046e9e37e9

i have 15 dollars in alts. will i make it?

that'll do. that's enough to cover the withdrawal fee too. good luck dude.

Ok, I'll spoonfeed you because you got trips. A smart contract is a digital contract that automatically executes after certain conditions are met. It follows the IF>THIS>THEN>THAT logic. The problem is these contracts are hackable and therefore pretty useless. Having smart contracts on the blockchain solves this, but limits smart contracts to the blockchain only. Basically the only thing they are good for is 'If you send x amount of tokens to this address, I'll send you back x amount of this token'. Getting off chain data (literally anything) onto the blockchain is done by an oracle, however oracles have always been centralised, meaning they are hackable and therefore pretty useless. ChainLink is a decentralised oracle, and therefore trustless.

Dude. It's easy.

Smart contracts. Do you know what the fuck that is?

Alright.

Smart contracts are broken because they can't see outside of their Network. For example, Ethereum will never be able to know the price of Microsoft stock, because it's "off-chain". Microsoft stock price is off-chain because Ethereum can't ever know what Microsoft stock price is.

Ok cool, so what do we do? We build an oracle that send data into Ethereum smart contract. Something that Ethereum can understand.

Ok cool, what about ChainLink?

Alright, so BTC came first, did the whole double spending decentralized coin thing, then came Ethereum with it's decentralized smart contracts, and now ChainLink is here for decentralized trustless oracle. Oracles are NEEDED in order for smart contracts to function.

And. This is the only decentralized trustless oracle in existence that's also blockchain agnostic so it doesn't only work for Ethereum, but for NEO, WTC, ICX, HyperLedger, BTC, shitcoin, whatever. ChainLink will power ALL blockchains with data.

Get it now? Good!

Poorfag here I have 200 that I was gonna buy ETH->ICON with , should I be a fag an hop on Mr. Bones wild ride instead?

>Why would you need exclusively to use LINK to get Swift data?
Because LINK pays nodes in the ChainLink network
>Why cant Swift act as a simple oracle?
It's not that simple. See

What

user hook me up. Those eithdraw fees are killer:

0x1fc2967ef60f7b853c27feee171fe954872052ad

Can you explain the blockchain agnostic part?
How the fuck does it even work then?

Sergey cooked up some crazy shit with this lmao

Thanks

Ive had this discussion a million time and you guys can never give a real world example of how this would be used. An example from the website is "durr LINK can be used for horse races". Why the fuck do you need decentralized oracles for horse races? This shit makes no sense and Im not buying it. No doubt it will go to 10 bazillion though, since the market is officially retarded and you autists simply wont shut up about LINK.

P.S. We already have de facto smart contracts trading in 80% of financial markets. Theyre called autotraders (rely on IF/THEN algorithms) and they do just fine without muh decentralized oracle. Now keep spering out and telling me how dumb I am, Ive heard all of this shit before.

Reminder that ChainLink will revolutionize the derivative market by allowing them to utilize smartcontracts.

Reminder that the global derivative market is estimated to be worth between $630 Trillion and $1.2 Quadrillion.

Can one of you link shills pls explain to me why this is so huge?
LINK is an ERC20 token right? What is the purpose?

>missed out on link because poor
>making a little off ICX
>waiting for the next big thing from Veeky Forums

Stay poor, you gigantic faggot

>No doubt it will go to 10 bazillion though, since the market is officially retarded and you autists simply wont shut up about LINK.

SAGE
A
G
E

Smart Contract Securities need data feeds about market prices and market reference data e.g. Interest rates. They commonly also need to pay into existing bank accounts for many of their users, which can only be done through a ChainLink that connects to the existing banking system.
Smart Contract Insurance needs data feeds about IoT data related to the insurable event in question e.g. was the warehouses magnetic door locked at the time of a breach, was the companies firewall online, did the flight you had insurance on arrive on time, etc... Insurance products also commonly want to pay out in formats that users already want to receive e.g. USD to the end-users bank account.
Trade Finance Smart Contracts commonly need GPS data about shipments, data from supply chain ERP systems, and customs data about the goods being shipped; all of this data needs to be added to the smart contract by a ChainLink. Many trade finance transactions are still currently settled in fiat currency, which they can pay in using a ChainLink.

Try pitching oraclize to Bank of America and see if they are down