My parents want to put 2k into crypto. They want me to put them into relatively safe coins...

My parents want to put 2k into crypto. They want me to put them into relatively safe coins. I was going to put them in XLM, NEO, and ETH but NEO and ETH look pretty expensive right now. What are some other coins I should consider putting them in Veeky Forums?

If you want to play it completely safe, then ETH.

ETH my grandma bought a coin at $600, she paid my bro to build her a $3000 dollar mining rig, shes doing pretty well

OMG is an option.
VeChain looking super good long term, but maybe best to wait for rebrand if you don't want to take any risks with your parents money. Also don't worry about price of NEO and ETH, your parents will see a nice return on both of those

Eth or omg.

ETH, ZRX, OMG

XMR
even FUN and XRB have room to grow

Eth is overvalued just like btc. Xlm is a good pick, look into req & mth. dyor and look for good teams and partnerships with legit normie companies/commerce.

the alt boom market is slowing down. once the bitcoin bull returns, alts will be rekt for a while and you'll be a bag holder. buy bitcoin now, hold it until the alt depression is nearing the end and then invest in alts. they'll recover like they did this time and may/june 2017 and you'll be making big boy bucks. tak

the fuck you mean expensive, you don't need to buy a WHOLE coin you know. you're looking at this shit the wrong way, anyway buy ethereum, shit is boring and safe.

this.

Its price has almost doubled since Dec 31st.

doesn't matter that it has doubled it will still go up and be very safe relatively.

DENT

Xlm has gone 40x in a few months but that doesn't bother you.

ENG

This is entirely hypothetical, stop talking about the BTC-alt coupling as if it will last forever. There is nothing to suggest that alts will do the exact same thing they did last year you idiot.

Invest in good projects that are undervalued and BTC going up won't matter.

>what is market cap

overvalued?

ETH is literally investing into every past and future shitcoin simultaneously

there is no fucking way it doesn't moon like crazy over the next 2 years, unless something completely unpredictable happens

>Bitcoin bull
top kek
btc's era is long gone

Buy ETH and trade it for XLM at the end of January. Report back for duty after the mooning.

What coins is granny mining and specs on the rig? I'd like to get into mining soon.

Bruv you gotta understand the market is made of people making decisions. People see patterns in things. People do not like betting against recent patterns.

>Couple of days ago
>All alts on the rise while the king is asleep
>Angrliy rolls in his sleep and scratches a 1k usd green candle for no fucking reason
>Entire alt market goes red in expectancy
>Goes back to sleep

Anyone who's been in the space for at least a year is watching btc like a fucking hawk. One aggressive move up and alts are done for another 6 months

I feel like most of the logic stands, however just replace BTC with ETH as you're set

>$30 transactions that take 7 hours

Yeah nothx bud

BTC or ETH are your safest bets. You want safe, those are safe.

i'm screencapping this entire thread for later. also idk what "tak" is that is a typo.

I still remember the summer when it looked like ETH was on the way to dethroning BTC at 0.15. I think this time will be different. BTC has already had massive exposure, and even normies know about coins like Ripple now. I think people will be put off by BTC's price, and will flock to ETH for sweet 10x gains. ETH also was a working DEV team and a real world use. BTC is just a dinosaur at this point.

Also, BCH wasn't a thing over the alt-run in the summer at 0.15. It's a game changer, it will definitely cause chaos in the price of BTC, which alts and ETH will continue to capitalize on.

Godamn dude do you hate your parents?
Put their monies into dragonchain, tell them it's the Disney blockchain they will think you're a genius.

Only one answer

What?! No love for spankchain?

what don't you understand? people aren't going to be using btc like that. Institutions and very wealthy people are putting their money into btc in cold storage. Look at gemini. You think those winklefuckers aren't in this for the long haul? Cmon man. BTC ain't close to being dead. Dropping 10k fiat into it today

fees are too high, network is slow, the only worth while applications to come out of it are ponzi schemes i'm not saying it wont go up, i'm just saying its volatile as fuck and you're not investing with eth you're gambling.

>ETH is literally investing into every past and future shitcoin simultaneously
>ERROR: LOADING
>ERROR: INCREASED TRANSACTION TIMES
>ERROR: CAN'T HANDLE DOWNLOADING CARTOON CAT PICTURES

You’re right, but don’t worry normans will get burnes in the next few months. Btc will have a bull run.