Have people here really gotten rich from crypto or is it just one big meme?

Have people here really gotten rich from crypto or is it just one big meme?

I keep seeing
>Yeah I made x100 gains in the past few months I'm a millionaire now!

But I bet in reality, 90% of the people in the crypto trade are losing money.

Other urls found in this thread:

tokensale.lalaworld.io/register/IZhlu8ZRo7o6nM0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I bought 380 ETH in Nov 2016 for like $7-10 and have kept them ever since. Have also done a bit of trading with other promising low cap coins which have made me $100k or so.

Not a millionaire by any stretch but extremely close.

I am making money just not as much as I should be
I mean I've had my fair share of bad trades but I'm still up to 25k from an initial of $3369 somehow
And that 3369 includes coinbase fees and shit

Then again I started in April, which is why I say I'm not up anywhere near as much as I should be

I know it ain't much, but i ain't losing money

It is literally impossible to lose money in crypto

>this

People saying they 100x in 2 weeks are almost always larping, but long term hodlers almost always make big gains.

its not a meme, people here are really getting rich. then again most havent cashed out and who knows when a crash will come.

First step is Denial

pfff haha... let me teach you

unless you're a buy high sell low Veeky Forumslet

It's not exactly hard to lie on Veeky Forums now is it?

friendly reminder that ETH was $0.31 at ICO in 2014.
So it 3000x.
You only needed to invest $300 to be a millionair now.
So year, it's easily possible.
I myself need another 4x to enter the millionaire club.

Your delusional if you think crypto traders are losing money nocoiner.

Ive broken even. But only because 2/3 my holdings are Ethereum.

Making bad trades right and left (including fucking up the last REQ bump by trying to micromanage it. I bought ODN, got spooked by something I read and sold like a dumbass before the pump. I have a problem.

Luckily ICX is delivering pretty good.

Also seriously fuck IOTA.

Idiots dont make money, and Im an idiot.

And if you started in January 2017?

That's what I thought when I started 6 months ago. After this 1 month alts bull run, I'm a believer. You literally just need to buy the right coins (eg:not a literal scam) and wait for the tsunami. Remember to take profits though, or prepare to start a pink wojak folder like I did in October 2017

and it's exponential right now, so 4x is realistic by May

Then you need to get your ass into that ICO sale of LALA World. This shit is a guaranteed 10x short-term and then some because it tackles a real world problem, has a comparably low market cap as of now and a lot room to grow.
If you use my code tokensale.lalaworld.io/register/IZhlu8ZRo7o6nM0 you can earn 5% bonus tokens on your purchase. I'll get the same amount as well.
ICO is already going on with 110M of 150M token sold. Start was end of last week so you see there's a lot of hype for this thing.
The whitepaper checks out, the roadmap looks solid, the people behind it -albeit being pajeets- have a very solid background in fintech, the advisors are well picked. Everything just clicks!
This is going to be huge, so don't miss out on it, user!

The digimarines prove you wrong
Also fuck bunnycoin

>1. buy crypto
>2. ???
>3. Profit

It's that easy.

Lost thousands on Bcash buying high and selling low. Fug.

How do you know what the right coins are? The top 100 coins on Market Coin Cap have mooned a dozen times already. Anyone promoting moon coins on here/reddit is just p&d'ing

>But I bet in reality, 90% of the people in the crypto trade are losing money.

go back to /reddit/ you moron

Umad?

>pic related

I'm to autistic to take profits. I started in early december last month, and got a good amount. Can't help to think it's pointless to take out money below 100k and when it's 100k I prob want 500k

whichever coins have the best memes.

>tfw went from €1000 investment to €300
atleast someone else gotten happier with my money

1 year ago, pic related

best entry point was August 2015 after the bear market when BTC hit its floor at $200. So it's 17x since of whatever.

Some ICO's gave better returns.

E.g. you got 100 NEO for $8. Today that's €12000.

>nocoiners still exist
Wew

>Market Coin Cap
when do we gas the filthy no coiners

>Anyone promoting moon coins on here/reddit is just p&d'ing

Even if you know its a p&d you can still make a profit, just dont be greedy and get dumped.

At the end of the day if there is enough shilling for a coin its probably worth to invest at least a few bucks on it.

I look forward to seeing your collection of pink wojaks. Don't worry, I'll be there posting with you, cos I'm too greedy to take enough profits to be comfy during a crash

Sorry user I meant 2018 kek. I WISH I started last year

I'm sure there are a lot of larpers, but the market is in a manic phase right now. I started with the new year and made a lot of beginner mistakes and had some bad luck, and I'm still 87% over my initial investment. People who actually know what they're doing can make a lot of money right now. But you're right, unless the whole thing is a big con, there must be logically as many people who lose money as people who make money. This is what makes this thing feel a bit shady/unreal. The whole thing will crash at some point, but no one knows when, and it might not even be this year, so we keep going.

Market is nuts right now. I’m at 225k from initial 30k started in July but didn’t so much. From Jan 2 till Jan 9th I made 150k. Like wtf, 6 days!

It will keep going up, there's too many project and developers now. Of course, it's an overvalued meme, but it has momentum and is valid tech.

Pic related, logarithmic graph. Bitcoin price is of the form 2^t, it doubles about every 2 months now and that has been going on the whole last year. Of course past doesn't predict the future necessarily, but the market is generally bullish. Something like Ethereum or NEO has nothing holding the upwards pressure, so it's not too late to jump in.

didn't take the pic

>LALA World

what timeline is this

I think it was literally impossible to come out negative if you bought and held literally anything in the top 100 over the past few weeks

This.

You lose money only if you are an idiot and go all in. Also buy high sell low.

Literally how?

I get that dumping everything into ETH is a safe choice right now and will no doubt gain you some kind of small profit, but how on earth do you make 10x+ on random tiny altcoins?
I'm feeling like you'd have to do this pretty much as a full-time job in order to gain anything big from it, especially when pump/dump cycles can be a matter of hours

If you were handed $50k what are your top 5-10 picks?

Bitcoin

REQ, OMG, ZRX, LINK, ICON, VEN, XLM, FUN

Started with $1000 3 months ago. Have 50k now. Please lord have mercy and dont let the bubble pop before I 20x my stack and pay 30% tax for my million.

20k into REQ at 4c = 500,000 REQ.

REQ went to 1 dollar. I made half a milly lol

Why are women such liars, bros?

judging by the desperate begging 99% of biz holds less than 5k. only 1m accounts in the world holds more than 10k

So far I've turned $500 into $20000. I believe I will be rich in 2018 with my holds.

I mean yeah I get the general idea, I only got into this pretty much a week ago

What made you pick REQ back then? What would be the equivalent of REQ right now?

YES

Honestly, you can make it with stocks also. Its just so much harder now

No, you're wrong. It's not a zero sum game.

If everybody were bullish enough an decided not to sell ETH below 1400 tomorrow, then the price of ETH would go up to said 1400. Price growing doesn't indicate cash money going into the market, it indicates willingness to hold. Market literally creates money. E.g. the value of the stock market worldwide is far far above the actually existing market.
Everybody is throuwing their spare money into a pot to take when needed, and as long as not everybody want to cash out (sell), the price is held up. This does NOT correspond to $ value. Which itself is fictuous too. In 1900, a 1$ bill bought you 20 times as much milk as it does today.

Now blockchain tech is valid.
This is a new form of crowdfunding and stocks.
Albeit "proof of work" and "smart contract" are literally terms from the 90's, and blockchain data type is a kind of Merkle tree, which is from the 70's, i.e. this was all possible even before Satoshi, but it just got traction.
Due to the momentum, some sorts of business will die out, being replaced with some decentralized apps.

In the most hyptotetical scenario, governments will give crypto half-assed shit, while at the same time adopting tech itself, which will result in fiat (dollar, euro, etc) actually being devaluated.

my portfolio is still down from 2400 to 1900 since the stupid CMC thing happened.

Jesus, REQ will hit the norms this year and will be a top 10 coin. Imagine the fucking money you're sitting on.

Just don’t sell, it’s not hard at all. Every coin moons that isn’t a complete shit project and even then some of those do ahem tron, but yeah buy and hold. If it doesn’t go up then wait until it does or until you are positive that you have a better opportunity by selling and getting into another coin

You probably all-inned successfully a few times didn't you?

I unrlironically turned $200 into 40K since december.

crypto most definitely is a zero sum. there are some arguments against dow jones being a zero sum in academia, but half of professionals agree even dow is zero sum. again, you have not gained a cent until you sell

because they can get away with it?

applies to both genders, tho

I've turned 2k into 20k since thanksgiving. It would have been 50k but I wasn't paying attention to crypto the day TRX went to 29 cents. Not a big deal though plenty of moons to come in other coins

Yeah I got up to 2500 and put that all in on fun. Early, before it was talked about here and was 2 cents. Then I took a grand out of fun and put it into vericoin. Sitting comfy with that until July or so then I will diversify more. Never underestimate the power of good research. I have never bought anything shilled here I trust my research

I turned 30k into 200k since june and that's playing with it once or twice a week.

If you don't day trade and you take profits periodically, you will make money without having to watch any charts. Market cap is still under 1 trillion and normans want it, the price of everything on binance and bittrex can only go up....unless the coin is delisted.

Don't be a retard and you're a-okay. Also dump on niggers, if you see them pumping a coin on twitter, that's when you know it's time to exit.

Portfolio went from 1800 to 3000 since I started on Christmas. I feel like I'm doing "average"...any gains are good I suppose...but fuck, I would have had probably 1000 more in assets if I haven't been fucking around trying to day trade.

No longer.

I put 15k in Bitcoin 2017ish and 5x'ed my money (still hodling).
Also pissed away about 30k in shitcoin gains because I sold before they took off.

Not if it sticks, then the losses are on the other side of the fence.

Consider this: 99% are literally all in on Tether right now.

Stocks aren't currency, you'll never buy a computer with an Amaozon share. Yes, if crypto stays a meme, then the bulk of people - the ones joining last - get fucked. But if crypto stays with us, then all normies will get rekt, and it will not be pretty.

Idk man, I just quadrupled my initial investment in a week.
The only people that lose money on crypto are utter brainlets.

I was down day tradiing at first too. Then I stopped trading dips on ethereum and started trading alt coins and doing research with projects I liked. Now I'm ahead of what I would be had I left it in ethereum by like 60k. DOn't get discouraged just keep learning.

surely some of it is larping but it's a global market with billions of dollars. If few hundred people on Veeky Forums made it it's not that surprising.

Then again those who lose money usually cash out and leave and don't bother reporting about it here.

nice w/ what coin? OMG was my first to quadruple, then req was my first to get over 2000% :D Got 85k of that shit can't wait for it to go 5 - 10 plus. Have my house paid off woo

Thanks, good inspiration for sure. I'm riding out a coin at the moment and hopefully in a couple of weeks I can put the profit into something good - Will definitely be starting research now so I don't just FOMO and fuck up

Its all a meme, nobody here even trades in crypto

i started with $600 and put $100 in yesterday. How can i do better?

>i have never bought anything shilled here
Did you drop fun then or does it not count if you already had it.

I got lucky I didn’t know what the fuck I was doing but I didn’t sell anything. That’s how to do it. I was early chainlink then I hit 10x on kucoin w $8k initial. It was a ridiculous 7 days. Now I’m sittting at 225 and I want 1 mili. Annoyed I didn’t go balls to the wall on DBC and PRL, I was in both

>whole market is up like 10x since one year ago
>ETH up 200x since January of last year

"it's impossible anyone made money"

Actually it's impossible anyone who bought crypto didn't make money.

The only question right now is whether it will keep going up or if it will crash, in which case anyone who did not cash out will not in fact have made money

i started a month ago

yeah you are right

I lost 90% of my stack 3 times already

today I made it back to my initial starting point yet again after several moon mission

No idea if I will ever have long term success

The best place I've found for research is the daily altcoin discussion on /r/ethtrader -- have made a lot of money there just reading through people's htoughts every day and discovering potential coins to research

what are you in now??

Get out of REQ and XRP while you can. XMR, XRB, ICX, and maybe even ETH will at least double by the end of the month. You heard it here first.

No way, REQ will 10x time march easy. It's NA's OMG.

The last 2 weeks were super easy, during the BTC dip everything was quite shitty and I lost some money.
Things will quite soon get shitty again though I'm ready for that.

>I got lucky
Yeah, this is kinda what I feel like it all boils down to in the end
I have no clue where to even start with that massive list of coins that could easily pendulum in one or the other direction

No I haven't dropped it because I believe it will easily go to a dollar this year which will give me 100k. It only helped me it started being shipped here. I'm already x10 on it when other people are buying in at 15 cents +

That's great, I appreciate it, thank you bro, will bookmark and give a browse

no problem good luck friend. peace be w/ u

I’m banking a lot on chainlink long term success. Waiting for dip to buy even more bc I was pussy footing a little bit before. I easily should have 100k link instead I have 55k. It’s painful to buy something when you use to buy it at 20 cents but can’t have that mindset

If it does, I'm happy for you, but I don't see that happening. I just think there are lower risk coins that would return even more.

thanks

It is very very difficult. Crypto is the Chad Optimism! New Paradigm! memed personified

I started with $5400 and now have $3.5 million. Not larping.

Almost all my gains were from ETH. I bought 2736 ETH when they were $2.30/eth.

My take on this is that you need about 2 weeks of active research to 'get into' crypto. To understand how to use exchanges, how to spot pajeet shills and, most importantly, how to control your emotions.

People who start and turn their money x10 in a week simply got lucky. That's all there is to it. They invested in a random shitcoin they saw on Veeky Forums without thinking and hit the jackpot. And now they think they are the shit and everyone else sucks at this. They could've very well just chosen a different coin and not have made significant gains.
The thing is - if you get a good start you usually have it easier than people who don't. If you randomly put 1k into XVG and it just mooned to 20k, you'll think that you're an investing genius and could just invest that 20k again in something else and be at 400k. So you randomly throw it into TRX and it also moons. You got lucky, nothing more to it. I've seen someone put 500k into TRX before it mooned. It was a fucking idiotic decision, but now he has 4 million. It's just luck.

Now imagine you invested in something that didn't moon. You see all these gains elsewhere and think you'll sell and get into something else. And you start jumping around and are down because of every single dollar you lose and wonder why you miss the moon missions.

And now imagine you accidentally made a bad trade at the beginning. You start losing money and cut your losses. From now on you'll have an extremely hard time controlling your emotions and make one bad decisions after another. It'll take you a few weeks to get everything under control, but from then on you'll be able to make rational decisions much better than the lucky ones, who might lose everything on one bad trade.

TL;DR: Some people get lucky and think they're the shit. Some people don't and get fucked by their emotions.

I've made 5x in the last 2 weeks, could be 20x if I had bigger balls

ICX is just hitting the korean exchanges. It will be >$20 at the end of the week and is definetly a comfy long time hold.

I 9x’d my initial 1k investment day trading in about 2 weeks. I think I’ve lost maybe 50% of my gains overall though from fucking up and taking bad advice. I got here mostly due to dumb luck/research. After I doubled my money a few times I became obsessed with searching for the next moon mission and now it’s basically my sole hobby. I had a generous goal of 100k by EOY, but now I’m thinking I can hit that by The middle of the year. End goal is to throw 1mil into a mutual fund and retire before I hit 30 (3 years)