Crypto is actually dying

Well.... fuck it, what's next Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@VitalikButerin/the-meaning-of-decentralization-a0c92b76a274
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

stfu faggot

Eltcoin

It’s not dying. It’s having difficulty keeping up with demand. In fact, exchanges CANT keep up with demand. Once these fuckers upgrade their servers and open up registration, we will see a boom like never before. February/March is going to be nuts.

>le shemitah effect

shitty penny stocks, sucking dicks and talking about how to do well in job interviews like we used to 3 years ago.

Check out Bitcoin, we are going sub $10k without any doubt. Shit is dying user...

It's fucking Asia by the way

Everything will rebound tomorrow.

>tfw browsed Veeky Forums daily during that time but got caught up in stupid election bullshit like a retard and missed the crypto boat by 2 years

FUCK YOU TRUMP YOU DISTRACTED ME

I'm getting ducked holding btc...skmeones going to pay for this

Do it bitch.

You won't.

But what if it will never recover anymore?

My dad's a mod here and gave me your IP. You're the first one on the list.

Your dad does it for free.

How is it dying retard

What a bitch

BTC will bounce off the 13k resistance like 2 times before. Veeky Forums full of pink wojaks because all alts will bleed while BTC retests new highs. Then everything back to normal. ETH will see a hefty correction for the FOMO pump we've just seen.

Only the king is dying. Long live the new king.

>all shitcoins up 2x, 3x, 50x, some 100x
>market starts to correct, drops 10%
>CRYPTO IS DEAD

if btc dips below $14,000 we're probably entering a bear market for a short period. otherwise stop being a faggot.

>have 0.14 BTC
>send to exchange to sell
>transaction stuck

It's been there for 3 weeks now. I don't think this is ever going to catch on as an actual currency. At this point we're waiting on the gambling to stop, then bitcoin will die.

>BTC
But BTC is inferior compared to another alts. Its slow, has high fees etc. To be honest l dont think BTC will ever reach 25k

>btc will keep growing forever
How typical

Bitcoin != all crypto REEEEE-tard

I never said that. But it wont die here.

it's not dying, dumb money is getting shaken off, it's going back up when stacy and lashinqua stop buying verge xrp trx and all this bs.

It won't die.. It will drop maybe in half over the period of several months and never recover until the lightning network is live

Can someone here explain to me why crypto is even a thing? It has zero stability, there is literally a thousand different coins, unregulated completely, and as far as I can tell zero "real" value (value is subjective but hopefully you know what I mean). What happens if cryptocurrencies die as a whole, how many people will bankrupt themselves because they've overextended and went all in?

I don't know maybe I'm a retard who doesn't know anything so if someone could explain to me why this is even a thing? I guess it just reminds me too much of some Dutch lads and a bunch of tulips.

Read the bitcoin whitepaper and lurk moar, faggot.

It works something like this:
1- You buy
2- You HODL
3- You sell and get rich

The problem now is that nobody is buying anymore.

Will do ya cunt

The money from normies buying into scams is trickling down

what you guys do lurking here though? the board is literally 150% crypto. nocoiners like to cope here?

>shemitah effect
what is this retarded shit

Tangible assets

you corecucks are hilarious

if you're not buying right now you're retarded dumbass.

*puts hedge in tether*

heh, nice try kiddo

You're right, it's absolutely insane - even the shitty little exchanges are struggling to keep up with demand. Crypto isn't dying, exchanges are.

I never come here, last time I frequented this board was around a massive BTC crash soo 2013 I think? The board was definitely slower back then.

I originally came tonight for 401k advice on whether or not it would be a good idea to enroll into it or opt out since I'm 22 and each check is 1-1.1k bi weekly before taxes. (The pull % for the first 3 months is 3%)

I opted in at my first job when I was 18. Best decision I've ever made. You never notice missing the money, and when you decide to buy a house you can borrow from your 401(k) to make the down payment. It's debatable about whether that's the best move or not, but it's what I did. paid off the 401(k) loan and continued to contribute that extra amount after it was paid off. I max it out every year now.
Just my two cents.

but normies that dont know anything will buy into it because its a meme

I should add that another user said I should save 10% each check and just save up that way, but since I've always been bad with saving money I'm looking at getting the most out of my money since I'm living in a place that's $100 cheaper now.

NEXT BIG COIN IS CHOCOLATE COINS STOCK UP BEFORE EASTER

FUCKING NORMIES, THIS SHIT IS NORMAL. REMEMBER WHEN BTC DROPPED TO 12k AND BOUNCED BACK TO 16k, EVERYTHING WILL BOUNCE BACK.

I have that same problem. Another thing I do is have my taxes maxed so I get a large tax refund each ear. I also try to have things automatically go in to savings accounts I don't have checks or a card for since I'll spend the money if it's easy to get to.

Look at the 7 day chart

if you want to make the most of your money do some research grow some balls and hope into crypto, faggit.

Thanks for the response, did you stick with that one job the entire time or did you move around a lot? Also what percentage were you getting pulled out?

I was also thinking about leaving 10% out of each check and just throwing it into a savings account and letting it sit. I don't, sorry for all of the retarded questions I've never saved money before so this is all new to me but I want to maximize the potential.

>letting ((them)) use your money interest free

And ecc my niqqa. Also thanks to the based op for the xcxt recommendation this morning. Came in clutch and price doubled already. Still super low mcap and great potential. Get on this eltcoin, ecc, xcxt while the boosters are still warming up fampai. If not I’ll be seeing y’all from low earth orbit shortly

Thanks but no thanks, I'm not really sold on the crypto hype train I wasn't back in 2013 and I'm still not. Maybe that's why I'm a poor cuck who knows.

I worked that job for a number of years, then when I got a new one I rolled the 401(k) over in to my new employers plan. I've only had the two jobs since minimum wage work. Whenever you switch jobs you can move the money with no penalty.
I have two problems, I'm lazy and I'm bad at saving. I've found the best way to overcome that was to have my money automatically saved and make it a pain in the ass to get to. As for how I started, I just made the contribution that my employer matched the first year and had it increase by 1% each year until it made it to the level where you can't contribute any more. It evens out to about what kind of annual raise I get so I never really notice it. It's shocking how much it grows when you can't touch it.

Oh, I forgot to mention the other savings accounts. When I pay something off (like a car), I just keep making the payment to a savings account.

you'd be rich by now if you did jump in back in 2013.
see you in 2020 faggot.

bitcoin is fucking dying you dumbass. all the signs of life support are there. why be a greedy pig dissapointed in yourself for not jumping ship when you should have and let better tech takeover. I thought biz was /smartmoney/ what happened to this place

>nobody is buying anymore

where have you been? the crypto market cap has gone from like ~$300B to $750-800B+ in the span of a couple months

Every shitcoin has gone up at least 2-3x and many closer to 10-100x in the same time frame.

EVERYONE's buying. I have my goddamn grandparents calling asking about crypto, my 54 year old mother ask about crypto, my drug addicted sister asking about crypto, people I haven't spoken to in years are calling me up talking about crypto. It's everywhere. On television, news, references in movies and films Crypto is becoming a culture similar to how we're currently living in a fitness/gym culture.

Sure, it might be a fad, it's probably a bubble, but that doesn't mean we can't all get filthy fucking rich in the meantime. Just have an exit strategy, don't plan to hold crypto for 10+ years as your retirement strategy, but I think it's fairly safe to stay in the game for ~2 more years at least, and you'd be a total retard to not invest at least throughout the entirety of 2018 where we're almost certain to see the biggest gains of all time as the crypto marketcap goes from ~$750B to multiple trillions, maybe even $7-10T by the end of the year if things really cascade.

fpbp

Same. Still love him tho.

you must be an idiot, exactly this will happen if it dies

What happen? I will tell you what: Veeky Forums got infested by normies who have no fucking idea what they are doing. Instead of selling high and buying low they just want to "LE HODL" forever because Reddit says that's a fucking great strategy.

We seriously need to move to some onionchan...

t. laggard

Thanks for the advice user, screencapping it as a reminder when I want to buy stupid shit.

I'll be here when it's never recognized and eventually gets killed off by China, I'm happy with my worthless paper.

bought in 2013...85% of that at $1000 coins. Up
5000% with minimal trading.

If you had bought Dow or S&P in 2007 right before the crash started you would still be up tons too.

No prob man. I wish I could have told young me not to buy stupid cars and crap like that. Would have saved me a lot of money!

>Then everything back to normal.

Holy shit. I'm so glad I dumped the rest of my btc today.

that being said I only hold shit I believe in. Obviously btc-core is dead.

ah an oldfag believing that bitcoin will never die, what else is new user? sigh. this place sucks. you guys should take hints better next time, I thought bitcoin shitting the bed during its bull run to 20k was clear as daylight

Death.

oh god, i'm in a crypto facebook group for my country just for laughs, and it's amazing how fucking dumb some people are

also verge and tron are fucking everywhere

like you even have these 40-50 year old moms talking about their tron stacks

1.bitcoin owns the entire market
2.bitcoin drops and hasn't stopped for 6 week with no sign it flattening out.
3.delusional people won't accept anything.
4.people still in denial while they've lost 99% of their "investment"
5. people make excuses and apologists for losing their money.

Prob this, hope all the shitcoins get weeded out again. Fucking normies are fucking up the market. They will trigger another crypto crash. Hope the scams can GTFO of the top 100

Total market cap went up 25% while BTC remained a piece of shit and gained no market share. BITCOIN IS TRASH, time for you to accept it already user.

Investing in kneepads

bitcoin fuels the whole cryptomarket.

its going to drop below that last drop.

when that happens, it's all over. everyone will dump bitcoin.

Bitcoin is shit but altcoins are worse since they made solely to make the developers rich. The real replacement for Bitcoin doesn't exist yet.

Fuck did everyone here start trading a month ago?
Ups and Downs fgts been trading since 2013

yeah but this is no a little up or down.

it's become mainstream, meaning majority of "investors" are normies and once they get bitten by bitcoin or crypto, they will walk away and never look back.

the whole thing will become poison to normies.

HODLing works, let the weak hands die out

these kids haven't seen an aggressive bear market.

that's what really makes an investor.

People forget Mt.Gox, everyone thought it was the end of crypto as we know it

HODL is hold on for dear life. Do just that

>Gold 1970 $1100/ounce
>Gold 2018 $1400/ounce

Do nocoiners realize gold isnt even good as a store of value? It's like they failed basic math.

kill yourself retard

it will go up a bit and then drop down. alll the way down.

was 35 in 1970. wtf you smoking

It's hilarious how every time that Bitcoin crashes shills start telling everyone to HODL, when in reality they know they have to sell high (i.e. right now for instance) and buy low (i.e. in 6 months).

Bitcoin is dead though, this user is completely right: Maybe Zcash will survive for drugs and other shady stuff though.

Monero

wouldn't want to be holding bags of coins it the market crrrraasshhes

Cryptographic Currency my dood.

It's not that the price of gold went up or down. It's the value of the USD going definitely going down.

>muh buttcoin
People will be able to buy with USD (fairX) or ETH pairs (ETH DEX's) soon enough, or maybe even NEO pairs soon. What purpose does this leave for BTC? ETH is even better as a store of value because it will have staking in the long term.

Monero, Zcash, Bprivate, Enigma, and maybe Sumo

Daily reminder Andrew Jackson tried to stop those faggots from running up the premine

it will never go back up to 20,000. it only hit 17,000 on that last rally.

it will hit 12-13k this time, it might go back up a little bit, but this time most people will cash out and turn their backs on the whole market.

bitcoin only rose to the levels it did because it was shilled by the media etc.

>typing out the word "sigh"
Thanks for the input, I'm sure your middle school economics class was very educational today

I'm playing the long game, private keys are in deep cold storage. I wanna see where crypto goes in 5-10 years, when actual blockchain services become mainstream (REQ, LINK, ARK, BAT, FUN, ODN, NEO, ELLA) start getting built and start earning revenue. Plus I'm prepared to lose whatever I've invested in, I only put like ~1000 bucks into this.

shhh let them believe user. I don't want these brainlets to reap the benefits of our utility coins

BTC is in the beginning of it's death throes. Enough wealthy people that got in and hold stacks will keep it alive for awhile, but it serves very little purpose now.

ETH is proving that services are more valuable than currency. ETH get's the (((currency))) for free since it's now being used as a trading pair on every major exchange (and it's much more efficient) since most people buy on coinbase type exchanges, and transfer to kucoin/binance style alt-coin exchange.

Prior to the last month or so, BTC was the store of value and LTC as a secondary conduit to move between exchanges, but the emergence of shitcoins like XRP and TRX really engaged the normies because they offered a high rate of return that those who got into BTC or ETH last year or before were able to enjoy.

Now the fundamentals of the system are being tested (is the coin actually going to do something) so pieces of shit coins that are single use or just whitepapers with good shilling will eventually be found out.

Remember, crypto is all about intrinsic trust. If you are trying to build something that cannot be useful to someone or are essentially falsifying your product, you will be found out and dumped on.

TL;DR - buy some ETH for now and start looking for other quality projects that offer services that are wide reaching. Same as when dotcom was around - the winners were the killer apps that did many things for many people. this is why ETH is going to be very strong for the near future and can extend this if the development can keep pushing the needed promises (POS, scalability, etc.). There are better techs out there, but network effect is the true king, and that is being transfered from BTC to ETH. You can watch this in real time by just watching the BTC/ETH pairing.

when i started using ETH to buy my alts I realized that bitcoin was fucking pointless. i tried to move 0.2 btc to bittrex to buy more NEO a week ago and it's STILL waiting to be confirmed. ETH takes a few minutes at worst.

>There are better techs out there, but network effect is the true king, and that is being transfered from BTC to ETH. You can watch this in real time by just watching the BTC/ETH pairing.
This. BTC/ETH has been steadily decreasing and Bitcoin has been effectively frozen by futures. ETH actually gives you something for holding, or at least it will in the future.

will you haven't spent to much on it, thats ok

i've lost about 1/2 my initial "investment"

i've tripled my money a few times in 2 months but have been an idiot dry trading and unfortunately holding coins that crashed dramatically.

blockchain won't become mainstream, it might be useful in some niche area's, but banks don't like it because they want to have total control over people and economies.

it's a bubble. It's a cool new thing in search of a real world use.

When there's altcoins called TurboXchingchong or whatever with the same market cap as an S&P500 company, I know this is a speculative bubble. Things which don't create earnings do not rise more than 1000% a year forever and ever.

This. ETH and NEO will be the kings of crypto 10 years from now. With BTC aka the AOL of crypto having died we'll see actual decentralised businesses running. This IS the future, and what was Vitalik dreamed all along. We're witnessing the births of the new Google, Amazon, Microsoft and Facebook.

Check out this article by Vitalik. It goes over what it truly means to be decentralized.

medium.com/@VitalikButerin/the-meaning-of-decentralization-a0c92b76a274