LINK

ATTENTION LINKIES, THIS IS NOT A DRILL
SGX HAS BEEN COMPROMISED
if you have read the whitepaper you know this is a vital component of the ChainLink network

github.com/lsds/spectre-attack-sgx
software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-software-guard-extensions-intel-sgx/topic/754168

FUCKING SELL BEFORE ITS TOO LATE

Other urls found in this thread:

threatpost.com/anti-virus-updates-required-ahead-of-microsofts-meltdown-spectre-patches/129371/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shit... This might actually be fud worth paying attention to guys.

I'm not fuding, I'm warning
I was wondering what was going on with LINK and I found this
tried to look for info to clarify this but there's none, and apparently SGX has already been compromised in the past

lol doesn't mean shit

explain how SGX being compromised dosen't mean shit
you do know that the whole confidentiality of the chainlink network rellies on it, right?

seen already a proof-of-concept attack on sgx is a good thing. It means people are watching closely, and that it will be fixed early enough.

Bro this is clear fucking FUD. SGX has issues that researches are aware of and have been working on for a while now. LINK plans to work with hardware enclaves in the future but its the CLIENTS decision to choose SGX nodes. The network works without SGX. It's entirely Intel's responsibility to continue to work on their hardware (And even without that people have released countermeasures for different attacks). ChainLink just demonstrated that they can incorporate it into the network.

0/10 FUD

Nothing is going on with link dumb fucking newfags

No it does not. That is just an option for a more secure node, the handling of reliability and confidentiality is layed out in the whitepaper.

what alternative there is to SGX?
wouldn't it at least make the mainnet launch later than expected?

no arguments?

No arguments are needed because if you read the whitepaper or watched any of the talks you would understand how node trust works within the network.

Could be a very minor problem, encouraging to sell LINK. I bet you would have sold ETHER at 250$ after minor gossip or rumors aswel. Too easy, your right... sell now then buy back in at $8 when everything is up and running 100%

Huh. This is the first actual ChainLink hurdle I've seen after months of bullishness. It's by no means fatal, but it means some sort of work will be required to provide secure hardware petitions in nodes.

Damn. Thanks for the heads up, user. Always good to know about actual issues, not the usual retarded FUD.

The price looks like it is being propped up all of a sudden. I've tried posting this in numerous threads and nobody bants with me wtf.
>very low volume
>stair-step buy wall
>not consolidating properly

What? Why would you need an alternative? SGX is still being updated by Intel. And how would that delay the mainnet launch? The network does not require SGX, that hardware is just kind of an 'add on' option that can make a node more secure. It is not required. Simple as that.

>if you have read the whitepaper you know this is a vital component of the ChainLink network
If YOU read the whitepaper you would know SGX is just a bonus that individual nodes can employ to increase security. ChainLink would still work fine if SGX or any other forms of trusted hardware did not exist at all.

is this like when vitalik died in a car crash?

you're welcome I guess

the confidentiality is supposed to be a long term achievement for LINK, could they chose another security system or even wait for intel to fix the problem I guess

alright man, still the price predictions without confidentiality are way lower IMO
dosent mean they wont fix it

The Spectre exploit has been patched. Good FUD attempt tho, better than the usual.

Yeah, if anything it's good that this has come out when it has. If this vulnerability was found when the mainnet was already up, and nodes were already heavily using SGX, then you would see a total shitshow.

It's not really a hurdle because most problems that affect SGX are the same issues that affect other Intel hardware. And yet everyone in the fucking world runs Intel including everyone in finance.

Intel SGX is not a necessary part. ChainLink is compatible with Intel SGX. But you don't HAVE to use it.

In the future this could be patched or Intel releases hardware that's patched. And it's like ChainLink is static. It's programmable. it could be updated to support other hardware.

If we assume this Intel compromise is still a huge hit against ChainLink, then we will also consider the fact that it's still the only decentralized trustless blockchain agnostic solution to the oracle problem. This means ChainLink will still have it's use-case besides high security smart contracts.

oh phew, did you guys read the steps?

> 4. Remember to "make clean" before switching build mode

someone tell Surfehy to type "make clean" it's prolly a cmd promopt thing whats his email

should I go ahead and delete the thread?

agree

source? and ty I guess

threatpost.com/anti-virus-updates-required-ahead-of-microsofts-meltdown-spectre-patches/129371/

Patch isn't released yet but it's complete and ready.

>threatpost.com/anti-virus-updates-required-ahead-of-microsofts-meltdown-spectre-patches/129371/
that's cool, published yesterday
thanks man, really didnt want to go to sleep all stressed up

thats cool but where does it say anything about intel or SGX

>meltdown
>Spectre
Do you know what Intel SGX is? It's a hardware enclave built into CPUs.

no i dont, explain to me how microsoft patches has anything to do with intel hardware