HODL ETH?

HODL ETH?

Other urls found in this thread:

flippening.watch/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you sell before PoS is released you will regret it for the rest of your life. You are sitting on gold, dont let it slip through your hands

tfw 3 eth

I'm holding for my life, I can only afford so much in my current state in life

I have 1.5 ETH, consider yourself lucky

>Selling before Casper upgrade

always hodl

For how long?

>selling this gem
>ever

I just have one question, on what blockchain are all the meme coins working that come out every week and with what do you exchange them?

ETH will surpass BTC before EOY

Im a noob, ETH is the first crypto I have bought lmao

Forever. Just put it into a PoS staking contract in a couple months and let it multiply, youll be set for life

I'd rather sell my mother than ETH

anyone know when casper will be ready or around what time?

Will it get to that glorious 20k?

How much are family members worth in ETH???

post sharding

aka mid-late 2019 would be my guess

>Mfw only 30ETH

Fuck man I should have listened to the discords I was in. I could have bought 50ETH, instead I bought 42 and then put 12 into a diversified portfolio. I have more now than I would have with just 42ETH or even 50ETH but I know that in the future 1ETH will be worth so fucking much. Fuck.

Am I going to make it?

Nice

I'm expecting to be a millionaire with 61 ETH within 2 years - you'll probably make it

who knows though, a lot can happen in the meantime

Honestly though, will crypto still be around after EOY?

>Casper upgrade
when is it?
People have been talking about this for more than a year

If it's been more than a year and we have no release date, thats sketchy as fuck lads

eth is the absolute never sell, you should in fact always be trying to get more...

the only eth sell is if there is another dao and they fork, then fuck them, but they let parity eat a shit sandwich for their fuckup so...

not a doubt in my mind about that - even just as a currency it's insanely interesting, but the use cases are infinite

it's on par with the internet honestly; no one could predict how it would be used in it's infancy, only in hindsight can you actually see how crazy it really was - I think we'll see a similar timeline with crypto

That's actually the greatest comparison for crypto I have seen so far

Its already live on the testnet and working great. It will be released soon, the Ethereum team is rich as fuck and have 50x more developers than any other crypto

EOY price prediction faggots

I started with ETH in the ~$170 range, but have since made way more with NEO and ICX. I have so much in NEO and ICX at this point that I am down to just 1 ETH from about 20.

Should I be selling the other two and getting back into ETH 100%?

it's really only starting to materialize, but it's becoming a little more tangible already since it got added to the testnet

both vitalik and vlad seem fairly positive from what I can gather, but I wouldn't be surprised if a full year passes before Casper is fully rolled in

You should buy UFR..

Im guessing 7k - 10k

I got into eth at 7 totally by accident/luck.

I still have 100, the others were spent on more btc and some other picks that went good(neo at 3 bucks, 250 of them) for example.

I can't tell you to sell neo, not sure what price you got in at, but I believe 2018 is eth's year. I think you should be holding at least a couple...

I got into NEO at $7.40 and ICX at $4.98

how old is your sister?

it seems that any coin thats not eth/icx/neo just got demoted to absolute trashcan status

whats the point of owning anything else if eth if gonna do 10-20% every day

I dont have a sister, I have my mother, my fathers ashes, my nan, great nan and my uncle

Dont know what to do... Hold my 6ETH or go all in in ICX?

Hold ETH

Whats meant with EOY?

Could you please explain how this works? Much appreciated.

Where do you guys have your ETH?

Is a exchange like poloniex safe?

What is the safest way to have all your ETH stored?

End of Year

i keep mine in a crusty sock under my bed

From all the exchanges I tink coinbase is pretty safe. Otherwise try parity.

No clue, but if it helps I have my ETH in coinbase

Someone give a noob advice
Apart from a hardware wallet , where is best to store my eth?
I don't trust my laptop because of the amount of shit I've torrented over the years, can use my new Samsung or girlfriends laptop as a last resort

Honestly thats a good place to store stuff, because who would go near an old crusty sock

>implying the crypto bubble won’t burst by then

>implying the bubble hasn't burst already

Coinbase, it has an app and shit

it may be utilized by normies but
coinbase
they actually store cryptos offline and the fiat wallet is fdic insured.

same here, w-will we make it with 3 eth?

>I got into NEO at $7.40 and ICX at $4.98

nice. i got into neo when it was still ans, no icx.

nothing huge, holding 270.

I am holding similar amounts of omg, lisk, and strat...

Probably?

If you have more than 10K USD of it, get a hardware wallet like Trezor or Ledger, they're only like 100 bucks.

who the fuck are you people, you need to go back

Back to where?

This place reads like plebbit.

honestly as long as we hold, yes
I mean look at the fucks who got into bitcoin at the start of 2017, and if they were smart cashed out at 20K

Imagine if ETH hits 20K (which I think it will) and if it even goes beyond, we're golden user

I swear if it hits 20k I am going to attempt to literally fuck Veeky Forums

Where can I find information about how this new Casper fork will work? It will obviously still require network processing to validate. Where will miners shift their resources to better use?

its anyones guess, the contenders are pretty obvious.

the amount of hashing power in ether is astonishing and the difficulty reshuffle is going to be insanity for alot of coins as the power moves around...

I would have to assume that regardless, your payback would be some function of hashrate and stake. The network should speed up but that shouldn't render miners useless, they would just change responsibilities. Right?

>I would have to assume that regardless, your payback would be some function of hashrate and stake. The network should speed up but that shouldn't render miners useless, they would just change responsibilities. Right?

ahh, that is a different question.

I am not familiar enough with the cutover to really know, but I think when the full migration to PoS happens, all the GPU's stop work. So all those terahash will mvoe to other coins.

ETH is king. Best tech and will be king of the market cap after POS.

When is it supposed to be released?

>I would have to assume that regardless, your payback would be some function of hashrate and stake.

I think its stake only right? there is no hashing in a proof of stake environment, that is the point, no more mining...the work is now consensus...

>Imagine if ETH hits 20K

Will literally let the gaybois in biz fuck me in the ass bareback. Do not care if i get pajeetaids. Going to be living the Magic Johnson life.

>>Imagine if ETH hits 20K

this would be unimaginably good.

50 ETH master race here. Holding strong.

Are there any estimates on the numbers? Just how rich am I going to get through PoS alone?

Well, sure but that doesn't really make any sense. Someone still has to mine/validate on the network. It is consensus right now, based on majority rule of a lot of processing power on the network - a lot of redundancy. My understanding is that stake means that you insure your share. If you submit a bullshit share, you lose your ETH. Good shares are rewarded. Because they are insured, it wouldn't require as many participators in "consensus" as it does today. I'm just not sure on the exact details, how the mechanism works, which was the root of my question.

staking will be done instead of mining when ETH upgrades. Staking will be done via smart contracts on the ETH blockchain. The stakers get rewarded ETH, just like miners do now. The amount of ETH required for staking will initially be very high, ballpark of around 1000 ETH minimum for each node. As it's done by smart contract, it could be possible to pool ETH into smart contracts, rather than just allowing mega whales to control the whole supply.

Seriously, congrats on this

You will be a self made millionaire very soon

what about MEW

Again, ignoring the fact that some resources have to be out there to support the network, even if the amount of power required is significantly reduced. You don't just get ETH for having ETH. Maybe you can invest in pools that have processors and you get a cut of that. That would make more sense.

70 eth reporting in, still waiting patiently for this year's flippening

Dumb fuck, you don't even get proof of stake do you? Go kys.

70 here too, bretty comfy

>Autistic response with no useful information.

Please, educate me, Einstein. My guess is that you don't know shit about anything.

Well the nodes that validate are the ones that put the ETH up in stake. Vitalik only wants about 10% of the network's ETH staking at once, and to start with only wants around 1500 validators staking. This is pre-sharding, and isn't finalised, but it means there will be competition. Network issuance is expected to be around 1.5% annually, meaning if the 10% network being staked is correct, they get 15% ETH reward per year to pay for the costs of running the node. If you're interested in staking, look into Rocketpool, their website has lots of info on the process, and is developing a smart contract pool system as well.

Why not split that up between 70 shitcoins and end the year with 700 ETH?

>He's holding, dump it

>self made
>literally just clicked a button
But Yeah, he'll be partying with Trump and Saudi princes

Once ICX gets to $15 or $20 I might actually sell all of it to get back into ETH and just fuck off for a few years and hold lol. I already have $300k so I would just need to wait a year or two and be a millionaire at this rate.

Because 70 is almost 100k i think and ETH is the safest x5 to x10 in this market. Sure you can place it in other lower marketcap alts and get a x100 but there is a higher chance you will get cucked.

Thanks for the resource. Some of what you said was what I was asking about. There is still a need for nodes, just not as many, as basically "insuring" your node would quickly weed out bad actors.

>Please, educate me, Einstein
Oh it's the butthurt buttcoiner from last night with one insult - he calls you "Einstein" but never presents any argument or data to back up his claims.

We have enough useless shitposters on here, move along.

flippening.watch/

100% Jew, dumb fuck but arrogant, everyone else is stupid but me yet is asking all the questions, has no answers, pushing pilpul for the masses. How many shekels have you lost on BTC today Rabbi?

pfff it's a 2x away from that more like end of month

If jews are dumb, how come they control whites and blacks like puppets? Does that mean whites are even dumber? Then again, seeing whites on Veeky Forums pretty much confirms it.

You're right, I am asking questions. You're wrong, I'm pushing nothing. You're a shitposter defending another shitposter who shitposted useless information ( ), meanwhile someone who knew what they were talking about responded ( ) and affirmed my original questions.

What is your malfunction?

hungry (you) hound, back in your pol cage

I don't think you have a clue of how PoS works. Yeah, you need to have stakers verify transactions, but that requires orders of magnitude less processing power and can be done with your average phone or raspberry pi or whatever.

You literally just get ETH for having ETH, that's the whole fucking point.

when pos goes through, what can we expect ETH price to be?

Holy shit the JIDF is here ! I wonder what (((they))) could be up to?

Me
>"some resources have to be out there to support the network, even if the amount of power required is significantly reduced."

You
>"Yeah, you need to have stakers verify transactions, but that requires orders of magnitude less processing power"
>"don't think you have a clue of how PoS works"

Wat

Do you guys argue just for the sake of arguing? What a waste of everyone's time.

Well, do they control everything like superior races should or do they not?