New McAfee Interview

This is a good one.
Summary:
>don't worry about banks using Ripple to buy all the Bitcoin, they can't buy all of them and people will still have power over Bitcoin; there will always be some people trying to centralize part of a currency
>Bitcoin will be king for the long-term; the community is extremely divisive but if they can all agree on a change, the fixes that need to be done (e.g. transaction fees) can be fixed easily
>do NOT get into mining; it's not worth it for small miners
>80% of ICOs/coins are scams and shit; read whitepapers and find ones with good development teams and solid foundations with high potential (McAfee invests in ones that also provide some tangible benefit to the public)
>governments will never be able to successfully ban Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies; decentralized exchanges will make sure of it (centralized exchanges will also die unless they implement decentralized wallets); decentralized exchanges will also lead to the "per transaction" tax law in the US being impossible to trace and enforce
>middle men are the parasites of this world (he literally said this)
>coins that "empower" will ALWAYS stay, and coins that merely do some strange financial manipulations... I'm not financially sound enough to see the value of it

>advice to new investors: spend hours reading and studying cryptocurrencies (he literally said read up on reddit, Veeky Forums, and Google), and learn to read whitepapers and study them to identify which ones are pie-in-the-sky bullshit and which ones have promise

Also, his final remarks:
>this is NOT going to be smooth; from every government and bank in the world, you're going to get some flak, so you're going to have courage, if not for you, for your children
>but we will win this because we cannot lose; mathematics has proven that we cannot lose

Full interview:
youtube.com/watch?v=hSqeyKeQsjE

nice thread, bump

>Bitcoin will be king for the long-term

Lol no

I hate this fag but I have to say that I consent with his statements.

>don't get into mining; it's not worth it for small miners
This meme needs to end.
Mining is the surest investment in crypto. No one has ever posted a pink wojak over their mining rig.

Interesting. I hope his advice is right. Seems like common sense but when you see vapor ware shitcoins shoot up 10,000% overnight it makes you want to questions common sense.

Hopefully coins with solid teams and ideas behind them win out in the long run; that will be the saving grace of crypto because it will lead to actual real world use and industry growth.

>Bitcoin will be king for the long-term
>if they can all agree on a change

How much can one normal computer even mine a month? 10 satoshis?

>McAfee invests in ones that also provide some tangible benefit to the public
All coins McAfee is involved with are utter garbage. If I see a McAfee sticker on a coin I know not to invest in it ever, desu

You're a brainlet. Opportunity cost, nig. Eth difficulty rising. Global hashrates all rising

He also said Monero is better than Verge because the dev team is more focused.

"Ripple using banks to obtain Bitcoin"

Didn't take it serious after that. He sounds very, very uneducated.

>implying bitcoin core is the real bitcoin

>nice thread, bump
this guy is high as shit on coke

He didn't say it was happening. The interviewer asked him about it.

>He sounds very, very uneducated
pretty certain at this point that +50% of the posts on Veeky Forums are McShatonme's

>Buy my shit bags

Summarized that for you.

It's not a bad theory though, they're probably doing it even more so with ETH and BCH

>opportunity cost
I said it's the safest, not the best performing.

>etherium mining
>implying i mine that shit

>rising difficulty/hashrates
Just like, reinvest into your rig.

Guy is literally a Doctor in mathematics,that aside he is known hater of general population and will do anything to make people lose money and get himself rich.He did this with stocks and labor force in Belize too.Guys a complete jerk but if you play your cards right you might scratch a few bitcoins off his shills.

"What would the ultimate use of blockchain be? Wouldn't it be an instrument in which History cannot be re-written?"

HOLY FUCK GUYS MCAFEE IS HIGH AS A FUCKING KYTE IN THE MIDDLE OF A TROPICAL HURRICANE

Why does this remind me of the Charlie Sheen interview when he was banging 7 gram rocks?

>coins that "empower" will ALWAYS stay

What does this mean

me brainlet

It's like as soon as ether come on the scene, BTC said to itself "oops, you win"

How are we going to stop it overheating the world? By 2020 mining is meant to consume the same amount of energy as the whole US.

>BTC mining will consume as much as the whole US
>in 2015, this was 4144 TWh
>assuming 12 cents per kWh, this comes to $95mm every ten minutes (that is, every block)
>BTC will be worth, at minimum, $7.5mm in 2020
Nice just bought 100k