ETH is DEAD

What will replace ETH. ETH seems to be hitting it's limit. Gas prices are crazy and the tx as slowing down. What will replace it? What has smart contracts? High tx speeds? and PoW?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8FFly8VF950
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's a store of value. Who cares about cryptokitties except Justin Sun.

Neo.

I just sent 3 ETH for $1.50 in fees and it took 10 minutes, the fuck is OP on about

ETH is not store of value noob. It's distributed computing platform. Read the fucking wki and whitepaper. Sometimes I think biz is full of brainless kids.

I'am talking about distributed computing platform, dApps that make multiple small transactions. You also think 10 min is good? WTF

>casper

Neo

Cardano/Ada: it's the only formally verified and peer reviewed crypto. Once Bitcoin crashes Ada will go down to 0.2 USD, that's when you should buy as much as you can and wait 5 years to be a fucking billionaire.

This is long term by the way. Cardano is currently in beta stage, and I mean for real (check the roadmap).

Shoo shoo dirty jew

>price mooning like crazy
>it's dead!

No wonder people on Veeky Forums make no money

>Ethereum Legacy

>beta stage
oh is that what they call not having shit these days?

Ellaism actually

5 sec block times, no premine no ICO no greedy jews running the show

Unironically

Wake up, Neo

Direct ETH competitors

>NEO
>ICON
>EOS

Diversify your bonds, nigga.

Link

ARK

Link is built on top of ETH noob

None of Ethereum's competitors (among those that aren't still white papers) handle anywhere near as much volume so it's unfair to say that about Ethereum. Take it back.

LINK

irony

BCH will replace it. It's getting smart contracts and colored coins (erc20 tokens) soon. Because of the ever existing blocksize it wont run into the problems eth did with cryptokitties and everything else slowing it down

youtube.com/watch?v=8FFly8VF950

Listen, brainlet. Blockchains are going to be connected, and Bitcoin and Ether will remain in the center.

Linkies are stinky

So what's the point?
ETH can't solve your oracle problem

Ethereum will be replaced by Ethereum... 2.0

this

>formally verified
>peer reviewed
As opposed to all the ETH development, which no-one has seen?

BCH is fucking BTC repackage shit. No fucking thanks shill faggot.

OmiseGo will be the main platform for normies and companies on everyday transactions because its currency agnostic, truly centralized and processes over million tx per sec because of Plasma

XLM

Vitalik is actually kind of hot, look at that jawline

You have to go back.

No way

Newbie question: I saw somewhere that the blockchain for ETH is over 300 GB
Is that true? And do I have to download all that shit onto my drive to buy/sell ETH and its tokens?
btw not a fan of online wallets; I only deal with shit I can store on my personal devices

Anorexic Tom Brady with a bit of 'tism added in.

This

Ripplenet's future consumer-class tx platform. Look forward to Q3 2020.

yeah everyone who uses ETH has to download 300+gb worth of blockchain info
it's annoying but the bitcoin one is over 5 terabyte, so it's better to wait a couple of days downloading the ETH blockchain than waiting a few weeks to download the bitcoin one
it's one of the reasons why bitcoin is dying out

Use MyEtherWallet (MEW). You literally can't "store it on your own personal device" the tokens exist on the blockchain itself. Keeping your private key secure is all you need to do.

NEO can handle 10,000 transactions per second, it is the true king of crypto

>$1.50 in fees and it took 10 minutes
That is both expensive and slow for what ETH used to be.

Shill Ethereum Classic to me

It is big, maybe about that size by now. You don't need to download it all if you want to use it, the chain is interfaced with online. You can make a metamask for online connection, or a ledger nano or trezor for your personal wallet. neither require the blockchain. You only need the blockchain if you are running a node. few actually need to run a node.

10k/s ain't shit if your target is global adoption.

BCH is what BTC use to be. Bitcoin in its pure form makes alts unnecessary beyond experimentation.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Neblio (NEBL).

So where does that leave ETH?

LTC

Name a better platform and why.

Do you know how well Buterin, Woods, Poon etc. are connected? Which other platform is currency agnostic? Which comes even close to over a MILLION tx's per second?

Plus all these, existing companies can just use the SDK white label wallet to accept any currency or paymentmethod they want with out having to worry about which blockhain to use.

geth --light --cache 1024

Run that for six hours or so and you'll have the chain, prob around 30-50 GB

Wow so you are saying some other crypto that is actually being used now also has problems with scaling txs on chain?! Woah wouldn’t have thought... Let’s all get on the next shitcoin untill it gets to big

Why try to salvage an out of date pow project like ETH when there is Ark which will do 14k transactions and is infinitely scalable when V2 comes out in March?

I realize you're trying to be a smartass, but I can lookup where ETH is instantly by going to coinmarketcap.

The market decided that ETH is around 25 times more valuable than NEO. NEOmarines got some catching up to do

Currently EOS is on it's way to top10.

XLM
Strongest in Tech
Strongest in partnership
No waste of energy as no mining
Not centralized kike coin

Again Arks 14k transactions, NEOS 10k wont be enough.

OMG + Plasma = at least million transactions, potentially billions. And they are launcing with Plasma this year.

obsidian

You are obviously a brainlet trapped in a constant state of FUD fueled by your inability to see long-term trends. So just STFU and sit the fuck down

I don't think you understand the meaning of those terms.

The only problem with Cardano is that normies have no fucking idea how formal sciences work so they can't understand why Cardano is so special.

retarded? who gives a shit about the price, we are talking about the functionality. Try transferring eth or tokens right now and compare it to a month ago. this is bitcoin all over again

Casper and PoS. This isn't bitcoin that will let the network become unusable for no reason. They have the most devs in crypto eth isn't going anywhere.

Exactly why it's a fantastic investment. The tech is superior and it's 25 times cheaper.

after Trinity Protocol NEO will handle 1m per second

Ethereum Cash

TY my brother

At first Neo then ark

The answer is QTUM.

You do understand that every company has a fucking massive leap jumping into blockhaintech?

With omg they can just use the SDK wallet and thats it.

You clearly have not done your homework. ETH has SHITLOAD of potential scaling solutions. One of them is literally a Lightning Network clone for the ETH network even though LN is pretty useless and will be used only for obscure cases.

PoS, Virtual Machine swap, Truebit, Raiden, mofuckn Plasma, Sharding, increasing gas limits on blocks, parallel processing transactions,... most probably more that I didn't remember

eth with casper

ELLA - true community based fork of the ETH code with no pre-mine. The kind of non-exploitative truly decentralised platform that ETH should have been in the first place.

>So where does that leave ETH?
in the developmental stages of plasma

What the fuck you talking about? Bitcoin blockchain is about 130gb

Hashgraph can do 250.000 per sec. Just wait for the first ICO with this technology

Its also not a crypto currency, retard.

THIS
DESU

I remember when people were /pol/pogrom'd for shilling ETH

now it's the other way around

when will you kids learn

>bros the block size will grow forever without any problems I swear bros
>totally not going to run into bandwidth issues bros i swear, we tested it

is now the time to sell eth lads or will it keep going up

the bottleneck is bandwidth that is true

and do you know what that is going to do with mining? move it away from china

i made a nice 6x on ADA, sold right before it dropped under $1. put it all in BAT. i'm smart as fuck desu

Sure it will Jihan

are you retarded? i can literally get 1gbps up and down into my shitty little one room apartment and its the same for large parts of europe. china has absolutely shit internet

kill yourself blegacy cuckold

I agree ETH is fucked

This fellas is right.

tfw my eth withdraw from kucoin takes 29 hours already and nothing came yet

>The only problem with Cardano is that normies have no fucking idea how formal sciences work so they can't understand why Cardano is so special.

In real business a company generates revenue and then everyone knows they are successful.

>will it keep going up
It really doesn't matter what this was asked about or when. The fact is that EVERY SINGLE TIME this question has ever been asked in crypto the answer has proven to be "yes" in the long term.

The only time it won't be "yes" anymore is when crypto has replaced fiat entirely and the majority of people in the world hold at least some amount of it. We're nowhere fucking close to that yet.

TL;DR: Yes. Yes. YES.

>eth is ath
>eth is dead

nigger!

>decentralized economy
>entrepreneurs won't move their businesses when geographical location doesn't matter

>What will replace it?
BCH. This year BCH will be able to handle 50k transactions a second.
True.

Raiden Network can do 1 million transactions per second. Its price keeps going up as ether goes up

explain

The xlm token will not be used as a currency but as a utility. It's still a good investment though

observe these little shits try to fud ETH. Doesn’t it make you sick

Neo

Same shit as XRP, only a cunt hair better because of its distribution. No mining, so the network isn't secured by anything other than "trusted" validators. Which are picked, they don't provide proof to validate transactions like in crypto. People lie, math doesn't.