How many hours per day do you spend reading whitepapers and studying cryptocurrencies to find some good investments?

How many hours per day do you spend reading whitepapers and studying cryptocurrencies to find some good investments?

Less than 1. Most of my time is spent here on biz.

>studying cryptocurricies
ahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhaha

> Fire up Veeky Forums
> What is memeing well (note Pajeets, posting a hot woman and saying "buy this coin" is not memeing)
> Invest
> Hodl and make money

That's it.

Can you explain to me, a person entirely new to this, why it's a waste of time to read whitepapers? At the very least checking the whitepapers so far has saved me from investing in some scams\junk.

How do you filter the "hilarious trolling"\shilling\bullshit\scams\poor advice?

I get all my investment advice from /biz.
I don't know if there is a term for that but I basically check how the hype ebbs and flows here and on selected plebbit boards and then buy entirely based on that. Made 10% yesterday alone flowing the stuff back to ETH

biz is the only green paper i need

How does that even work when 90% is just shilling?

>
>
>Can you explain to me, a person entirely new to this, why it's a waste of time to read whitepapers? At the very least checking the whitepapers so far has saved me from investing in some scams\junk.

because its not a rational market. you can make money on scams and junk too. potentially more than on legit coins. legit coins spend more money on R&D than on marketing, ceteris paribus. scams do all marketing.

its more than that, you can go a level or two deeper into biz. there's some genuine advice here. but those most valuable threads go unnoticed or get saged intentionally.

Frequency of threads popping up, frequency of responses. Percentage of consensus in the threads, spread of responses. I use some image analytics as well (making your buy decisions based on pepe and blockfolios, what a time to be alive).

comes with experience. theres gold in that 10%

white papers are mostly a waste of time. you can spend a minute or two reading them to make sure it's not a actual scam etc. but any more time spent is a waste.

what matters is Veeky Forums. use the threads to see what is being discharged. this will give you an idea of what is currently hot or is going to be getting more attention in the near future. use that to give you a list of projects you can then do a brief analysis of. then pick the best ones and invest.

Veeky Forums is like 1000 people trying to guess the weight of a ox by looking at it. each individual person is likely to be very inaccurate. however, if you average all of their guesses together you will get extremely close to ox's actual weight. don't trust the individual, but do trust the group.

Oh for sure, its kind of a breadth first search vs depth first search, and what indicators you use. For depth first search you'd actually have to make up some factors that allow you to estimate quality of the team and interest in the community. For breadth first search - its all just ebb and flow of hype. If you detect it earlier and you're ahead of the pack, you'll make money.

>Veeky Forums is like 1000 people trying to guess the weight of a ox by looking at it. each individual person is likely to be very inaccurate. however, if you average all of their guesses together you will get extremely close to ox's actual weight. don't trust the individual, but do trust the group.

that may be true to an extent but to use that distributed intelligence (or lack there off) the coin needs to be already quite hyped. biz is also quite good in finding the next (next) big thing.

I usually shill my coins by typing DYOR even though I don't even know what they were created for.

>Veeky Forums is like 1000 people trying to guess the weight of a ox by looking at it. each individual person is likely to be very inaccurate. however, if you average all of their guesses together you will get extremely close to ox's actual weight. don't trust the individual, but do trust the group.

You said it better than I do - its called "wisdom of the crowd". The average is more accurate than individual responses by themselves. Very important indicator, decently weight.

None. I look at where the richest, most powerful people in the world are putting their money. XRP.

haha that's pretty good :)

>whitepapers
nope, I read Veeky Forums
is already being read and compiled with memes for my liking

Research means work and who likes work.