It’s cute how you guys think these decentralized cloud computing coins like PRL, Siacoin,Golem...

It’s cute how you guys think these decentralized cloud computing coins like PRL, Siacoin,Golem,Substratum are going to keep up with iExec when the founder literally wrote the book on desktop grid computing.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
crn.com.au/news/outage-downs-ovh-worlds-third-largest-hosting-firm-477290
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cool marketing bro

Shill me more op. Where can I buy this?

Accumulate.

Don't bother mate, Veeky Forums is /pnd/. Everyone's too busy chasing the next hyped coin to care about the good projects.

I literally jus PnD other coins to be able to buy more of this.

Last time I brought a coin here it was Raiblocks. Everyone was shilling for IOTA because it had better marketing.

The same shit is happening with iExex and all of these other cloud computing coins.

Some flashy coins who devote too much of their time to marketing popularize problems and use cases for their technology. Everyone flocks to it and looks past the coin that is further along and working.

Why would RLC be a threat to SIA??

My understanding is that RLC is about cloud computing and processing. Or stringing dozens or hundreds or thousands of computers together to process data as if it were a supercomputer.

Meanwhile SIA does the same but just for cloud storage. So Sia is storage and RLC is computing. Why are they in competition?

Circulating Supply
79,070,793 RLC
Total Supply
86,999,785 RLC

Not many coins left, is this a good thing or not at all ?

All of these decentralized cloud projects will have to perform LITERAL MIRACLES to ever make it work.
Its almost impossible technically.
But its definitely 100% impossible to beat the big boys like AWS in terms of pricing and latency/uptime.

Sorry boys some things just work better when centralized by a proper megacorp.

t. work for one of the biggest cloud hosters.

Good. Means less inflation

Explain more.

all it takes is one "Chinese Hack" of Amazon Web Services or the like in order for people to see the utility of decentralized cloud storage

I use Bittrex.

holding comfy

If you want to host a full VM akin to if you were to buy one on azure or AWS, you need to fully trust the host system. It will see all your data and be able to modify/steal it. There is no way to encrypt this.

A cloud box hosted in a proper DC organized by amazon/microsoft/digitalocean or whatever will ALWAYS be faster and more failure resistant than some asshats host system that is provided for coins.

You cant account for churn, random fags turning off their host system? OK somebodies VM just went down. Distribute the VM over several hosts to mitigate this? Possible for AWS but not for a decentralized solutions since its random asshats running the hosts for coins in places with 1 milisec+ latency between them (you need 0.000x to make it work. aka only possible in colocated DC)

Bad for coins that only have the peer to peer use case.

I have no idea why Colin circulated all of Raiblocks. The first coin that has proof of stake, and rewards masternodes will tank XRB

its being pumped, dont let op dump his bags on you

discord gg/tSWYF6V

(add the dot between discord and gg)

lol iexec shills REALLY?

fuck off already

sorry but companies will never host important servers on a decentralized solution even if they were to figure it out. Who will sign the SLA and 99.99% uptime guarantee for random anons hosting host systems lol.
Who will guarantee my VM on substratum gets X upspeed. etcetctetc

Protip: ride the wave on these and sell before any products are released

RLC is developing a rating system that affects coins rewarded. If a node flakes it ruins their reputation.

Are you retarded? Who will host a database with say customer information on a host that may "flake" fucking LMAO

>oh shit the host stole all my user data
>but no biggie imma give that guy a downvote!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This was barely affected by the South Korea news. If it was a PnD this would have tanked.

SIA was a huge let down, so I'd be willing to try this out if it actually works

They will once they realize how much money they can save. SIA guarantees high redundancy and comparably uptime rates. Combine that with a solution that it is 10 times less expensive than traditional cloud storage and you've got a serious winner.

Again, the real benefit in decentralized cloud storage is security. If you are a company or government agency that has valuable info, using something like SIA would be much safer than using Amazon or Microsoft to hold your data. In cyberwarfare other gov'ts are trying to hack those large providers. If you have your data in SIA it cannot be hacked unless someone knows your key. Decentralized cloud storage will become safer than any other manner of data storage except for offline in file cabinets. And even then, it might even be more secure than that depending on how well you encrypt your key

keep in mind the SIA UI is being revamped. That's why SIA hasn't even done any marketing yet, they are waiting until their product is a bit more streamlined

Does anybody have any arguments against this guy? He's introduced fear, uncertainty and doubt in me. I'm thinking of selling this shitcoin

yes here: then again I'm mostly talking about SIA specifically. I don't understand RLC as much, but I think there's a future in decentralized computing solutions. Tbh one of the few real world applications of blockchain technology that could really change the game. People spreading FUD about this remind me of people who 10-15 years ago scoffed at the idea of storing your data on the cloud. This is just the early stages of the next evolution in cloud computing

>There is no way to encrypt this
ENG

Remind me which nodes of a Dao are supposed to open an aws account with their credit cards? Lol

>RLC
iExec RLC (RLC)
$2.19 USD (-1.17%)

WHERE"S THE MOON??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAH

BLEEDING BAG HOLDERS BTFO

will pick it up under $1.00 tyvm

The UI is not the issue with SIA...

They aren't, unless iExec decides to do storage but it's doubtful they will do it before years.

i'm hodling PRL. they're launching a testnet for the decentralized storage in januari, after that comes the ad/PRL mining part. I'm still skeptical, but the devs are pretty transparant and they seem to work hard. If it fails I can still sell at 20x

Storage is very possible to decentralize, thats way different from cloud hosting VMs.
Decentralized encrypted storage was solved like 15+ years ago by LAFS

Sia is not even for cloud computing, you dumbass.

BRAINLET. Decentralizing storage is different from hosting VMs. Substratum etc are not about storage

Sorry there is no way to encrypt an entire OS of a VM and still be able to execute is without the host having access to everything on it

You didn't answer my question.

thank you, I really don't see how SIA and RLC are in competition. In my mind they seem complimentary, and I could see both of them winning out and holding strong after the bloodbath is over

If it's so great why don't you go ahead and run a calculation on it right now. Any calculation, doesn't have to be fancy. Go ahead, I'll wait.

You want a system to be valued billions NOW? You need actual businesses to use it. DAO is a hypothetical concept cryptonerds like to dream about.

And if DAOs end up being a common form of incorporation they too will choose the most reliable hosting.

Oracle, pls go.

You Pajeets are truly Pajeets if you think iexec won't be adopted. Heaps of dapps running on Eth will need the cloud computing power offered by iexec. Look at REQ for example who is already partnered up because they require significant processing power for auditing.

You don't understand how it works, iExec is meant to be a marketplace where you can pick from different providers.
In short my local cloud company in Belgium can have the same client pool as Amazon with iExec.

>DC organized by amazon/microsoft/digitalocean or whatever will ALWAYS be faster and more failure resistant than some asshats host system that is provided for coins.

crn.com.au/news/outage-downs-ovh-worlds-third-largest-hosting-firm-477290
Top kek, that's just not true, cloud centralization is a huge point of failure and preoccupation today, especially when we are entering the age of IoT and smart cities, the cloud will become as important as water or telephone line in the two coming decades.

There is a staking system, if the host fucks shit up or does fake computation he will lose his stake (the bigger the stake is the more money you receive for your result the pool and the more your result weight in the vote).

Also iExec targets deterministic computations first, things like full VM and other web services are not for tomorrow, the goal is to process vast amount of static datas, things like encoding videos, doing financial audit, running simulations, machine learning, etc... The rest will follow.

there is a way. im not sure how its called, but iex.ec posted whole article on it. Basicly it works on new intel chips on acrhitectal level, where it is impossible to look into data. unless ofc where is cia and fbi backdoors as in recent meltdown and specter hacks

>Also iExec targets deterministic computations first, things like full VM and other web services are not for tomorrow, the goal is to process vast amount of static datas, things like encoding videos, doing financial audit, running simulations, machine learning, etc... The rest will follow.

This guy gets it. See you on the moon brotherchad.

smart cities for refugees?

DIdnt know they wont go full VM . Only read the papers of other cloud computing ICOs such as substratum (which promises full php/mysql stack etc)

then what do you think is the issue? You can already store files on their system and use it as intended. Wallet issues are now fixed. I don't get what the problem is

The problem is we're not on the moon yet ;)

You could literally pick this up on Bittrex for 47 cents during the last major "crash" and it was still trading at under a dollar just a couple of months ago. Its growth has been organic but has accelerated recently with a wave of institutional stealth buys and guess what? These people AREN'T SELLING, which has been proven by the last half dozen periodic Asia fake-FUD "crashes." I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you trade at 1 minute candles in a desperate attempt to add a few satoshis at a time to your pathetic stack. Some free advice: zoom out and learn how to read before you start "trading" again

iExec has a tether like behavior, it doesn't grow fast but once it reached a stage in dollar it doesn't leave it.

WHERE THE FUCK CAN I BUY THIS

They blew it with ASICs

in what way? what's wrong with using ASICs to mine?