For the Canadians- what do you use to deposit fiat and buy crypto?

In a fast, low fee fashion

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OzEExAcDgPg&t=310s
twitter.com/kfc_canada/status/951550065411313664
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Quickbt uses interac and is pretty fast, but it's not an exchange. You need a bitcoin address already.

QuadrigaCX

Quadrigacx, instant interac deposits 5 dollar minimum fee.

Are there any banks left in Canada that use debit cards that aren’t co-branded with a credit card? Quad doesn’t allow interac with co-branding, which blows.

my RBC debit card works fine

Kraken

Does anyone else use TD? Do they freeze your account if they find you're buying crypto from exchanges like QuadrigaCX?

I use my Scotiabank debit card

this

Quadriga for most purchases, and slowly build Coinbase CC limit up to $1000/week for instabuy dips (works best with cashback cards to negate the 3.99% fee).

Quadriga but they have less volume so u end up paying more for btc, ltc, eth. But if any of them start tanking u could get more for ur crypto on quadriga so it evens out i guess.

BMO works

How many crypto are on quadriga???

FUCK THEM ITS TAKING FOR EVER TO BE VERIFIED. 1-3 BUSINESS DAYS MY FUCKING DICK

How long is sign up

It's the one I use too, but it's useful to note that their prices are often out of sync with the general market, there is little liquidity and there are bots that keep fighting in the order books. It's still the less bad one we have afaik.

What do you need to be verified???

sign up to KuCoin and get passive income through referrals, use my code to start: 1gMaf

gemini

You look in a hurry. First, calm down and make sure you know what you're getting into, or else you're going to make something stupid. You're not missing out on anything. Second, if you just go to the site, you'll see what they offer. Mainly BTC, BCH, ETH and LTC.

Try taking 5 minutes and signing up

Coinsquare

Can you use that in canada what do you need to sign up how do you cash in and out???

do you have the VISA logo on it? mne used to work but they changed something now it doesn't.

Don't count on cashing out with your approach.

I just walk across the street and use one of several crypto ATM's in my neighbourhood...I live in Vancouver BTW

oh then I use use binance to trade for altcoins

virwox.pw
takes Pay Pal
watch youtube video how to use it

Do they have English underneath the Chinese in Hongcover now?

Qudariger but prices are higher and takes a hefty comission... Coinase but you need to get approved and wait a month for higher buying limits

also in vancouver, where and how are the fees?

i use plebsquare. It is pretty decent to be honest

Where abouts? Had one in. Kitsilano but the shop shut down

This is the answer. Most stable and has been able to handle my buy / sells adequately. It's a great safe haven compared to the other retarded exchanges like Coinbase, Binance, Bittrex, etc.

Coinsquare.

Does cashing out with Quadriga even work? Asking in case I make it one day

I think ScotiaBank ended the interac online program

this. pretty good so far

7Ncgh1
Use my referral code on Kucoin easy way for us canadians to amass some easy money

I use Coinsquare.io
theyve been holding my money for 5 days but they seem legit

CoinSquare was good for me. Could interac from my BMO

Coinsquare, mail them a money or or bank draft for

how long was verification

About a 1-2 business days. Then 3-4 business days to transfer money over. I think there was a 2.5% fee on whatever you put in.

This. I use their interac thing as I don't have vast sums of money involved in crypto. Fees aren't bad in comparison to the other exchanges. I can also confirm Quadriga does, in my personal experience, process withdrawal/deposit transactions within the time period they claim for whatever type of transaction you choose. Last bank transfer actually came through earlier than expect.

Dont remeber, not long maybe next day, only canadians can register

Yes.

gonna do it. sick of cuckdriga

Money order or bank draft is 0.25% fee, worth the wait time

Yeah probably a better idea if you're putting a lot in

For any future coinsquare.io users.

This referral code gets you $20 on your first deposit of $60cad or more

Code: 4FE55D771

altho u cant buy moneyorder with ur cc

I bought a $100 flexepin card from canadian tire gasbar fuckin 15% tax then 2.5% fee to deposit in coinsquare, never again

quadriga is the shit. good customer service, timely withdrawals/deposits.

yes it works

them using XɃT instead of BTC is triggering me

I live in canada

If I had 1 million in crypto and tried to cash it out how much would I pay in taxes? Is it as bad as in the states?

$208k from what I understand.

y tho

Coinsquare because they verified me instantly and didn't require pictures of my dick. They dont let you take your funds off the exchange for around a week though

Took me 15 days over the December holidays

- Capital gains tax applies on 50% of the profits (let's say you made 1M profit to keep it simple)
- Income tax is about 40% in this bracket
- So you pay 0.4 * 0.5 * 1M = $200k

A tax calculator will confirm.

Fuck that, seriously?

RBC client cards dont include mastercard/visa debit unless you specifically ask for it.

Learn how to use Google you mong.
youtube.com/watch?v=OzEExAcDgPg&t=310s

Gotta pay for refugees housing :^)

QuadrigaCX is fantastic. I've withdrawn 500,000 CAD from QuadrigaCX to RBC without any issues.

Its half your capital gains taxed at your tax bracket. So for one mil you only pay tax for 500 thou

I used Kraken back in the day because they used to allow deposits via e-transfer. I don't believe this method works anymore but I have my bank info linked and verified on Kraken so I still use it to withdraw. I'm playing with the house's money now so there's no need for me to ever deposit more.

quadrigacx; once you get an account they're all you need

Yes but it depends on whether it's classified as capital gains, or income. I believe capital gains is just taxed 50% at your existing marginal rate, whereas income would mean you're subject to pay all the way up the progressive tax brackets

Can also vouch for QuadrigaCX. I just wish my fucking bank account could use interac online so I can fund my account instantly. It fucking sucks having to wait like 5 days to fund with fiat. And for whatever reason interac e-transfer is down for them.

Apparently they have a cash withdraw option too, does that work?

You pay capital gains tax on HALF of your profit.

1 mil / 2 = 500,000

From that, then you pay more or less by your income tax bracket

So you end up paying ~20-25% of the total profit.

This is right, depends on the province though

They mail it to you. Or you can go to the office if you live in Vancouver and they might be able to help you.

Use my coinsquare.io referral and do a minimum deposit of 100$ and ill send 0.025 ETH to ur wallet

5FCD6E37C
Referral Code

I'll only be giving out till this thread dies

pretty much this;

but to be real 25% tax on a million in capital gains isn't that terrible; better than if its made in income here in leaf land; if you're drawing a paycheck over 200k a year you're paying a hard 50% in most provinces

they will courier you lots of cash yes, have tried it, it works; but I guarantee you they are still telling the CRA, and its just much easier to get their bank transfers

Forget about putting money in. You Canadians now have the perfect way to take money out.
twitter.com/kfc_canada/status/951550065411313664
How can they tax you on a bucket of chicken?

We have better capital gains taxes on the states. Our laws are much less complicated. Americans get penalized on *every* trade, and have additional penalties if they were holding for under a year. And a bunch of other shit.

Also, that money goes to better things... I'm paying 140,000 in capital gains this year thanks to Ethereum. I don't really feel upset, because ultimately that's going into healthcare for somebody or paying some blue collar guy to build a new road.

Only if you lose money user. They'll suck your dick once they see a 6 figure transfer coming from an exchange.

from my understanding if you have a scotiaone chequing account you can use interac online, if you have another like the momentum account you're stuck with visa debit

I'm too lazy to walk into my branch and ask, fucking banks man

coinsquare has instant verification now

Yeah it's not bad considering other countries too. But damn $200k... :'(

I sent a bunch of money from TD to coinsquare, then sent a bunch of money back to TD (2x my initial investment) no problems

can confirm; TD will suck dick for 6 figures

Leaf banks are some of the biggest whores out there

yeah but if you're paying 200k you're walking away with $750K+; don't be greedy user, at least here its not all wasted on military spending and corruption

I work at TD. All of our clients are poor retards, no offence. If I saw a guy with a 6 figure savings account I would definitely suck his dick just for the novelty

>but I guarantee you they are still telling the CRA
Fuck.

>All of our clients are poor retards
just so you know its not just TD customers. Its leafs in general; most average leafs are in debt up to their eyeballs, especially the ones still dumb enough to walk into a commercial bank.

The few of us up here who have made it are smart enough to manage our money online and stop by an ATM from time to time if we're in need of some monopoly money.

Since we're shilling in here, coinsquare is a great place to start learning daytrading with small amounts (

there should be no tax on flexpin! go back and get your tax back! there's a fee for it though and that's $15/$500 pin and that goes straight to flexpin. it wasn't tax.