What the fuck Veeky Forums, am I really supposed to trust this piece of shit with my $20,000?

What the fuck Veeky Forums, am I really supposed to trust this piece of shit with my $20,000?

I must not have read enough about this thing before I bought it because for some reason I thought it was supposed to be a solid go-to hardware wallet, and a good way to keep my imaginary money safe. The software is a collection of bullshit Chrome applications and the device itself is useless without being plugged into a computer with the software installed.

Am I likely to fuck myself by loading my crypto on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@Zero404Cool/trezor-security-glitches-reveal-your-private-keys-761eeab03ff8
blog.trezor.io/addressing-concerns-about-trezor-firmware-1-5-2-4c1f766034c7?gi=ccf23aaeb46a
ledger.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005304449-Which-altcoins-and-tokens-are-supported-by-the-Ledger-products-
twitter.com/AnonBabble

More secure in coinbase with 2FA imo.

Should have put it in before the dip. I'm nice and comfy at last weeks prices.

NAH bro I have like 60k connected to MEW with it, its good just dont have ur private key somewhere retarded

You don't "load crypto" onto anything you fucking normie get the fuck out. Don't invest in shit you don't understand.

nigga are you retarded?

Binance + 2fa masterrace

nice job man, congrats

Yeah I fell for the Ledger meme too but now I have it so fuck it whatever. Oh guess what you can only keep 3-5 wallets on it at a time and have to delete/add ones as you need them. Kek.

You guys are brilliant.

why, in your opinion, is putting shit into the vault on coinbase a bad idea?

especially for somebody who has a nomadic lifestyle?

>being this fucking new

You fucking summerfags have no clue do you? Only leave on the exchanges what you're ok with losing. DYOR

An individual is more fallible than an organization.

Isn't 2FA the new ripple?

because they are basically IOUs. At least when you move them out of coinbase you're forcing them to actually give it to you. I rather store it on a ledger or a desktop wallet then have it sitting on coinbase. I dont trust coinbase like that bro.

If you manage to get anything stolen from your Ledger then you are retarded

Where can I buy 100k 2FA?

Locked in at 17k

/comfy/

Yea but you can't lock in your prices on coinbase. You're literally completely subject to the whim of the market, which is 24/7. I don't know how you guys could sleep knowing your coins could plummet at any time.

Would you rather put your money in a box under your bed or in the bank, you fucking neanderthal?

man I locked in my btc at $2 on my ledger when btc was brand new. im mad af now.

CRYPTOCURRENCY

Do you even understand the first thing about ENCRYPTION. FFS this place is becoming hopeless. At least we had more intelligent posters when crypto talk was on /g/

>locking in prices

Is this a new meme?

Send me key and I'll tell you if good one

i rather have them stored in a real wallet and save the keys you nigger.

Because they have custodial custody of your coins and for w/e reason something were to happen you have no access to your coins.

guys i have 3 wallet questions and am trying to be respectful and not start my own ttddtot thread... please help

1 - can metamask be used as a 100% standalone eth wallet? (all the info i see has it being used with MEW....)

2 - metamask and independent reserve don't accept eth transfers via smart contract. How can I tell that sending tokens to MM or IR isn't being done via smart contract?

3 - i want to trade a few hundred bucks on KuCoin but their withdrawal fees are too high. Am i being seriously retarded leaving tokens on this exchange?

thanks very much Veeky Forums

Mt Gox.

Writing your key down on a piece of paper and putting it in a wallet is the exact same thing you fucking retard.

I understand. If I wasn't an expat on the move constantly I would probably use a hardware wallet and keep it in a safe deposit box for my hodls.

Right now I don't really have any options other than MEW or normiebase.

I don't care about your science or your "crypto" you little faggot. I'm here to make money and get out, which I have been doing successfully for several months already.

Guess why crypto moved to Veeky Forums, from /g/?

Hint: it's not because we give a shit about the fundamental technology

>neanderthal
subtle bait, have a (you)

newfag detected
>doesntlockindailygains

yes and I love it

To add to this, an example of "w/e reason" could be government banning of crypto, you getting accused of a crime and having your assets frozen, coinbase getting hacked, or coinbase just randomly locking you out (intentional or otherwise)

You guys are just fucking around when youre talking about “locking in prices” on cold storage right? I saw that on the last thread and laughed but now I’m concerned. Why the fuck would I want to lock the price in if it’s goig to go up?

you can move a hardware wallet with you though. you could run the risk of losing it though but you need a pin to use it and you can always back up your keys to paper. but do you man. I think leaving a large sum of crypto on an exchange is a bad idea though.

You are either an absolute retard or trolling. With all the reddit faggots around here its hard to tell. Either way, KYS sweetie

take your faggot "hodls" back to hugbox leddit cocksucker. I fucking hope you lose every fucking think you have you piece of shit. Die faggot

You have to upgrade the blockchain in order to reset the locked in price. You can get the upgrade on CD-ROM or Microsoft.

Crypto didn't move from /g/ to Veeky Forums, they created Veeky Forums in order to contain people shilling doge coin contently on /g/.

>Why the fuck would I want to lock the price in if it’s goig to go up?

you lock in the price when it's going down, and unlock when it's going up. what kind of stupid question is that?

>huge period of volatility
>prices eating shit
>"coinbase is down for maintenance"
>"oops this page could not be found"

Yeah, that's where I want all my holdings.

I locked my bitcoin to $100K. Gonna buy a house soon.

there could one day be a heist where thieves make out with billions of crypto assets because they stuffed a duffel bag full of usb sticks from an exchange's cold storage

>he doesn't know

you lock in your price when the market is about to crash, so you dont suffer a loss

get smart or get poor

I've already cashed out 100k, and I never touched one of your faggy wallets, get fucked punk

I'll take Mt. Gox for 200, Alex.

why wouldn't you buy an old thinkpad, encrypt the drive, put your stupid files there and have it under your bed?

no it isnt you fucking normie

Fucking normie scum in this thread doesn't remember mtgox

well buddy I punt around 3rd world shitholes and my stuff is liable to get stolen unless I have it stuffed up my ass, though now that I think about it I could probably make a small metal canister and store a paper wallet inside of it, and literally hide it up my butthole if I need to

:thinking:

Think of it this way: if coinbase goes down your fuckcoins are worthless.

lel nice

They're retarded anyway, the list of coins they hold is pathetic

what I did was I got a cheap tablet and only ever used it to install and run wallets. It's not a million percent safe but it's certainly better than keeping them on my day to day computer, or using a gadget that's more expensive and doesn't hold some of my coins

Your coins are literally as safe as possible as long as you have that on your person, since every transaction you NEED to validate it using the device. In case you lose the device, just write down your 24 word seed and keep it on paper some place you know is secure in case of an emergency.

Not sure how it's possible to do better. Even if your shit gets hacked, they can't get shit since they don't have the keys on your Ledger.

>Keeping your coins on Jewbase
So how much lube are you stocking up on when the IRS decides to just fuck all crypto traders as much as possible, with that exchange being their first target?

No dude, you send it to cold storage right before the dip to lock it in. Then during the dip you send back to exchanges to buy the dip and hodl. Just be ready to send your coins to cold storage and really lock it in before any dip.

Because the price can go down retard

Seeing the price of btc @ $19k just made me rage even more. I want to find Karples, cut his fucking balls off and shove them down his fucking throat.

dude a trezor is only lke $80

what's all this stuff about them being useless? if anyone ever installed a keylogger on your laptop or whatever the fuck you use, you're fucked. that's why i got one.

The ledger is linked to the organisation.
The only thing the user has to do is remember his words and he can reset a new device with his account.
To check you reset your device with your pass words.

Fuck all you faggots

I bought a separate laptop and run Linux as cold storage. Only use Ethernet when I need to make a transaction. and I don't fucking use that shit for anything else.

I would like to know what people recommend. I still have mine on the exhange. Can't really decide what or where i want to store them.

>not buying an extra Macbook Pro detected only to cold-storage crypto wallets

What are you, poor?

There is also an option to lock the entire blockchain. You do that by pressing a secret sequence of keys. Be warned though if you lock the entire blockchain, they have to call someone up at the Worldwide Internet Blockchain Consortium in Switzerland to unlock it and it usually takes an hour. That's why sometimes you see exchanges running very slow; Someone locked out the blockchain again. One time they had to restore the blockchain from a factory CD-ROM too.

if any of you niggers aren't trolling and you actually leave your CRYPTO in the hands of other people on exchanges then you deserve to have it stolen, either by the exchange devs or hackers or gov't agencies

gtfo of CRYPTO if you don't understand that

No only new fags use this shit

Going to be rad when the tablets lithium battery fails and it torches it.

Yeah fuck that try to withdraw over 10k and they delay it for 5 days

dedicated*

eh I have all the seeds written down I'm good

For 2 years max before the next bubble

t. Held over Gox era.

where can I buy 2FA? dont see it on biance

trezor can be hacked but only if they have it.

medium.com/@Zero404Cool/trezor-security-glitches-reveal-your-private-keys-761eeab03ff8

>>ledger master race reporting in

I think its on EtherDelta.

Nice just bought 100k 2FA

did y'all hear about spectre? even if it doesn't come to fruition as far as exploits go, it shook me up about the possibilities of ever entering my private key into any operating system.

i had my key in a veracrypt volume on an encrypted usb. but i was still copy/pasting my private key when the time came.

maybe just me, but i finally broke down and bought a trezor after the spectre/meltdown thing.

Incorrect. You load 5 wallets. Transfer across, delete then add 5 more wallets and repeat. Fuck you guys are absolutly discracefully retarded. Back to plebbit brainlets

ok I will stop memeing for a minute

for someone with little physical security and no static location, what would you recommend?

MEW? my eth stack is getting pretty fucking fat, and you faggots are making me nervous

Paper wallet generated offline, I don't trust anyone or company.

are these little hardware wallets capable of storing any crypto coin or only companionable with the big ones?

Can someone explain to me how secure MEW is?

I always read this tired debate about hardware wallets vs leaving coins on an exchange.

How secure is MEW if it requires a JSON file downloaded to your computer + password? I don't trust myself enough with that nano ledger bullshit but I have MEW figured out pretty well now. I use a chromebook, so I am probably much less susceptible to malware and what not, no?

paper wallet or ledger.
thats it.

jesus fuck! Why are you fucking dipshits spending money on this garbage? Fucking kidding me right now amirite?

mew is just a tx signer, you dont fucking store coins on mew you newfag. you can use mew on ledger if you wanted

Did it “lock in” the value of your bitcoin like mine did?

>tfw Trezor locked in value at 15c

What? The keys are isolated on a vm inside the ledger. You could literally plug this fucker into a computer loaded with viruses and send a transaction without sweating it.

I guess having to use Chrome blows but it's the safest way to keep your crypto if you have a lot of altcoins.
but you keep your keys even if you delete the application on the wallet so it literally doesn't matter. just a bit inconvenient.

i googled it and they said they fixed it:

blog.trezor.io/addressing-concerns-about-trezor-firmware-1-5-2-4c1f766034c7?gi=ccf23aaeb46a

If this isn’t bait literally kys and never invest in crypto you incredibly retarded faggot

holy fuck please PLEASE NEVER keep your crypto on some pajeet's server like coinbase or binance. EXCHANGES ARE NOT SAFE FOR COLD STORAGE.

2FA doesn't save you from some disgruntled employee from taking your keys and booking it to the Bahamas.

Your "IMO" opinion doesn't matter here. Someone else has your keys. Period.

guys stop spreading this meme i think its actually tricking some poor lads into not keeping their coins safe

my nano does lock in the value my bitcoin are frozen at 19k

ok fine. But how secure is the JSON storage?

It’s not a meme faggot what are you talking about

I actually still have mine on the exhange. just don't know what the best option is. Paper or a ledger?

Lol fucking idiot, ive had over 50 btc in binance since aug.

everyone should lock in their coins before a crash. are you trying to make people lose their money?

STFU tryhard. I locked in the price of my 2FA this afternoon on my wallet. Lamboland here I come

ledger.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005304449-Which-altcoins-and-tokens-are-supported-by-the-Ledger-products-

>tfw wrote a script to auto lock my keys when bitcoin hit 20k