Well Veeky Forums, is he right?

well Veeky Forums, is he right?

Other urls found in this thread:

coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/volume/24-hour/
99bitcoins.com/bitcoinobituaries/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Either BTC goes back up or John McAfee eats his own dick. Either way, win win.

He sounds like a real faggot to me.

>Most infrastructure is built around BTC

Are coretards living in a hermetically sealed bubble? Companies are dropping bitcoin like a bad habit and rapidly switching to alts. I hope this was posted months ago because bitcoin's fees are catching up to it

No. Once ETH flips BTC the game changes.

yeah dude. hide your gains in btc and eth. bust mostly xmr ;)

I will love to buy your bags if we hit a higher high on the D wave.

A few months ago maybe. Dude lost the plot a long time ago, though

>built around BTC
Objectively false, most are built around ethereum now. Ethereum also has an actual use.

ETH effectively flipped BTC in the last week of November 2017, not in terms of market cap but in terms of relative value. From a market cap standpoint it will happen this year, probably a lot sooner than people think

cryptokitties is not a use case

If it were 2014. But its 2017 and coins such as ethereum, monero and omisego exist. But I still believe BTC should be anyones biggest holding if they want a stable portfolio.

And by largest holding I mean 1% larger than your second largest holding.

just take a good long look at coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/volume/24-hour/

Notice how many exchanges do more volume in ETH and XRP? BTC is myspace and ETH is facebook. Everyone in the crypto game figured that out last year and normies will slowly figure it out this year

>huur ripple is seeing more volume because its in the middle of a pump

I didn't say that it was niggerfaggot.

well whats your "actual use case" for ETH then you DOUBLENIGGER

inb4 etherdelta / shitcoin proliferation

Yes he is right. Always hold at least 30% BTC anons otherwise when an Altocaust comes you will be crying and will FUD-sell.

BTC is the only upcoming coin that is likely to be listed on traditional stock exchanges as a commodity tracking ETF, meaning boomers can buy BTC in their 401ks and IRAs and their gains won't even be taxed. This is when the real bull run comes and when alts will immediately plummet as people try to hop onto the incoming BTC gains

Don't underestimate how important this will be. We will see 5-10x in the span of a few weeks and if you're not holding BTC you will be read that month, for sure. You don't just miss out on BTC gains, you will have fiat-valuation losses. Watch out anons and hold BTC for this reason alone if no others.

ok ignore ripple then. do you trade with BTC?
you're an idiot if you do. the tx fees and confirmation times are insane compared to ETH

or do you just buy and hold it in coinbase like a normie and stupidly assume that if everyone buys and holds forever it's useful or worth something?

Do you not know what ethereum is?
>inb4 two of the biggest usecases haha that means they don't count
ah you're just being a shitposting faggot

gee thanks ethereum now I can buy even more vaporware!

what a positive impact on the world we are making eh vitalik?

idk I think bitcoin will hold value if only because it's the normie coin

>tfw people like tripled their money in Korea overnight due to FUD

This is the future.

1) ETH will flip BTC and become the #1 coin by market cap. This will probably happen because of a successful staking release and Wall St rushing to buy the only major “dividend paying” coin, since they missed the BTC boat. Veeky Forums weeps and Wojaks.
2) BTC will not die quietly. It attempts an emergency blocksize hardfork to salvage the coin’s usability once its price gets blasted by the ETH flippening and the selloff chokes up the mempool. This kingmakes BCH, as significant ASIC mining hashpower flips to BCH the week shit really starts hitting the fan. Whether the Bitcoin community continues to tear itself apart or unites under the mantle of either BTC or BCH remains to be seen - but I think BCH has the stronger position here, and the Bitcoin community is too divided to ever really heal. Like an angry prince seeking his father’s throne, BCH shoots to #2 market cap. BTC declines but remains in the top 10 because hope for LN springs eternal. Veeky Forums weeps and Wojaks.
3) ETH vs Bitcoin is all over the news. ETH is heralded as “digital oil” and the idea of smart contracts reaches the normie masses. The media narrative becomes “smart contracts” versus “upgraded Bitcoin,” and every goddamn person has an opinion. It’s intolerable, like SNES vs Genesis shit. Veeky Forums weeps and Wojaks.
4) ETH breaks out again and gains its biggest lead in marketcap ever. So begins the Pax Etheriana, a relatively stable period that historians will refer to as the “second generation” of cryptocurrencies. BCH remains a steady number two, and various dark horse coins enter the top 10. ETH’s tokens flourish and are seen as incredibly important to its success and network effect. Normies actually use a dApp that becomes a cultural fad. Veeky Forums weeps and Wojaks.
5) The masses wake up to the fact that most utility tokens don’t have value. A horrific altocaust halves the total crypto market cap. A dark horse coin rises... while Veeky Forums weeps and Wojaks.

oh and dont forget BTC is backed by mastercard, the federal reserve, and the king jew

crypto dinosaur

If you think BCH is anything but a shitcoin you don't understand anything about distributed systems, network protocols, algorithmic complexity theory, or how to scale. You don't know shit kid. Prove me wrong, I know you can't. Explain why BCH isn't shit.

It works.

He is being painfully accurate.

Will it work in the future? Does this scaling strategy work? Explain:
>Hurr let's just increase bandwidth requirements by 8x
>Hurr let's just increase the blockchain's size by 8x
>Hurr this will give us 8x gains in transaction speed!
>Look, it's fast, it works, it doesn't matter that nobody's using it and this is why it seems to work so good!

KYScoin, buy it.

neither do you LOL
#5 is going to happen this year. that's what upsets your prediction.

The second generation will be short lived. Get in on the 3rd generation now if you want to be /comfy/ for life

>Everybody buys and holds forever
>Value is zero
Quite the opposite.

I'd go 70/30 BTC to eth

5) will happen this year, as BTC climbs to 50k during July.

You'll be flipped by NEO before that happens faggot.

Your last point is logically valid, but also applies in the reverse. BTC will be saved by BCH. After users switch, they’ll reduce the BTC traffic to a point where 3 txns/sec is adequate throughput for the ghost town of people still using the coin.

>8x bandwidth, 8x blockchain
Increasing bandwidth and storage costs is totally irrelevant. Economically, miners are the only nodes that matter to the Bitcoin network. They can pay for higher throughput relays between each other, and more data storage.
>But muh decentralization! Muh Raspberry Pi Node!
Non-mining nodes have minimal economic value to the network. All they do now is relay transactions among each other in a beautiful little display of virtue signaling that miners mostly ignore because they have their own pool-to-pool relay networks. As long as a user-submitted transaction gets to a big pool, it gets to all of the ones that matter. The only importance of non-mining nodes right now is their ability to ferry transactions to a miner initially. They play no appreciable role in broadcasting mined blocks or validating the chain other than acting as a distributed filestore of past blockchain states.

The only reason I think 5) will happen later is that Ethereum hasn’t yet had the public scrutiny that the #1 market cap spot bestows upon its chosen coin.

Like it or not, newbies to the crypto space will keep chasing shitcoin moon missions for a LOT longer before this thing runs out of steam. People will make shitloads more off of terrible ICOs until the general public realizes how retarded the concept is. That will take a while.

I weep and wojack :-)

You are simply incorrect user, they act as the public interface to users as a defense against double spending attacks. That is why it's advised for users to actually run *their own* full node *as their wallet* so they gain these benefits. Closely connected users gain the benefits of the full node they are attached to, and thus decentralization is important or else centralization based double spending attacks could occur.

If you want centralized payment networks go use a credit card. I want satellite capable full nodes that you can broadcast transactions so in space. When I get my own house (apartment right now so I can't do it) I will be setting up my own satellite communication hub and full node. You are simply incorrect to call them unimportant.

Seems like you're worrying about the paint job on the titanic, boyo. It won't matter how many nodes exist when the coin is unusable

bro you got an email?

>5) The masses wake up to the fact that most utility tokens don’t have value. A horrific altocaust halves the total crypto market cap. A dark horse coin rises... while Veeky Forums weeps and Wojaks.

this except the altocaust will happen sooner

The coin is not unusable you moron. You can go use it right now.

And the corecuck can no longer keep up the facade and goes full retard.

>I think we should increase the maximum IP packet size and just do that to scale the internet. Stupid TCP/UDP cucks going full retard

Haha oh wait BCash shill. You didn't even know what the post meant because you're a retard who doesn't even understand how these technologies work. Go suck Roger Ver's cock.

I've been chasing ethers since November since btc is slow and expensive. It's been fun and lucrative.

BTC is ded. ded ded mother fucking ded. I poked it, it was ded. Truthfully though it is ded and slow and Normies at the office are not buying it becuase it is too intimidating due to price, and too fucking ded due to experienced traders. the ONLY thing BTC has is that it is established. Come back in 200 years and trade USD for anything and that will be ded too. Nothing lasts forever and crypto is money on greasy rails.

99bitcoins.com/bitcoinobituaries/