User, theres only 1 rule in crypto and thats never bet against the king

user, theres only 1 rule in crypto and thats never bet against the king

you call it dinosaur coin yet you fail to realize it is because its old as fuck that it is the most secure.

>needs 800 bajillion more dollars just to 2x

wow such a great coin

Guess where that 800 bajillion dollars is gonna come from? Our alts.

NO MOMMY PLS

Retard spotted. The only needed is for more people to hold. 2x can be achieved with less money than is currently flowing in.

user, here is the story of how btc dies.

Every 10 minutes, new bitcoin are minted and sold to pay for mining electricity. So long as new bitcoin are being mined, there will be downward pressure on the price. To sustain the current price, 1800 bitcoins have to be sold for 14k, requiring a constant net external investment of $25 million.

Thing is, bitcoin sucks. It costs $30 to move money, and even with that high of a fee you may not see your tx confirm for hours. Just about every competing cryptocurrency is superior. Smart money will not flow into Bitcoin, and after this tulip phase it will slow down.

What happens next is the fun part. When bitcoin doesn't reach its net investment quota, its value goes down, and hashpower decreases. Bitcoin doesn't have emergency difficulty adjustment like Bitcoin Cash, so difficulty only adjusts once every two weeks of blocks. If hashpower decreases, blocks are created less often, which increases the time until difficulty is adjusted. Meanwhile, transaction fees increase because blocks are not created as often, but people still want their transactions to go through. The rush for the door is a death spiral, and it ends in chain death. Sure, you can mine the next block, but you can't justify spending that much electricity yourself when the reward is a bunch of worthless bitcoin.

Bitcoin can't even fork itself some EDA during the death spiral, because a hard fork would be a new coin of questionable validity.

Sure, many alts would get burned because their primary pair is with BTC, but it's not too hard for exchanges to add an ETH or XRP pair.

you would only need a few billion to double bitcoins price

>people want to hold an unusable dinosaur coin, and not stuff that goes 10x+ easily without even reaching a fraction of bitcoins market cap

HOO WEE, YA'LL GOT ANYMORE OF THEM BURTCOINS?

user, who said anything about bitcoin being the king....: )))))

you dont have to buy btc, it doesnt make any difference what poor people do. big money is only interested in the real deal, bitcoin and ethereum, and maybe a couple of others depending on the niche.

the real dinosaurs are people like you, who missed the boat entirely on bitcoin

>my shitcoin broke satoshi's proof of work just so it wouldn't die immediately and that's why it's better than real coins

and what's a consequence of EDA? oh miners just stop mining the coin and wait for eda to automatically switch and and lower the difficulty by 20%. This results in blocks being mined at a faster rate. Want the difficulty to go down and receive more coins? just stop mining and wait for the EDA to activate.

>most stable crypto
>longest history
>unhackable
>most solid POW infrastructure
>sovereign governments already investing in bitcoin mining
>already has future contracts trading
>BTC ETF coming this year
>institutional money will go all in on BTC
>once alts crash for good the money will flow into BTC
>hurr durr muh dino coin

stay poor you fags

Everytime one of you guys make a thread like this one of my alts moons and I just barely make it to under 100k. Right before you fucking shitcoin dies again and takes me back to 60-70k

How does age equal security? (It doesn’t)

Just wanted to remind y'all about the incomming +15% retarget. 19 hours and 45 min left to buy BCH over BTC

>most stable crypto
wrong. 19k to 6k isn't stable.
>longest history
wrong.
>unhackable
wrong. What is quantum computing.
>most solid POW infrastructure
wrong.
>sovereign governments already investing in bitcoin mining
Wrong.
>already has future contracts trading
wallstreet shorted it.
>BTC ETF coming this year
got cancelled for the second time
>institutional money will go all in on BTC
wrong
>once alts crash for good the money will flow into BTC
wrong
>hurr durr muh dino coin
well, 1/5

>m-muh 10x!11

It's a zero sum game. These projects you talk about where devs own half the supply will bleed what's left of them into newer ones and ICOs after the exit scams.
So in essence, although some investors(the very early and the very lucky) occasionally win big in this market there's a constant flow of wealth out from it and the new money which is necessary for it exist isn't guaranteed.

wall street are professional pump and dumpers. didn't notice the FUD? they'll accumulate at the bottom (i won't call it) and run it up again. once at the top they will stabilize it and approve the ETF and trade derivatives around it to make money. then more institutional money from insurance companies and pensions will flow in.

you think all the silicon valley guys are going to let them dump it to nothing? no they got in first and wall street said me too last year. then your grandma will say put a little in bitcoin for me in 2021

that only works if you can convince your competing miners not to mine also. otherwise you're injuring yourself. individual miners have little impact on the hashrate and just follow the profits. ofc, bch has more mined coins than btc because of eda and that sucks.

Still, lottery-style proof of work is outdated and wasteful. Fees suck and confirmations don't have to take minutes when worldwide ping is seconds. I'm cheering for the feeless coins, XRB and IOTA. Transactions should be cheap and fast.

when jihan owns such a large percent of bcash mining i'd say that'd be easy for him or a group of miners to collude and make it happen

it'd be a endless cycle of EDA followed by faster blocks being mined. Oh, the halving just happened a few years earlier than expected thanks to eda and your reward is now cut in half? that's fine just lower the difficulty again. oh shit another halving just happened. keep cutting the difficulty just to make your shitcoin profitable

>What is quantum computing.
Exactly, what is it?

new category of computers that might be able to solve hard problems with less electricity than turing machines. their capabilities aren't fully understood but they may be great at factoring which would break public key cryptography