We always hear about how much people have made in crypto, but nobody ever talks about their losses

We always hear about how much people have made in crypto, but nobody ever talks about their losses.

I got justed HARD last night and took a big hit with a ridiculously stupid mistake on RLC.

Share some of your big losses Veeky Forums, everyone has them, and whether you learned any kind of lesson from it.

>Don't set a buy order and then leave the computer to wash your hands

Other urls found in this thread:

deadcoins.com/
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/qwark/
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethgas/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wtf happened? RLC mooned like a mofo today

binance

most of biz gets just'd.

There were loads of $100k+ portfolios back in june with the last alt bullrun, but where are all the millionares now?

They got just'd back down to earth.

>Sold 300k Verge under a cent
>sold 100k SC under a cent
>sold 300k reddcoin under a cent

JUST FUCKING KILL ME

lost money on BAT, fml.

I bought xrp at 1.28 and sold at 1.90. After that it went up to $3

Bought at 0.20€, sold at 0.40€.

I had 2 bitcoin cash that I traded for Eth about 3-4 days ago when Eth was at $1.3k and bitcoin cash was about $2.2-2.3k

This was just before the bitcoin cash fork picked up traction. This was literally the worst time to make this trade. Shit happens, feels incredibly bad though.

Thats nothing. You still made a good profit. Stop whining.

>selling
>at all

Lol

I did the same, but I didn't see it as a loss.

Take me out back and shoot me

It´s a roach hotel. Noone comes out so it must be a crazy party in there! For every posts about someone making it many people got burned and so it must be.

better to take gains than to get greedy and potentially lose it all. I saw the insane reddit hype, looked at the market cap, and thought of the Buffet quote (be fearful when others are greedy). sold at 2.47 and haven't looked back. not a bad call user, next time just sell after an ATH

I got JUSTed pretty hard by BCH the other fay when it gained 20% in one day and then the next day it just went straight back down and completely erased my gains

I made $6k lost like $500.

Meh, that ripple story - Bought 6k ripple @ 15c - sold at 17c - then bought the pump - bought at 37c then sold at 35c.

10k on XCS
5k in SIGT

>bought UFR at $2.30
>bought XMR at $403

You see a lot of threads on here and you know after reading them that they were posted by newbies. I've won, lost and been shafted by exchanges and things like that will always come up.

But these new guys are in for one hell of a shock. They don't understand charts, research, pnd groups, when to buy, bail, hodl or anything. They are in on the green candle pumps and buy near ATH's on impulse, not understanding leverage or anything. There are guys on social media who genuinely broadcast, that they have lost $30k overnight on one stock

I got owned trying to arbitrage on binance/coinbase when coinbase listed bch. Lit 11 00 dollars on fire, and played right into coinbase's manipulative hands. Not going to mess up like that again.

my first trade was to buy BTC at 20k

I lose quite often , because i day trade but my loses are small so i don't think it matters that much. I have a 60-65% win ratio so i lose about 40-35% of my trades every day. I take small positions and basically gamble on charts. When ETH crashes i will get JUSTED until then i am doing quite fine. Biggest just was 1 eth on xlm because i have weak hands and i am impatient.

Sold 300k coss at 6 cents, sold 190k sub at 15 cents and 80k odn at 25 cents. Hold is not a meme guys.

Press F to pay respects to the fallen ones.

You don't hear about my losses because they are unrealized losses. DONT SELL LOW YOU DUMB FAGGOT.

I've only been here for 2 weeks and I'm making a lot of gains. It's not hard to learn if you put in the effort and do some research, I've also made mistakes but I learned and moved on.

Bought XRP at 0.75 and rewon everything in one week

do coins always go back up?

You arrived just at the beginning of the alt bullrun.

How is that possible, though? Unless you mean that they all panic sold

Didn't most of the hyped coins back then do reasonably well?

Eventually yes. This market is retarded. Even confido went 3x recently

No.

deadcoins.com/

Its the type of mistakes new guys are making. Not understanding wallets, sending the wrong crypto to it, getting complacent etc. There's a lot of new guys who are too eager, sign up for exchanges, win and haven't bothered to go through the security ID checks first, and thus end up shafted.

There's some platforms out there who are making a killing, because of their clients ignorance, not knowing what the basics are.

>bought a bunch of shitcoins in May
>Bat, rdd, maid, ark
>No idea what I'm doing
>Immediate losses
That sucked- oh wait

>Get eth at 400$
>Drops to 300 immediately

>Military grade titanium hands hold for 7 months
Eh, mostly kept their value in btc but what's the point, and look at eth & ark now sweet sweet gains
Stop being weak

My only actual loss is getting JUSTed by McAfee's bot pump group and bittrex's shitty order filling system, and even then I just lost 0.03btc so fuck that.

90% of traders lose their money. You only hear stories from the other 10%.

Go and look at some daily charts for the last year.

i just got here 2 days ago. i'm fucked, right? too late for the bull run, just in time for the long arduous bear market... the 2013 crash had put me off for too long and i was too poor to do anything until 2 days ago (when i got $500 for a dumb prize thing)

Yeah, I started just in time to get in on the mid-december run, and I have to remind myself that I got in at a very good time and that it things might go sour for a longer time than we've seen at these recent dips

Unless it mooned a lot and takes a dip, or if something dramatic happens to the project or the market overall, most coins would go back up after dips. I haven't experienced anything else with all of the coins that I've been foloowing so far

>deadcoins.com/
90% of those names are major red flags. would never have bought them anyways

Is now a good time to buy RLC?

but most of these were scams or not serious projects

if you hold coins from serious projects they will eventually go back up

Sold 66k ven at 0.60

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/qwark/

it's even higher now though

I bought XLM at $0.80. Literally the only coin I've ever lost money with so far, it hurts.

I bought IOTA at 0.1 ETH, now worth 0.025 ETH :(

I still think there's money to be made, but as you said, I may be biased not knowing how it is right now, or how it was before.
Truth is, I knew none of that before either, and I am sure a lot of people fucked up with that. All I was saying is this can work out if you don't rush into it.
I agree, it's been too easy, at least for me, but it's probably going to slow down again at some point soon.

XLM and IOTA , the absolute shitcoins that no one wants to admit that they are shitcoins.

I'm new as fuck but making good profits. 2 goofs:

SALT. bought at $12. I know it'll hit $25 on the market, but after seeing it bleed for a week I realized that'll probably take a while. I honestly think I can double my money elsewhere more quickly, but perhaps that's naive

BURST. bought before dymaxion pump. didn't sell at ATH. thankfully it pumped again and sold half. keeping some because after doing more research and hanging out on their reddit it's clear it's a solid project with a dedicated community. definitely think it'll go higher but hopefully it doesn't take forever to do so

This is a goldmine! So much x1000 potential. Thanks user.

I got home from work to see appcoin being shilled. I went to bed figuring it had peaked then when I woke up it was still rising so I bought in. Within seconds it dropped 50 cents. I spent the rest of the morning watching it until it regained 20 cents then sold.
A couple days later the price rose enough to cover my losses but too late for my panic selling arse.

Never sell below what you bought, just wait until it recovers. I learned it the hard way, but that's the truth. Never sell at a loss.

Me too m8.
God damn coinbase

I sold my RLC to buy the ZCL shitcoin that was trading for around 4 dollar a month a go, because I'm chasing a so called fork. Now I'm stuck between whales en probably get dumped on in the near future. But maybe the odds are with me this time.

Only in USD terms, you've still lost BTC and thus potential gains.

Again I ask, now a good time to by RLC?

Did you sell? I bought at .80 as well and this last week has been a test to my iron fists. But I refuse to sell at a loss.

what if it doesn't?

See DGB, SWT, MCO, DNT...

No, I haven't. I bought 5k at like 0.30 but got greedy/stupid and bought another 5k at 0.80. I'll just hold it because a) I do think it'll go back up eventually and b) it's a miniscule portion of my portfolio anyway.

Been only one week so far, only loss has been due to a STRATIS wallet bug
>What lesson you learned
Stop crying about money that's gone forever and move forward, a real man can deal with frustration

Oldschool trader. Went into Oil Option with 0.07 and rise to 0.34. Sold all, good. Then pushed half of the money in Gold 1.11 and eat crow at 0.87. Bought practically at current peak. Happens. All my current coins are just going sideways BCC, ZCOIN, NEO is just coming back

not always a good advice. bagholding a shitcoin for 12 months, just to break even, when there are so many good other coins out there - you could make your loss back way faster.

Just buy EGAS and hold it...13mil max supply and the price is sub $0.10 - at $1 it will only be 13mil market cap and even if it turns out to be a scamcoin thats still 10x returns.
Take a look@ coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethgas/

thanks for the chart famalam. hope it performs a new cycle

WHAT?? I've been holding ermahgerdcern and fellatiocoin for years, theyre DEAD?

I bought Signatum right before the coin imploded with all of the shit regarding Jason Crowe. Now a dead coin that the Pajeet creator abandoned but has apparently been resurrected slightly by the community.

Only lost $350 on it but still annoyed.

My wallet is now 100% into Monero and I'm done trying to be greedy and ride pumps on shitcoins. Bought in at an average of $142 so I'm already solidly in the green even though we're trading sideways.

no prob.

tradingview.com is good for crypto charts.

did similar things myself with BAT RLC & REQ

Now i only hold Ark, BAT & eth for transacting

what said; you should always be invested in coins which maximize profits and mitigate risk over any given timeframe (and need to have an entrance and exit strategy). "don't sell at a loss" is more a psychological tactic which only works in a very bullish market to benefit impatient noobs who have no plan and impulse buy into whatever is hot

Only money I've ever lost in crypto is from margin trading. But I've gained much more from it in the long run. Don't do it unless you're OK getting liquidated. I treat the money that I put in crypto as pure gambling money anyway, the same as when I bet on rugby, I don't expect to see it again.

>but nobody ever talks about their losses.
No one has ever made losses in this, the most fantastic bull run in history, ever

>start reading about crypto 3 days ago
>holy shit im actually going to make milliond
>first transaction
>want to change ethernum to upfiring
>don't leave enough money for gas
>set the gas price lower
>WHAT'S THE WORST THAT CAN HAPPEN?
>never saw my money again

I shorted BTC at $2. I thought it was getting overvalued.

When did the short end?

it's not lost u mong

I bought req

How is xlm a shitcoin retard

I'm currently playing a very risky game with ZCL. Don't watch the charts all day, so if the fork gets canceled, this goes back to 0 probably w/o my knowledge.

It's not gonna get canceled.

ITs January bros, it was told from our ancestors of Veeky Forums/ that we would take losses this month.

so far im at loss of 10k overall but did i really lose anything if my initial investment was only 5k

had to tabs open
wanted to buy dbc while it was dipping
bought aigang instead .
yes i am a retard
didnt even realize untill now .
fml

i meant two tabs , dammit

>poorfag here.
>in one night I finally reached 0.2 btc after a month
>was on DBC and it mooned hard so I had 0.4 and was very thrilled about it
>log in to Kucoin to reap my gainZ.
>0.683 DBC to sell
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAH.jpeg
>had a sellorder which I forgot to cancel at 1400-1800 sats when it mooned to 4k.

Yeah so Basically I missed out on heavy games but never really lost anything.

>dipping non-stop
>whales controlling it in every corner
I lost +50% with these heavy shitbags

I was shilling pfr and prl here for you on /biz since both were 0.07 and 0.01 respectively. Get profit on egas and make me (and you) rich.
Take a look@ coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethgas/

bought link at 40 cents instead of 15 cents... could have had 3x the amount. got out of xrp before the moon, got out of ada before the moon etc. etc. etc. will keep on happening all the fucking time. I don't even fucking care anymore.

>
I would not be able to sleep if I was you, I only have a small portion of ZCL but I cant wait for BTCP

I've put 800 in and due to making retarded decisions and not knowing about fees for bitcoin vs Litecoin/Eth and not knowing how to wait for the dip I'm down to 650.

I'm in xlm and link now, and am just going to hold for months. Drop some more every now and then in to projects I'm confident in.

i did that shit with xlm , missed out on 200 bucks

I bought TRX ATH and sold at 950 SATS.

Rlc too yesterday.

>hear about the parnertship, shit stars going up, buy, at 18500, slowy begins to go down, no fucking volume at all.
>XLM starts showing movement, decide that rlc still have some time left to moon and sell AT A LOSS to go into XLM.
>wake up this morning, xlm+20%, rlc+150% (special bonus selling at binance)

Fucking kill me

Lost about 5k worth of btc in a PnD scam a couple of weeks ago

did you mean 0,5 ?

also tell more you stupid shit

You got out of a scam coin with a decent profit, don't complain.

Nah like .35 bitcoin

It was shilled on Veeky Forums and the guy looked legit, I shouldn't have believed him

At least now I know not to chase PnDs

>bought 1 ETH of UFR at ATH
>bought TRX at 280 and sold at a loss at 265

I bought POLL ATH when it was getting pumped and just sold for a loss to buy into ACT, which will probably dump the second the fork happens.

> babbys first 2 ETH
> see XLM being shilled everywhere, DMOR, seems legit
> buy 300 at $0.20
> it goes up to $0.40, heck this is easy, buy 500 more
> it goes up to $0.80, get greedy, decide to go all in
> XLM crashes to $0.45
Still holding, hopefully I'll be able to at least get my ETH back one day, maybe when if the technical roadmap is decent @ EOM and if FairX is as legit as everyone makes it out to be

Similar happened to me with a little less coin. I lost half of what I went in with but I've made it back and then some luckily. Still, hurt my potential quite a lot, but maybe the lesson learned was worth the price.