Expat trading

has anyone here left home and gone to live the comfy life of trading abroad? if you've got enough experience and capital you can live comfortably off your gains and the cost of living is a fraction of the west.

i'm thinking of doing it but don't know where... stable internet and safety seem the priority

been doing it since 2010. Its not all its cracked up to be, just try it for a while, have fun, then you'll get tired and go back and be super grateful we actually have roads and trash cans.

yeah i've spent a lot of time abroad, i know how it is... just thinking of going to se asia or latin america until the summer, then budapest or back home.

latin american internet seems too unreliable though. where were you based? i want somewhere i can rent for a bit, don't want to risk public wifi

Chile and peru have decent internet. Just rent a furnished beach apartment or apartment in a touristy area and the main companies have ok internet plans.

pretty much
after 2,5 years in SEA im done with this third world shit. these countries are cheap for a reason, you get what you pay for.

Funny how people say everything is cheaper. Yeah, when you don't turn on air conditioning things cost less, when you use a 1.6 liter engine a taxi is less, when a building is an echo chamber made of cinder blocks and bad ventilation construction costs less.

Which SEA country?

honestly if you want a developed-world standard of living for cheap, flyover country in America is a good bet

Come back in 10 years if you are still alive, and it will be different

>not Malaysia

My thoughts exactly, I lived all over Asia for a few years.

Definitley a good thing to experience but I like sidewalks, proper infastructure and clean air.

also there placed in Europe you can live that are almost as cheap as SE Asia but much more developed, Prague and Budapest come to mind.

The way to do this is not to go to thirdworldistan, but rural areas in the developed world. In germany I can live on 1500€ a month in Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg, etc. Or I can live on 700€ in the middle of nowhere. Ride mountainbike with my doggo and spend my days reading or drawing in the park. Bonus: no niggers and ghouls. Just lots of elderly people who look at you judgingly because they immediately know you're not from around.

plus theres lot of EE sexy girls you can fuck for money

I work on and off in San Diego but rent a house in Tijuana and just commute. $450 for a 2bed in a nice beachside neighborhood. You can rent a nice beachfront condo for 500-600, reliable internet for $20/mo. Bills are nil

>tfw peruvian with dual citizenship

Cant wait to leave Canada and live off my crypto gains trading from my penthouse in Miraflores.

ahahah this is literally me too, except american citizenship. if all goes well ima get a beach in punta rocas and a condo in miraflores and just surf and eat ceviche all day

Lul, good luck finding decent and cheap internet there.
I would personally think about Romania, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, maybe Poland if I wanted to move somewhere cheap but with good infrastructure.

best thing ive ever did in my life was moving to bangkok when ive made my first 500k in mid 2017

>surfing and ceviche in Peru
My nigga I hope you make it. That is the dream right there.

I second most of the Baltic area as a good place to live cheaply and stay comfy. Western Ukraine is a great spot, too (Lviv)

I've lived in SEA. It's anything but comfy. It smells.

>moving to shithole countries

i don't need NY/UK/Oz living standards, just good internet and somewhere safe to keep my laptop and ledger

western rural areas are cheap but they're too slow for me at this point in life. will come back to Europe for the summer though

These + Bulgaria/estonia etc. Best places for a cryptotrader. Great internet, in EU, supported on Coinbase/Kraken. Low taxes

Why the fuck would you move there? Thailand sucks for crypto traders

Thats racist. Haiti and el salvador are 1st world paradises