Let's be real here, we haven't even passed the bear trap yet

There are no cryptocurrencies actually being widely used in the real world. Normies have only heard about Bitcoin at the most.
Yet it's unimaginable for cryptocoins not to be adapted in the future so the best is still to come even if there are a few bear traps ahead.

>I can't be bothered to read 3 sentences.

indeed.
most lack the technical know how to put their money from coinbase onto actual exchanges

destination moon.

I thought we would really take off in december but the market has stabilised.

go outside normies have heard about way more than just bitcoin

ive literally been messaged about everything from xrp to doge to icx

The average normie hasn't, especially not the older ones.
My point is that not a single coin has been adopted by an industry for usage irl. There are no products yet.
And currencies are a big fucking deal. Governments will refuse to give power to a currency they don't control. So it'll take a long time.

Yep, been through the $260 and $1200 bubbles. The crash will be godlike this time around, guaranteed, but it won't stop me from buying at low prices. Looking to accumulate in the 1K-3K range.

Just hope the newfags on here are starting to cash out on their shitcoin gains. Way too many people that actually think certain shitcoins have better tech, and will outlive BTC during a crash. like holy shit they're gonna get burned.

u can't crash metcalfe bitch

>he compares the 200 and 1200 bitcoin to mike novogratz sperm fueled bitcoin

Go on coinmarketcap. See everything below BTC? Yeah that's a shitcoin.

We're far before that. We're only at the very beginning. It will be a bubble, but a massive worldwide bubble.

Veeky Forums should sorry the jew. A bunch of barely functioning autists working on a system that will break their hegemony

Litecoin already being used to purchase goods.

If you are an oldcoiner you will know BCH shouldnt be underestimated. You are right though everything else is shitcoin and the crash will be extreme but bear market afterwards should be shorter this time around

Still far from being widely used. Pic related will probably take at least ten years. We're still at the beginning.

Litecoin was essentially dead before charlie shilled it onto coinbase by working there. It has no future

Why do you think it would be so low. The lowest estimates I have seen are 5 to 8k.

only bitcoin rhymes with shitcoin

i kid i love bitcoin, it ain't crashing to 1-3k unless alt coins take 99% of the market share first friendo

I also think 5-6k but hell who knows. This timethere are more life savings on the line and retards with loans so the panic might be even bigger than when we had a black swan in 2013

may have a lot left in the tank, but crypto definitely getting more buzz, fucking altcoin talk on cnbc. hear more and more people making coinbase accounts and just buying some of each coin.

Also hear a lot of the 'hey have you heard about this coin, its less than $1 and you can get a bunch of them for cheap"

Part of me wants to see market caps grow, but other part fears we are nearing frenzy stage

you guys haven't figured out there is so much more than bitcoin now

they ain't all shitcoins

ven is about to blow the top off this market with real world shit

ok, the rest are shitcoins outsides of VEN

You're busy worrying about the bubble pop when Google releasing gBlockchain or gSmartContracts will be almost as damaging to crypto investments.

problem is those guys with loans got in around 13-19k

they ain't panic selling at 6k to fuck themselves

if it was that easy they'd have already done it

they will just buy somebody or steal their devs tho, ur right

Google and the others will wait until a storm of shitcoins have figured out what works and what doesnt for free with normie money. Its all open source so basically all the ICO bagholders are funding free research to be used by corporations down the line

Let's just get one thing out of the way:

That meme chart does NOT correlate with crypto in the slightest. It's useless for trying to predict the future.

That said I definitely don't think we're just gonna keep growing exponentially for long. The market has too little to show for it, there are only a few viable products.

I disagree

the untapped market isn't as big as you think

a lot of older people would NEVER invest cryptocurrency

enterprise coins are the only ones guaranteed to make it out alive

little hated .25 Tierion will outlive all these high priced currency cryptos its hilarious they actually have customers

>they ain't panic selling at 6k to fuck themselves
Anybody dumb enough to take out a loan on BTC at ATH is capable of going full FUD

they sure will - they'll just do it through Wall St funds - its already started

they will also use electroneum or some shit through facebook - that will hook them

it correlated with every crypto bubble we had so far. 2011, 2013, 2013 #2, 2013 #3

they'll be safely in altcoins by then if they aren't already

Realism. We can't honestly know what's gonna happen, but there is a real chance of an ugly ending sooner than we expect. I think this current bleedout is a bit scary.

The solution? Remember to take profits every now and then.

And yet last year it has been entirely wrong. It's not some word of god

>the untapped market isn't as big as you think
>a lot of older people would NEVER invest cryptocurrency
Not when wallstreet eventually packages it as a "safe investment" lmao.

BITCOIN will go low, but alt coins are no longer tethered to bitcoin, that's what most oldfags fail to acknowledge.. instead of the shitcoins of hte past there is insane tech here being developed and kids are not going to run from crypto to fiat, they accept it already

otherwise you'd be right.. the next gen has already accepted crypto and they will win

The market is 100% untapped. Cryptocoins are not being used to buy stuff or transfer money yet.
Investing is not the real purpose of cryptocoins after all. Also older people tend to die.

if this pops there are no safe altcoins at least for a while. If it pops you want to be in fiat or be a hodler that bought before the bubble even started but even that would reduce your gains

Why daytrade and chase pumps if youre going to lose it hodling shitcoins while everything dumps 60%.

if BTC really goes down hard, a lot of alts will go down much futher percentagewise.

Only ETH and maybe BCH have a small chance of not getting killed as hard but thats still a gamble

i feel ya, it's got me concerned because we old folk have been thru pain in the past in many sectors... but i'm all enterprise coins and masternodes, i am bunkered in for the long haul

It never went fully parabolic in 2016

they'll go down hard and spring up just as hard

novogratz ain't dumb money thats what i am saying is different

will be many crashes they are just lightning speed now instead of taking years to play out

ETF proposals getting pulled left and right.
I can believe that next parabolic rise will be fueled by ETFs but before that I see a bearmarket happening once the pool of risk takers getting in is dried up

>alt coins are no longer tethered to bitcoin
Only way for us to find out if this is true is waiting for the pop. I aint taking that risk

Same here, mostly in XLM. I don't expect the fresh money to keep coming for something like a year, and when it dries up we're in trouble. Would be nice to believe everything's gonna be fine this time but a real crash is not a fun thing to be a part of.

It didn't, which means a new crash would likely not last as long but would still do major damage. Again, profit. Take it

Really? Then pic related means what?

For all we know novogratz and friends already went in a long time ago. Why do neets think finance people are dumb and slow thats such a dumb meme.
>the biggest gambler cokeheads on earth didnt jump on BTC after they saw the 2013 action
sure buddy.

You bet a bunch of big wallstreet guys spent 2014-2015 accumulating silently.
Them pumping in the news now is probably just them optimizing their sells.

Oh and by the way, at some point when crypto really does become viable we'll get more of that sweet industrial money in. It's gonna be big, but the landscape will likely be vastly different by then

We're hitting 8K very soon, and people haven't even started to panic yet. There's still way more room to go down. The crash isn't gonna happen that fast. Think of how much panic the alt markets will be in at 6-8K.

Also the last bubble started at around $150, went to $1200, then back to $150 again, even though crypto was still pretty hyped at the time. This time doesn't seem any different. Newfags think shitcoins are so special, but it's all a repeat of 2013. Look up Quarkcoins

Yea this fits perfectly with me 23 trillion marketcap prediction

>market crash to almost -70% to -90%
Lol every nocoiner's dream so they can buy the dip.

Fuck off there has never been this much media attention

lol I remember Quark being shilled by max kaiser. That was like a week or two before pop

Thats why the price is higher. Doesnt mean it wont pop

Those new ETFs proposals are derivative-based, they would just play with the futures that got listed, not buy actual coins. Huge difference.

Explain to me how the public got in before institutional investors

Not saying it won't pop, but we don't know when it will happen

It's simple. The meme graph is completely off. We have no idea what's gonna happen in the future.

You're right. Ethereum enterprise foundation. Nope nobody doing business with them. Fucking retard.
IBM and stellar?
IOTA and like every fucking tech company.
I hate biz

>neets see the potential
>professionals financial analysts dont
lol fucking newagey "muh free thinker" arrogance.
Nobody made more money in this bubble that institutional investors

The problem is that as much as I believe these (excluding IOTA) are the future, the rest of the market is mostly complete garbage. The money has to go somewhere eventually, and I really don't believe it's just all conveniently gonna flow into my XLM / ETH bags.

>Explain to me how the public got in before institutional investors

Public has no business experience so they FOMO hard.

You go outside more you stupid dumb ignorant faggot. I work with the public everyday and have a large social circle. Nobody in the normal working world gives 2 shits about crypto, a lot of the normies need help logging into their email. You think they will buy alts off an exchange utilizing blockchain technology? Fucking wake up you NEET faggot. We have years ahead of us

Then you were asleep. Bitcoin got huge coverage on TV, social media, etc. Doge was on Nascar. Huge companies like Expedia, Shopify, Microsoft, Overstock, etc started accepting it. Adyen, payment processor for pretty much every huge tech company started accepting it. Braintree (paypal) billboards all over San Francisco, with "accepting bitcoin" in huge letters. As the price tanked.

Obviously more media hype this time around, but that's why I'm saying 1-3k and not $200 btc.

Alright good luck with your buy orders then

It's going to 8k, maybe 6k but we will never see sub 5k again

to be fair anytime that graph is posted in OP its safe to assume fud thread

Its not about EVERY normie being in crypto.
Its about whether or not all the normies we were going to get into crypto have already joined.

Most normies NEVER EVER INVEST IN ANYTHING other than 401k
The bubble pops when all the dumb money that was going to get in is in. Then we relay for a while and next time the group of normies that can get in will be bigger as crypto will have more legitimacy in their eyes having been around 10+ years.

Is that your honest opinion or is there a slight bit of denial? I always tend to notice myself wanting to think like that when I'm overly invested, but you surely know that it could also go south. Hence the profit taking. At least take out your initial investment if you're way up. Lets you think more clearly.

That's the problem

#1: Most normies are to stupid to even sign up to coinbase.
#2: Most normies are risk averse as fuck.
#3: Those normies who are open to taking risks are willing to go through the coinbase shitshow to get to their altcoins.

We need to think seriously about how to grow the investment entry level. Selling cryptos like lottery tickets at the supermarket counter could be a way.

because novogratz admitted it was his fund that bought the shit out of bitcoin at 6-7k a few months ago on the big dip and sent it back to 9k immediately

lotta copycats out there getting in

Do you have any idea how unrealistic that sounds?

Anyway, I have high hopes for FairX. Fiat gateway with a decentralized exchange.

most people i know that are new hate bitcoin

they love their alts

they won't panic they will just say "see i told you bitcoin sux"

i facepalm ever time i hear new people say bitcoin sucks when they don't even know what crypto is

>admitted
lol where do faggots get the idea to ever believe anything fat cats say in public

>You go outside more you stupid dumb ignorant faggot. I work with the public everyday and have a large social circle. Nobody in the normal working world gives 2 shits about crypto, a lot of the normies need help logging into their email. You think they will buy alts off an exchange utilizing blockchain technology? Fucking wake up you NEET faggot. We have years ahead of us

This is exactly why crypto will never become mainstream currency.

Have you ever tried explaining a Normie how to buy at Coinbase. I had two already giving up when I told them that they have to show some ID to be able to purchase. This whole thing is still way to difficult.

I just meant the whole idea of coming up with tricks so that every normie can buy crypto with zero effort? Why should every normie buy crypto at this point? They don't buy stocks either. When crypto becomes more useful normies will naturally adopt it but anything until then is just us trying to make them hold our bags

It'll flow through it. Not necessarily into it? Know what I mean?
Also don't discredit IOTA.
Seriously you'll miss out man...

Those normies I know are fomoing but don't want it bad enough to go through all the complicated stuff.
Tbh I am still not sure how a useful approach of crypto to normies could look like. I can see it for some industry blockchain whatnot stuff. But that normies are going to say.. woah I need some of that crypto stuff to buy/get xy is still far away. Or do you have something in mind?

Crypto is the borderless world currency that certain people have been desperate to implement for a very long time now. Right now what we're seeing is a fight to establish a specific backing currency, as well as people trying to work out how to implement industry or company specific currencies. Eventually we could see something along the lines of a single backing currency, and tons of token-based currencies that are used for specific use-cases, industries, or companies. That's what makes ETH and ERC20 important.
Most investments have at least some barrier to entry, and that's why most normies stick with 401k or basic-bitch shit like government bonds.

>i dont know to use logarithmic scale when looking at data with high variance between lowest and highest datapoint
>we're in bubble guise. following the speculative bubble trend guise. BTC charts havent looked exactly like this repeatedly in the past guise.

Dunno, I'd rather just let the markets develop by themselves

You're the retard. At this point cryptocoins have virtually no use in the real world.
Of course IT companies are invested to some extent because they see where it's going.
But at some point cryptos will be adapted by the business and consumer markets and that's when the bubble of all bubble comes.

This isn't a fucking bubble.
This was designed.
Just put your money into ETH/BTC and shuuuuuut the fuuuuuuuck up kid

I didn't say it was a bubble. Why can't people read?

fixing problems and regulations that politics couldn't and old money wouuldn't

you sound like the huge K-Mart fans mocking Amazon

your future - brought to you by Texas Instruments

Fucking retards, learn to read. I'm saying that the best is still ahead. I didn't mock cryptocoins anywhere.

>cryptocoins

can't help it just fun, i remember TI too don't worry

when i see this graph, i dont see fud anymore.
its kind of soothing actually…

it gives off that winter olympics vibe

remember Lillehammer?

those were some good fucking olympics

>he thinks that we Jews aren't up to our balls in cryptoshit...

vaguely familiar

>playing the game vs. running the game

Shalom, shill me your best picks
i might drop a 500k XVG

I disagree. We are at “media attention”. Bear trap was Mt.Gox.

Not FUDing, but I've been concerned with similar things. There's a lot of real current AND future potential in some projects on the market, but the rest is just speculation and might not even be profitable, nobody really cares. I don't think I can stress enough the importance of taking profits along the road, and I also don't think I could honestly say that we might not be looking at one major crash before we enter the Amazon era.

The big difference is that making a profit has never been easier than now.

You’ve got to have been lobotomized if you think that. There’s at least 50 coins with real products and use cases. Bitcoin is quite literally THE EPITOME of a shitcoin.

A platform like ethereum or DRGN will eat bitcoins lunch in the next 1-2 years. Screenshot this.

Exactly. Most projects are shit and scams.
What isn't?
Well, when the UN has done projects with ETH and IOTA I'd say those might be safe bets.
Or banks transferring money around the south pacific with stellar. Or IBM setting up XLM nodes on most continents.
This shit ain't going away.
Hope you bought the dip.

>Crypto is the borderless world currency that certain people have been desperate to implement for a very long time now. Right now what we're seeing is a fight to establish a specific backing currency, as well as people trying to work out how to implement industry or company specific currencies. Eventually we could see something along the lines of a single backing currency, and tons of token-based currencies that are used for specific use-cases, industries, or companies. That's what makes ETH and ERC20 important.

That's great and all but I exchanged my dollars for pesos when I went to Mexico so what's the value add?

Having a universal currency is a huge problem because that'll cause the Southern EU problem. Goods and Services cost the same in Italty as they do in Germany which is a problem is your countries competitive advantage is being a cheap tourist economy. Our globalized economy works because milk and food costs more in American than it does in Mexico or China. If we all used the same currency then it'll put a huge strain on the 3rd world countries that benefit from lower costs of living.

I agree, and those are the safe bets, I have enormous faith in them. But the rest of the market kinda terrifies me so I keep taking profits at high prices. Made several years worth of salary so I guess I can't really regret that no matter what happens.

You should read up on IOTA's problems. I don't quite trust it to be reliable, using it left a bad taste in my mouth when the spam attack crippled it, and the POW required for transactions can't be done by IOT devices. The devs are also immature. Not gonna bet on that one at this point