You lose $40k day trading in one day

>you lose $40k day trading in one day
h-hypothetically, how would you go about overcoming that?

Other urls found in this thread:

bitmex.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not daytrading

Put in another 40k and *2 on ED

>lose $40k day trading in one day

literally how ?

make sure you start with a $1M stack, so $40k is irrelevant

also don't daytrade

Double down

One option, OP.

All in on ZRX.

Buy low sell lower

Rope

That happened to me 8 months ago.

I was trading Ethereum, put in a risky short, then my Dad asked me to drive one of the neighbor's friends back home (he had been working on our roof)

I left my short up on the exchange, drove the guy around, except it turned out he was slightly mentally handicapped and had trouble giving directions, and told my Dad he "didn't live far". He ended up living nearly two hours away. When I got back, I saw a margin call. 200 ETH, gone.

I hate that fucking retard, and know I don't even speak to my father. But that's unrelated.

When I saw my trade nuked on Poloniex, I puked. After that, I went out for a long drive, and stayed out overnight, occasionally stopping to get coffee.

That's a tough one buddy

Don't chase losses. Step away from the computer if you're on a losing streak

if singles
if dubs
if trips

please kek, which one?

underrated

>lose $80k trading in one day

by realizing that you started with 2 grand in 2016 and you've pulled out 10k+ already

I've had my portfolio go from 50k to 15k in a couple of days... I just held because I believed in the tech. Not too long after I was back to 50k and then onwards and upwards. It helps to just be rational about it. We're taking risks and making decisions under conditions of uncertainty. Sometimes you're gonna fuck up and sometimes you're going to get a little unlucky. Just learn from the fuck ups and move on. Try not to ruminate on it. After all at least you're not a nocoiner.

ha

Did you recover

kek
just went all in bitcoin guys, I have 18.4, surely can't get just'd there

bitmex.com

taking a month or two off

reevaluate your goals

start again slowly

>dad I have $X on the line right now drive the tard yourself

all you had to do.

and don't trade on fucking margin until you are good and know your shit!

I'd kill myself

there's no easy way to do anything man.
if you realize you're smart and can make the money back,
then do it.

Bitcoin is gonna be sub 10k within the month you retard.

digits have spoken

I've lost more than that in 2 days...held and came out ahead.

It was a tough pill to swallow but allowable as I had faith in the technology I invested in.

Hodling was key.

good job boys, sadly this was just me going all in and out of various shitcoins during a sleep deprived depressive episode of about 45 minutes
It won't happen again

yeah i think I will..

Back in the late 90's, i was trading stocks and options. Lots of daytrading. I decided to put $250k on slight out of money calls just before 4pm close...stock literally gave monster earnings and guidance yet dropped 28% overnight. 250k down to 10k value in less than 24 hours.
>suicide seriously contemplated
Drove to the beach, was ready to just walk straight into the water...decided against it and got drunk as fuck for a week straight, sleeping in my car.
Get back Monday morning and signed on and my options rebounded back to $265k!!!
SELL SELL SELL! Thank you God I'll never do that again!
Get drunk to celebrate.
By the end of the week those options were worth $2 million.
>suicide seriously comtemplated

been there, done that. the key thing is to not to give up and take some time off

How did you manage that, also.. maybe 40k aint that much to you?

What's your full stack size after 40k loss.

>By the end of the week those options were worth $2 million.
what the fuck

Options dont move much now compared to then...
this crypto stuff reminds me so much of the dot com mania though...love it

Can you imagine if all these coins start to get futures/options?... Jesus fucking Christ the mania

Crypto secondary here. What the fuck do options even do? What's their purpose?

By never pretending to be a day trader again.

>reminds me so much of the dot com mania though
Born in 1997 here, what was it like? I asked my dad about it and he said he lost 30 grand when the bubble popped

Sounds like back then you just needed to buy technology stocks and you'd be making money quite quickly

What’s 40k to a mother fucker like OP someone please remind him

Literally the option, but not obligation, to buy/sell at a fixed price by a certain date.

bitmex at 3.3x long, set buys 1.2% below current market price, check 1/week. i realise the temptation to increase checking or your leverage but here it is time to WIN

IT

ALL

BACK

You listened to Veeky Forums didn't you?

Damn bro. Damn.

>not going 100x

remember the 90/90/90 rule: 90% of day traders lose 90% of their money within 90 days

Never reveal your wealth to any one, especially family and minorities. You'll end up with no money or get nagged constantly for handouts.

>dad I have some work I need to do, do it yourself

Don't tell me you're a neet user

>I hate that fucking retard

It's all on you. Get over it.

Doesn't mean he can't hate the retard

>Plot twist, he's the retard.
Nah crypto is icing on the cake. I was already doing good before.

Back in the early 80's I was in high school, there were no computers to speak of and trading had to be done reading a day or two old info. Hand drawn charts.
As the 90's came in, you could trade within the same day with the internet and pc. Watch CNBC and follow the wave. Dot com stock IPO's every fucking week, hopefully buying at 931a.m. and doubling your money by 359pm. (sound familiar?)
All came down by 2003 when computer trading took over and now its all bot trading :(