My friend inherited $85 million and wants to start either a private equity firm or a hedge fund...

My friend inherited $85 million and wants to start either a private equity firm or a hedge fund. He unironically wants me to be the firms manager. What do? is private equity at a sub $100 million mark even profitable. we probably cant get funding because we have no track record idk im gonna fuck this up desu

Other urls found in this thread:

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethgas/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

do it man

you can start a bank with 85 million easily

literally just some paperwork your jew lawyers will submit and you are good to go become the jew yourself

Can you explain why he wants to even work in the business of making money? He has money. Work on immortality or something useful.

also like 70% of hedge funds don't even beat the market

better off just giving it all to the gigajew vanguard and letting them do it

Tell your friend to buy 40 million dollars of bonds and keep that principle in bonds for the rest of his life. Take the monthly payout from that and live off that. use the other 40 million to buy his dream house and never do anything agian.

> bonds

dude, dollars and dollar-denominated debts are going to be annihilated in the next decade

I don't understand how someone who falls into an ultra weathy position like that wants to risk all that money. Just plain fucking stupid, risk free rate to cover inflation and a few extra points and enjoy your fucking life.

Do you have any trading experience at a institution? If not starting a hedge fund may be difficult.

>inherits $85 million
>start a business

nigga tell him to sit back and enjoy life. buy homes and live off that fucck

Does his hedge fund invest in crypto? Serious question. There is very little money to be made IMO from buying and selling publicly traded stock. However, if you’re talking about purchasing privately held equity as an accredited investor that’s a whole different ballgame + institutional crypto trading is BIG PROFITS but hides its power level

A lot of hedge funds aren't designed to beat the market. Most hedge funds have volatility caps on there portfolio`s that prevent them from going over a certain amount of risk. The investor signs up for a certain amount of risk not to beat the market

PE is NOT DOABLE at that range unless you have a team of 4-5 serious ballers with PE experience. You're looking at like 1 deal per year, and operating for a few years; holding about 3-4 companies total. You CAN get financing (even for the dumbest funds) with a decent model and enough skin in the game (just less leverage), but you can make equity-heavy deals work.

If not a LARP, running a fund of funds at that size is actually pretty fucking easy as a 1 man shop + a consultant (Cambridge or other)

Start a cannabis investment hedge fund for other millionaires/billionaires getting FOMO right now.
There will be fucktons of money to be made in the coming years. Also include me if you do this.

Go all in Link

I’m not being ironic in saying this. But Not LINK, I’m sorry, but the moon mission has already taken off and you weren’t onboard. I was. There will be many like it, but this one is mine.

this!

>Asking retards on an Asian cartoon board what to do with nearly nine-figures worth of money

You should make your LARPs a tad more realistic.

EGAS has a 13 mil max coin supply and the price is sub 10cents right now. Even if it turns out to be a scamcoin it will definitely get pumped to $1 before then and that will only put it at 13m market cap.
Take a look@ coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethgas/

Put it all into some random shitcoin.

Start a precious metals backed IRA

Start a hedge fund and trade ETPs. Public markets are less efficient than private ones.