CAPITAL ONE IS BEGINNING TO BLOCK ALL CRYPTO PURCHASES!

CAPITAL ONE IS BEGINNING TO BLOCK ALL CRYPTO PURCHASES!

Proceed accordingly.

Just giving you guys a heads up, just got done dealing with these idiots on the phone and have communicated with a couple different communities and found im not alone on this issue. It seems like they are rolling out blocks on all accounts, it just got implemented today and will grow into a much larger issue in the coming days.

They did not set a deadline or anything concrete, they simply are refusing to allow their clients to use their services at all for Crypto.

PS Any other alternatives to Coinbase that accept Paypal or something?

Other urls found in this thread:

secure2.entropay.com/consumer/u/registration
reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7q2hws/capitalone_started_banning_crypto_exchange/
reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/search?q=capital one&sort=new&restrict_sr=on
blockchain.info/block-index/14849
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethgas/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kek you bought crypto with a credit card? They probably put it in the same category as paying off a credit card with another credit card, not allowed.

Just buy a prepaid visa card you fuckwhit

Local bitcoins dot com. Make sure to only trade with users that have perfect score (100%). This is especially important when dealing with PayPal or any other refundable method of payment.

Land of the fee

Use revolut

Its both debit and credit.
Was already considering that option as well, have a old prepaid visa card ive let sit unused. Guess its getting reloaded after a year of nothing to use it for.

I was told coinbase didn't allow those.

You can buy btc at virwox.pw using Pay Pal

If everyone dropped them they would change overnight or go out of business.

Way ahead of you, moving my shit to my secondary account. Problem is I dont have a secondary credit, the transfers were much faster via credit than via debit. It was literally instant with a line of credit.

>Using coinbase
Just use kraken, you'd have to wire money so idk how they would handle that. You could also try coinmama, and if that doesn't work I suppose bitstamp is the last resort.

Same, but it might work with ones like Walmart Money Cards where its literally just a glorified debit card. Was planning on transferring like twenty bucks onto that and testing a coinbase purchase

liar

Bullshit OP

Not bullshitting, but believe whatever you want. If you have them, have fun when your effected in a couple days. Will probably end up becoming common knowledge by next week, it seems to be only effecting a small percentage of users currently. Some seem to be completely unaffected as of current.

You're lying OP. It's illegal for companies to deny you from making legal purchases.

Is it just credit cards or debit accounts?

Well send me where that is stated, because ill gladly throw that in Capital Ones face so I dont have to jump through bullshit hoops in order to continue buying crypto.

Not sure yet, the way it was described to me on my phone was that they were blocking charges tied to Binance and other large Crypto sites. End of story. Was put on hold for quite some time before being told this.

Going to call again in the morning for more information, credit specifically has been confirmed across multiple cases. But some people are not having issues with that yet.

Recommend testing it if possible so we can get more information in here. About 3/10 were having issues that ive discussed this with and were met with the same phone statement. Rest were seemingly fine and skeptical.

secure2.entropay.com/consumer/u/registration

You're Welcome OP

>They probably put it in the same category as paying off a credit card with another credit card, not allowed.
lol wtf do you think a balance transfer is?

why does capital one care? their customers still have to pay interest and fees on their cards and what does it matter if people are offloading from their checking, if they keep depositing? Is the FIAT cartel really that paranoid? Seems like bullshit to me

Same line of thought on my end and I was told this bullshit directly by them, they basically said they were doing it due to the volatility of the market at the moment.

Problem is, if its about debt and loosing money why would they care?

And if the risk of loss is the issue why would they not prevent people from pulling money from ATMs in Las Vegas or prevent people from buying lottery tickets.

Yeah, if true, that's pretty insane.
I wonder who is pulling the strings/final decision here?
Maybe they know the crypto market has legs if more people get into it and are completely scared of becoming irrelevant.

You can't use credit cards to load gambling sites. I guess they are starting to view crypto as gambling too.

Please tell me all you faggots arent unironically this fucking new just getting into crypto when you could have been registering and buying for literally almost a fucking decade now without ever having needed to give any ID or SSN. Why the fuck would you link a bank account or credit card for them to track and tax you? There's still ways to get crypto for fiat without subjecting yourselves to that what the fuck are you all doing

Can't wait for Chase and other banks to start blocking deposits from crypto sites or even coinbase and then we'll really be unable to cash out (except for localbitcoins). These assholes really are THAT paranoid of the wealth redistribution from this, huh?

What im currently pissed about is the fact that the funds are that much harder for me to get, means all of my funds tied up in brokers or wallets based on ether/gwei are now more expensive, time consuming, and agitating to move around and make liquid again.

If we started exchanging goods and services to one-another in exchange for these vary crypto it won't matter what they let us do.

Honestly the first thing I thought of after getting off the phone was this was just the first step in complete and utter damage control.

Banks are on suicide watch now I guess.

reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7q2hws/capitalone_started_banning_crypto_exchange/

Shit, I have a capital one card. Only other cc I have is discover.

SO that reddit is starting to flood with similar reports. Looks like Capital One and its higher ups are in for a shit storm.

Lol, they're one of the biggest banks in the world. Nobody gives a shit about not being able to buy crypto.

Wont save them from the mob of angry normies coming down on their social media pages and shitting up the place.

So you hand people gold bars for your crypto?
Unless you get prepaid credit cards, your information is always there.

>your effected
you're affected

Link to 'different communities' or bullshit. I already know this is fake because I already google'd it, but this is just so everyone else knows its fake.

how long until small time local banks follow suit?
don't have an account with any mainstream banks

reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/search?q=capital one&sort=new&restrict_sr=on

Enjoy. This is only Reddit, one single crappy site and its starting to flood with the issue.

Can confirm that this works.

Unfortunately this is the only way I know how to get my USD into ether or LTC or whatever I'm taking off of coinbase. You have to get the card activated and wait for a short period and then afterwards coinbase will post the test transactions and you will reply to their 2FA shit and you're in.

good thing i already maxed out my capital one credit card buying btc

That means they are going to stop nothing, people will just go do that or something similar by withdrawing the balance from the account. Credit or otherwise, either way, it will work.

Yeah probably won't stop a whole lot in the end but I bet they did it for some sort of monetary or upcoming regulatory reason. Land of the free....

Supposedly you can get the Amazon Debit or Credit card and just transfer the funds into your Amazon balance and move the funds accordingly as well.

You may still be able to transfer USD over to Coinbase, but sounds like they are just blocking Coinbase all together.
Time to go on Twitter and tell them they're anti-LGBTBBarQ for blocking the transaction.

lol they are just mad they didn't buy ethereum when it was a few dollars and all poor nerds who knew it had good fundamentals did (or the older dudes who bought bitcoin early). They are so fucking salty they can't control the market that they are just blocking us from cashing out.

Bitcoin ATM’s. You got a 7-11 by you?

Capital One's market is generally subprime - people who don't make good decisions and have hard times paying debt off. They don't want to 'lend' you money where there's a good chance you'll lose it.

Banks showing us exactly why we should have control over our own assets. How nice.

Sounds fake, isn't that illegal or something?

I just got an email that Coinbase rejected my purchase because of my bank. Try buying $5.00 worth of anything.

So I guess this is the first battle of the crypto meme war.

I'm not with these captial one people so I can't try. Seems really weird.

this slows the normie money from entering all in one swift movement. it allows us to accumulate and also sell out huge bags over time, isin't capital one kind

I guess it's time to move my shit to another bank.

What about bank transfers / buys on Coinbase through a checking account? I have Capital One.. if they want to try to ban crypto purchases fuck them. I'll close my accounts.

Binance doesn't deal in fiat retard.

Buying crypto on credit SHOULD be banned.
A bank controlling how you use demand deposits/bank transfers/debit, however is retarded.

and that there newfriend has been the target since blockchain.info/block-index/14849

FFS people. People need to start conducting business in crypto. Stop thinking about getting rich quick and start thinking about bringing down the system. If more people thought like that we would all be richer than you ever imagined.

Just tried to purchase but it was cancelled by the bank. Fuck Capital One.

capital 1 is a scam card anyway. They generally charge fees and are targeted to losers and women.

>tell them they're anti-LGBTBBarQ for blocking the transaction
Really the only way to get corporations to do anything. Anything to avoid being called racist or homophobic.

You need to buy EGAS and hold it long term, it has huge potential. 13M Max supply and it costs pennies right now. Great concept and active twitter. mooncoin material.
Take a look@ coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethgas/

>They generally charge fees

? I'm living abroad and they don't even charge overseas fees.

Fuck them for this shit though.

SHORT COF

Are Wells Fargo credit cards owned by Capital One?

I really like EGAS, it looks like a scamcoin but even if it is, at this price it can still go 10x before it gets dumped. check it out.

looks like changelly is still working. Better than nothing I guess.

>Local bitcoins dot com

Never meet in private with anyone with russian accent

I really like EGAS, it looks like a scamcoin but even if it is, at this price it can still go 10x before it gets dumped. check it out.