Can someone explain crypto in easy to understand words to a brainlet like me? Why gives cryptocurrency vlue? Like...

Can someone explain crypto in easy to understand words to a brainlet like me? Why gives cryptocurrency vlue? Like, literally it's someone saying "I now have 10000000 bullshitcoin, wanna buy some?". What gives value to an arbitrary number?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metcalfe's_law
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_application
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disruptive_innovation
fee.org/articles/what-gave-bitcoin-its-value/
bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I would say a combination of:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metcalfe's_law
>hype
>speculation
>shilling
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_application
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disruptive_innovation

>green energy

supply and demand

What gives usd value. It's just imaginary 0s and 1s mostly, and occsionally printed on some paper. Once you figure that out, apply some critical thinking and figure it out for yourself.

DYOR on how markets work. Most things have inflated value. Figures, rare cards and collectables, antiques-- these only have value because they are few and people enjoy having rare things.

Crypto is available for all people to buy so they speculate on buying in early and figuring demand will only go up by others also speculating. That's it.

Ofc each crypto is different in terms of what it does, they're not all just Bitcoin copies I hope you realize that and aren't a retard that just thinks companies are making bs currencies. If you spent 5 minutes researching a few different tokens you would realize this is essentially betting on which companies will become relevant down the road.

The fact that it is a state-issued currency.

aqua sure is dumb

it's easy.
buy high.
sell low.

What gives them any value to begin with? What's the backbone that makes the first customer say "yes, I think your out of thin air number has some sort of worth"?

>giving power to the state

>shitcoin x might someday be used to do x and might therefore some day be valued at x.

Basically greater fool theory, just like anything without intrinsic value like
>gold

Get it brainlet?

>might someday be used to do x
How is x something that you'd only be able to do with shitcoin x and not literally with any currency?

You need USD to pay taxes in the US. You need to pay taxes to not get arrested. Therefore USDs have value.

nocoiner detected.
enjoy your ultimate shitcoin, goyim.

You'd think it would be obvious from the OP I'm a nocoiner.

was just shitposting at first, but reading your reply, i realized that you still belive in (((dollar)))

>why do you believe in currency regulated by law instead of something created by an anonymous online swindler with nothing to back it up

fee.org/articles/what-gave-bitcoin-its-value/

Serious good read

only thing backing up dollar right now is pic related. China is about to flip the table, US economy is dying and crypto is just another hole on a broken jar.
btw what you think about the chart price of the dollar i posted?

Yup, USD will stop being the currency of the world before the end of this year if things keep going like they are right now.

Yes, other people want your USDs, giving them value
If people want your shitcoin it has value.

state-issued currency by itself doesn't make it valuable
See Zimbabwe and Venezuela for an example.

>created by an anonymous online swindler with nothing to back it up

Bitch don't ask for people to explain this stuff to you if you adopt this arrogant attitude towards someone 10 times more intelligent than you. Read the fucking whitepaper and get off your high score you imbecile piece of shit bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

A reason to dump it for crypto

I find it amusing how this innovative technology has led to people making loads of money on DOGE and PickleRick Coins