Predictions for 2018? Why so much belief that this will be the next big coin?

Predictions for 2018? Why so much belief that this will be the next big coin?

Other urls found in this thread:

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethgas/
youtube.com/watch?v=N1Hs2AQwDgA
youtube.com/watch?v=HgtLj7zarGc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>being this new

20k by 2020

It should be top dog, unless the banks and WS own so much BTC that they can manipulate it now.

~$4-6k in 2018

You have to go back

what does this mean

90% of all cryptos is an erc-20 token

can there please just be a huge dip when I get my paycheck next week. please

Alts depend on ETH, one they don’t exist. It’s becoming too big to fail.

what happens when all those shitcoins eth spawned collapse and leave suicidal bagholders?

As someone only invested in ETH, BTC, and Monero I will laugh. That's what will happen

same, i only ride erc20 shittokens for more btc like any sane person in crypto

my humble opinion/prediction is that eth will be big in 2018 and then slowly die. its too much of a patchwork, bolt on as we go project no matter how many supposed geniuses work on it. to be the backbone of the future economy you need something that is designed and built from the start to be able to address future problems, not recognize them afterwards and add solutions to a limited and broken platform. eth is a fucking frankenstein platform

Is that a pyramid or Ponzi scheme?

>same, i only ride erc20 shittokens for more btc like any sane person in crypto

why would you bet on BTC?

it has no scaling pipeline, it's fucked for the foreseeable future

>patchwork platform
what do you mean? software is always iterative

>same, i only ride erc20 shittokens for more btc like any sane person in crypto
not riding shitcoins to increase your ethereum stack

ETH is doing x10 run this year
get in now or cry later

this

im betting on btc (and monero) for first mover advantage and network effect, and it still being the most decentralized, manipulation resistant and secure network crypto has. as soon as shit hits the fan btc will be the go to. as for eth my point is that it's just shit design from the start, others will learn from their mistakes and build something better. also there are a lot of other methodologies besides iterative dev

When you consider that 80 out of the top 100 coins run on Ethereum then if ETH dies crypto market dies.

>cry because of missed 10x
>thinks nothing else will 10x to 100x this year

This is the new bitcoin
and the new ethereum is stellar

yeah that is worrying and why i'm hoping for a slow death for eth

You’re an idiot. ETH is the best thing in crypto.

Shh let natural selection take its course. If people are still too brain dead and unable to see ethereum's potential, they do not deserve to reap the benefits at all

Hoping for more of the same. Nice steady gains, continued drinking of BTC's milkshake, eventual flippening and top spot get.

thanks for bringing actual arguments/points/facts to the table
damn that some high horse you're sitting on, now go jerk each other off on plebbit

Ok user. Hit me with some legitimate FUD and I will undoubtedly have a response for you.

$16k EOY. Screencap this

$16k EOY. Screencap this.

Whether Ethereum is good or not, these posts do not make sense. Bitcoin is effectively the most manipulated coin out there due to the influence/centralisation of miners. And secondly, 'iterative development' is a concept which relates to single instances of software development, not to extremely large projects which comprise multiple subprojects, involve 10s of k's of developers, and which span years/decades. Operating Systems are also like 'patchworks' due to their massive complexity and timescale. It is impossible to avoid this. Expecting a blockchain implementation to be applicable to any domain, while remaining at the cutting edge, is extremely naive.

1.solidity?
2.no separate contexts for code execution?
3.turing completeness? just waiting for something to either halt or run out of gas, combine that with no separate contexts, how retarded is that?
4.vitalik spending his waking hours on reddit/twitter?
5. cryptokitties?
6. DAO and parity hacks?

i'm sure there is more, however most of my skepticism about eth comes from my belief that in the future there will be better/advanced platforms

Will I make it to a million. I feel like I'm running out of time.

btc is the only coin that has really been tested/attacked on large scale and survived every time. some see this as manipulation, i see it as btc just standing up every time after someone tried to knock it out. what is not naive is expecting good design before just racing off to code something. being naive is trying to compensate for shit design of the underlying protocol with changes later on, when, as you said the massive complexity will likely cause changes to affect everything, even if unintended

Anywhere from $2000 per ETH to $5000 per ETH due to supply shortage for proof of stake lockins. That's if the demand stays the same, if normies go all in ETH we're going straight to the warp20

Patrician portfolio man. I used to be 50% BTC 30% ETH 20% XMR, now I've flipped btc and eth around

out of time for what?

Pink wojaks everywhere.
McDonalds will be overwhelmed with job apps.
Funeral Industry moons.

> attacks on Bitcoin
You reckon that Ethereum, an ecosystem which comprises billions of dollars, isn't attacked constantly? The benefit of trustless consensus is that it's inherently resistant to attack. Ethereum is just as secure as Bitcoin.

> Shit design
What shit design within the protocol? If you're talking about the additions of things within EIPs
like PoS, ZKSNARKS, new Opcodes, you realise that these are being invented in realtime? How do you expect a protocol design to foresee things that haven't been invented yet? Of course new inventions can only be added retroactively. The same thing applies to other protocols like HTTP, TCP/IP and so on. The key thing is that there's a governance hierarchy in place which allows for these new developments, and no other community in crypto has anything half as effective as that of Ethereum. Bitcoin is going to die because of this governance issue.

Just buy EGAS and hold it...13mil max supply and the price is sub $0.10 - at $1 it will only be 13mil market cap and even if it turns out to be a scamcoin thats still 10x returns.
Take a look@ coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethgas/

i'll eat a shoe if this is not over 5k eoty
screencap this and remind me later if need be

>being that new

>96000
i just put everything in ETH
will i make it?

i agree with you on a few points, however how are those changes introduced? Countless hard forks. also see 2 and 3 here for severe deficiencies in terms of effectiveness, scalability and general logic. eth will be replaced by a a self amending protocol with actual scalable consensus and a more elegant solution to running code on a blockchain

Overtake btc market cap by April.

Overtake btc value by July (mainly due to btc value falling to $5-8k)

Each ETH will be $2000 ish

>Overtake btc value by July (mainly due to btc value falling to $5-8k)
>Each ETH will be $2000 ish
what are you even talking about?

>2000ish
ok schlomo

ethereum is the new ponzi

$32,999 eoy

>Each ETH will be $2000 ish
this will happen early february though

> Will be
It is. It just keeps getting bigger.

He's taking supply into account.

Eths fees are getting almost as bad as bitcoin if it rises much more $8 to send 2000

no, he separated market cap (what takes supply into account) from value, which would be the absolute value per coin

Can anyone help me understand something ?

Am I better off just having ETH or investing my ETH into something smaller ?

>the next big coin

>can someone please predict the future for me

?
If BTC falls to 5k per coin, and ETH grows to 2k per coin, then it will have overtaken BTC in both price per coin, and marketcap. I presume he means 'value for coin'.

PS Eth just hit ATH on Polo

ETH and heres why
1. Its only going up, more than that its garunteed to go up, as more and more currencies use ETH for their starter tokens ETH value continues to rise, it is easily the safest and most stable currency right now.
2. ETH is introducing proof of stake to their wallet, hopefully soon, the more ETH you have staking in your wallet, the more money you make in annual dividends. If you have enough initial capital you could be making enough money from staking each year, to live off of indefinitely. Accumulate now while its still relatively cheap, stake it and make money for free when the wallet is updated.

1400+ by the end of the day

Newfag here trying to learn, normie friends are telling me to not invest into ETH because it has "scalability issues" and go with LTC because it has big plans for next year and it will continue to grow like crazy. Are they baiting me?

I'm a noob to all this. I'm trying to learn whether it's better to hold a big coin or if for example investing in REQ and ETH climbs to the expected levels will this have an affect on my return or is it only reliant on the REQ price ?

>LTC
>is it b8

make new friends

Majority of investing is in ETH with some minor day trading moon missions with other alts. I do think BTC could make some gains during this year if alt coins burn enough people.

Yeah, baiting. It is true to say that Ethereum does have developments to make re: scalability, but the reason for this is that it currently accounts for more daily transactions than all other blockchains put together. I.e. it's being used a lot. Secondly, the Ethereum community is actually working on scalability in a coherent manner, so it will be a solved problem before long.

25% ETH 25% BCH 50% XMR

Alright thanks for the info. I told them I was making a small investment just to start out so maybe that's why they said LTC instead of ETH?

why in the fuck is my transfer taking so goddamn long holy fucking shit

When do people think sharding, pos is coming? Q4?

Orc

Hahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

Do the opposite of normies (since they're being shilled by propaganda on the news and twitter/FB sock puppets) when they are greedy it's close to time to sell, when they are FUDing it's time to buy

just hit ATH

ooooooweeeeeee

youtube.com/watch?v=N1Hs2AQwDgA

youtube.com/watch?v=HgtLj7zarGc

I think we will get a proper Casper testnet end of mid-end of February (Current testnet is an alpha testnet) followed by mainnet June/July.

First appearance of sharding probably Q4 2018 - Q2 2019

Fucking dip already

A hybrid PoS/PoW scheme will be launched before full PoS, this year. Something like every 1000 transactions will be PoS.