Not botting on coss

>not botting on coss

There is probably like 1 other dude and me abusing spreads with bots on coss and i made so much money its getting ridiculous

Other urls found in this thread:

google.de/search?q=navigate web page python
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethgas/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do you mean the kin spread? Been making $300/day doing this for the last month.

teach me senpai

how to bot?

this

i am at 1k a day, but i do bot all pairs

>not capable of writing a simple script that clicks buttons on a website

enligten us brainlets you are like a god among us, bringing knowledge to the unwashed masses

or tell me what i should go google

this
>tfw wanted to code when i was 15 but could not into
>revisited and saw HTML code recently. made sense was kinda able to read it

i... is there hope user?

Well done the more volume the bigger my dividends keep it up!

why do you want to kill the spread by telling more people to do it?

html is not a scripting language, nor is it even hard to read if you know the absolute basics

>HTML code

i know but im saying after years of not looking at anything computer related further than upgrading my phone, i was able to get into it with much greater ease this time cunts

It's OK, good on you.

>still thinks a bot is really clicking on a button
They're making API calls

Learn some python and/or javascript + nodejs if you want to write an easy bot, thank me later

i will also thank you now, thank you user, any direction is greatly appreciated

recently got a job where my boss is wealthy and willing to finance a crypto laden future, but knows nothing about it

he is having me build him mining, rigs, trade, etc, i need to learn everything i possibly can, it can be our moon ticket and i want to take care of my family

if youre actually making ridiculous money why would you post it here and ruin it??

BURST, Etherium and Monero.

for mining? i just picked up 4x rx580 8gb cards and have the rest of a rig being shipped now, he wants 10+ by eoy, first will be for eth i think

what pairs are making you the most?

because no one here will bother, been telling people for a week now and no one seems to care. Also, i made tons of money off this already.

kin, ark and lisk work pretty well, but i make profit on any pair. I scale my positions based on volume and ignore the coss pairs.

>Know how to program
>Don't know finance or investing to apply strategies

my first version was super simple, it just checked each pair in the pairs column and put a buy at the current buy price + 10% of the spread to the sell price. If I had a balance on it, it would place a sell 10% lower of the spread to the buy.

Then it went to the next pair.

The funny thing is, even though i literally tell you how to do it, you wont. This shit literally retired me, money is meaningless.

I have no idea how to code
Any resources to learn asap for this bot?
How long do I have and will I make it from learning now to implementing to coss?

What is the size of coss fees?

if i knew how to code that much id look into this. Ive hita couple arbitrages manually but it sucks relying on my fat fingers.

I always though biz had the /g/ crowd, it is where cryptothreads started from.

google.de/search?q=navigate web page python

codecademy helps you to learn the absolute basics and if you run into an issue, just google it. If you can google you can write programs.

depends on your trade volume, you start out with 0.2% and go down to something like 0.05%

have fun making your taxes with those trades.

not understanding how this can make you profit?

>

I can make the bot but I'm a finance brainlet and have no idea what you guys actually make it do

>put +10% sell and -10% buy on every pair
>update prices in the mean time
>wait
is that it?

So if the highest bid for, say, ark, was 0.00012 btc and the lowest sell was 0.00015 you'd place a bid for 0.000123?

>assuming everyone is a burger
Tax free under € 25k bby

i pay 5% profit on each trade and around 1% of all my investments each year. won't be an issue. Hopefully cointracking will add coss support soon, that would make it easier.

make sure to go with a percentage of the spread and deduct that from your sell order/add it to your buy order, otherwise you may get played one day.

my percentages are a bit different now, but yes thats all it did in version 1. It didnt even remove orders or anything for a bit, until i got around to it.

I've only got a 150 or so COSS is it even worth it to spread trade with margins that low? I know how to do all this day trading shit but my stack is too low to make it worth it.

This sounds interesting.

How often do you make losing trades? Say your buy order executes, then the coin dumps and your sell order never executes.

I suppose if the exchange has large enough spreads, statistically you should make money on average even if you lose on some trades.

Does Coss have a developer API?

propably not, even if you double every few days it would take a while to get to something substantial with 150 coss. The spreads are pretty good though, pic related.

i would say 1 to 2 % of my trades are losses, if that happens i just transfer the coins to another exchange and sell it there via market.

When coss had issues with the capacity of their eth node, you could make tons of money with the eth/ltc pair, since people panicsold to get their profits out.

no

I really like EGAS, it looks like a scamcoin but even if it is, at this price it can still go 10x before it gets dumped. check it out.
Take a look@ coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethgas/

COSS is a scam do not fall for the FOMO

I don't get it, so your bot puts a buy order and directly after a sell order after that when the spread is big ?

do you immediately resell your purchases?

how can you build a bot if they don't have an API
?

wondering this too lol

it just places buy and sells and checks if it is still first in line. Every few days i check if some coins are "stuck" meaning they went below the buy in.
i dont sell directly into the market, but if i get something via buy order, it is being put as a sell order on the upper end of the spread, so around 15 to 20% higher.

>google.de/search?q=navigate web page python

shit larp thread to shill coss. fuck off cancer

Keyboard/mouse macros?

That's what i think but then again im a brainlet

The bot is probably scraping elements within the HTML and parsing them accordingly. Some preliminary research shows the price of buys / sells is in the same place.

The bot probably just grabs the HTML elements and manipulates them for now. Like a user bot, moreso than one that works on an API.

It's likely the UI update will break the bot until the correct elements are scraped, no?

>i dont sell directly into the market
>it is being put as a sell order on the upper end of the spread

I'm missing something here. How are you not selling directly into the market? You place it back on the exchange right?

i sold my Link on coss for like $2.20 per, probably the highest it’ll ever go

>It's likely the UI update will break the bot until the correct elements are scraped, no?
good call, yeah likely. It shouldn't be too hard to change the references for grabbing prices and such though.

yeah, i mean it puts a sell and does not sell into a buy order. I just sit it out and update the order accordingly.

surely this would only work in a bull market?

>yeah, i mean it puts a sell and does not sell into a buy order.
Ah so you mean once you've filled the buy order the price is updated via the sell orders and placed back on, rather than matching a buy order? Sorry if these questions are stupid, but I'm new to this and it seems pretty interesting.

been working for a few months now, although it pretty much was a bull market all this time, so i guess time will tell.

yeah basically, as soon as i have the coins i place it a percentage of the spread below the sell price.

buy at 0.1
then sell at 0.12

this works because the spreads are so high there, but you could do it on other exchanges too, you would just have to place orders a bit above the current lowest sell and it may not work as well.

I can't code so I was manually abusing the spread on COSS shittoken throughout the whole November. Literally 16 hours a day I kept refreshing the page and moving my orders. Started with $200, cashed out $2-3k, which gave me a nice boost since I started with merely $800. Now sitting at $40k. Though I was losing sanity, I kinda regret I didn't continue. But I still maintain that COSS is shit with no future and this is just an obvious pump and dump.

Can you explain step by step for a brainlet how this works?

Hopefully you have good quality code and can just overwrite a simple variable once the new UI drops.

Trading bots never 100% guarantee gains, so the market itself doesn't necessarily apply at these speeds. However, it can make for purchase trends (trending gains or losses).

What a bot should do - optimally - is some type of predictive analysis. Say, "How likely is it that this price will increase in the next minute?" If it is above a certain threshold, then it should place the sell order. If it isn't, then it should perform a backup strategy to minimize losses.

This is how professional bots work, except they analyze on the millisecond level. A sample bot descriptor would be "if I am 80% confident or more that the price will increase in the next 10 milliseconds, place the sell order".

It's the same concept for a buy order, just looking for decreases.

cant make it much more simple desu, if you know how to program, just try out the routine mentioned above, otherwise google how to navigate websites using python.

>Hopefully you have good quality code and can just overwrite a simple variable once the new UI drops.
more or less, if it wont work for some reaosn i will just stop doing this, but i am confident that it will work out.

Why did you choose COSS?

Wow what the fuck its still going up. Thinking about selling once the UI drops and then buy it back when it cools down.

20 to 30% spreads and people buy and sell into walls

No i mean, what are you actually doing when you say abuse the spread? Do you mean buying 1 coin on one exchange then moving it to another? I'm brand new sorry :(

no, i literally buy low, sell high, check the orderbooks on the lower volume coins on coss for extreme examples

So, you buy the coin at a lower price, place the coin at a higher price on the same COSS exchange, and then hope that people market buy into it?

When I think about it, I wouldn't even try this at pairs with very low volume, because the chance of my sell order getting filled is low.
Do you set some minimum volume threshold?

I've never use this shitty exchange.

What exactly is it you do and what about this particular exchange makes it work?

Bump

Great thread man, I got a lot out of what you've written - question though.. is it the relatively small volume of coss (~900k USD) that creates the windows for you to operate in because the price is more violently moving due to small volume?

Could you give me a gestalt on what the key indicators you look for when you're finding a coin to basically frequency trade with?

Thanks again for posting

I still don't understand. Why would people consistently allowe OP's bot to buy low and sell high? Why does the bot consistently win, when bots don't generally win on other exchanges, even on the highest volatility coins?

You're assuming he is telling the truth

I'm just giving the benefit of the doubt. I'm registering on all but the scummiest exchanges at the moment, just to be able to buy the maximum number of small coins. If for some retarded reason, people on Coss literally buy high and sell low, I'll take their money, with or without bot.

I'm not OP, but from my understanding, he is exploiting the high bid/ask spreads on COSS. This method wouldn't work on a larger exchange with low spreads.

historically coss turned to shit and people sold at a loss to get off the exchange. there was a point last year where it was coss vs kucoin as the hot new exchange and kucoin won

How do you exploit those? If I buy a coin at 5 cryptoshekels, and everyone only buys it at 5, but everyone only sells it at 10, then how is this good for me? This actually makes it harder to sell at a profit because people sell super high and buy super low.

I literally do not understand what the fuck is meant here.

It could be because coss is getting fairly big jumps in the price in a short period of time. Personally I believe in high frequency trades holding potential because it's how it works on the old stock market.

Volatility is potential and we have loads of volatility.. I've only had a passing intellectual interest in this until recently because I didn't like the old world stock market at all because the dice felt loaded.

That much said the principal's of old world stock market do kinda apply here so it doesn't hurt to fully explore all options. Especially if he's not lying, I've made a recent commitment to 'doing coins properly' which consists of investigating all angles and actually reading/watching what coin devs are on about rather than leaning on biz do that work for me and just buying what is recommended here.

I buy what I see on biz based on how pajeet the information I encounter seems, I've been around since long before chan so I trust my instincts when it comes to this place and how you guys communicate which makes me feel comfortable when discerning what I read here. I guess I'm saying I think I can profit based on the amount of years I've wasted shit posting in online communities, which is a gamble in itself.

The moar we know! :)

Oh and the cme futures seem to have reigned btc in so there's some evidence to confirm that bits of the old world really are effecting this new world.

So true

High volatility does not help a bot to decide which trades are profitable and which aren't. In fact, high volatility makes bots perform worse. My question stands.

If you buy at 5 cryptoshekels, that means someone else is on the other side of that trade selling at 5.
A 5/10 spread would be crazy, but in this example he would make a limit buy order at 5.5 and wait for it to fill. Then after it fills, Make a sell order at 9.5 and wait. Obviously it isn't guaranteed to fill, but on average you might be able to make a profit. I haven't tried this but I might.

But why the fuck would a higher spread (=bigger gap to be overcome before your sell order is filled) be beneficial to this strategy?

more profit?

I guess I'm saying if you set buy orders at 0.000180-190 and sells at 0.000220-250+ you'd be winning assuming all went well. Trading that close would be nerve racking but when I was holding storm I noticed a very consistent sell wall and buying opportunities occurring in dips near that wall.

I saw some other anons discussing this a while ago and they had some compelling points but imo the closer the buy/sell orders are that you set the more you'd want to monitor it.

Personally after running 12 character bot parties in an old MMORPG (lineage 2) I concluded that bots must be monitored closely or you run risk of automation fucking you in the arse. I'd remotely log in to my home computer from work to monitor them, so I'd treat bot frequency trading the same way.

Set the orders, then start cleaning my house and check back every 3-10 minutes untill I learned the patterns then increase my afk time until I was ideally only checking my bots 5-10 times per 24 hours.

Why would he buy at 5.5, isn't that above the "average" of 5? Similarly, why sell at 9.5 and not 10.5 if avg is 10? Yes I'm a retard thanks

If I was making ~$50 per day from frequency trading averaged over a month I'd with an average of 3 hours per day spent fucking around configuring and researching coins, I'd consider that time well spent. Especially if it put me in the running to make huge money on the right coins on the right days. Gotta be in it to win it..

I'd much rather do that than wage cuck.

you realize it's impossible for an average buy to be 5 and average sell to be 10... every trade has 2 sides. if the spread is really big, that means the order book is thin, so the bot is adding buy and sell orders to the order book and hoping people market sell/buy into those orders.

i do very well with only checking it once per day and even then it usually runs without problems. However if coss has some update i would need to stop it of course.

How many trades do you end up usually making a day on COSS? It seems to me like it would take forever to get an order filled.

Also, so you don't have problems with the price of coins dropping after buying? For example say the ask/bid is 0.15/0.17. You buy at 0.152, then place a sell order at 0.168.

But then instead of staying the same, the price drops to like 0.13/0.15.. Now you have to sell at 0.148. This doesn't happen often?

this op literally sucks dicks just go purchase a gunbot and rake in the shekels op couldn't js his way out of a paper bag

>t. full stack web dev

sort of depends, i had days with only 50 (buys and sells total) and 160.
It happens from time to time, but usually i get my sell through higher than i bought in for. Around 1 to 2% of the trades are losses.

You just need to make sure to spread your portfolio to all pairs and size according to volume.

What does spreas exactly mean?