Tell me Veeky Forums, is community college a good financial decision...

tell me Veeky Forums, is community college a good financial decision? It's $2200 + books for each semester and that's all the money I have in my savings right now as a wagecuck. I'm already depressed from seeing what little money I've been saving up being pissed away so I can go to some shitty little college RIGHT next to my old high school, but then again I don't know what else to do with it.
My plan right now is to just transfer to a 4-year for accounting but I don't know what the fuck I'm doing desu

Only if you actually use it well, don't do a meme degree and don't waste the fucking money because Uni is expensive as fuck.

Only if you're doing STEM, and only if you love STEM.

Why would you go to college if you don't have a career in mind? Lmao I can't believe the college meme in America is this powerful.

College is a tool, a stepping stone on your way to a goal. Don't go there if you don't have your life figured out.

Being educated and poor is better than being uneducated and poor.

only go to school if you are actually going to study and do well in all of your classes. if you aren't ready to do that, work at starbucks for a year first, then go.

learning a trade is also a good option if you're destined to wagecuck forever. electricians, welders, plumbers, HVAC engineers etc make pretty good money

>Why would you go to college if you don't have a career in mind?
There are literally people I know in an "exploratory" major. It means you just do random coursework and find shit that interests you. Yes, they are paying FULL COLLEGE TUITION to TEST SHIT.

thank god for stem, I know exactly what I'm paying for

>Don't go there if you don't have your life figured out.
CC's are literally where you go to shit around for a few years and do that.

If you don't know anyone in the accounting field then I suggest not doing it. I have a bachelors in accounting and I am having trouble getting a job. This may depend on where you live and how many accounting positions, but in Pittsburgh it is thought and nepotism is rampant.

You don't need to spend thousands of dollars to get an education. You do however need to spend thousands of dollars to pay for the opportunity to be certified as a good worker peon by the college industrial complex.

OP, figure out what you want to do with internet/real life research, and then figure out if you absolutely NEED a degree to continue. If the answer is no, fuck the degree. Independently learning through reading, research, and networking > spending money to essentially do the same thing but get graded.

If a one programmer is more knowledgeable/personable, and the other programmer has qualifications, a good boss will take the better guy. A bad boss will choose qualifications. Be aware however, there are more bad bosses than good in that context

>Only if you're doing STEM, and only if you love STEM.
which classes can I take to tell if I like STEM or not? basically just math + physics right?

>Why would you go to college if you don't have a career in mind
I just want to get out of retail and into some sort of desk job, and from what I've seen you generally need a degree for that, as stupid as it is

>If you don't know anyone in the accounting field then I suggest not doing it
I don't know anyone in any field, besides my dad who works with IT/database shit. Is my best option to just drop everything else and do exactly what he does?

Bachelor level:
Engineering
Computer Science
Applied Math / Statistics + coding
Accounting
Finance + accounting classes(minor)

Those are the only majors that matter at the bachelor level where you can get a job. Science, social science, and Math only get good at the Master's level. Liberal Arts can get you in huge debt with no increase in job opportunity. If you do major in Liberal arts, you better start getting your teaching credentials. Obviously, the ones at the bachelor level get even better at the Master's level with higher job opportunities; Especially accounting and finance.

CS, math, physics, chem, bio, etc

>If a one programmer is more knowledgeable/personable, and the other programmer has qualifications, a good boss will take the better guy. A bad boss will choose qualifications. Be aware however, there are more bad bosses than good in that context

Depends on where you apply, but most of the medium to large companies have an HR department that looks at the resumes and decides who should get that interview. HR's first check list is to look at the education and/or experience. The boss doesn't even see the job applications. Maybe in a small company, but good luck with that.

>bio
>stem

uhm..
bio-engineer, but that's about it

pirate you books you shitter.

I did that on a laptop.

I'm going to try but now they're using online Pearson.edu things that require a unique code to use, and each code is like 100 bucks + mandatory for the class.

OP are you from Canada?

not all textbooks are easy to pirate senapi

Narrow minded retard. Play to your strengths.
>good at writing
>go to journalism school, get better, write for newspapers
>transition to PR world
>write for private institutions, corporations, energy industry co-ops, etc...

Ffs look at Hill and Knowlton. It's a global PR firm that crushes it.

You don't have to go strictly STEM. Just don't be a retard.

community college is shit, you will be judged negatively for having gone to one. if you think it will help with employment or something, it wont, in fact anyone will look at it and immediately toss your application into the trash.

nah, US.

>chem, bio
I'll never take a bio/chem class again voluntarily
>physics
got an A in highschool but never studied it in my spare time
>math
same as physics
>CS
tried programming with java/c#/python numerous times and it never grabbed me enough to keep me studying it in my free time

I don't want a meme degree but I feel like I'd get steamrolled because I don't have an innate passion for engineering or math like other kids do

These were my student loans user

What journalism school did you go to?

College and the "Tracked Path" is a literal fucking joke. Now that I am so removed from it I realize more and more how much wasted time I spent there.

Find an interest or a hobby and build something on top of it.

A good one. University of Florida.

Have you tried to start your own column or sent samples & applied to write for other columns?

Do you think that someone at a lower level school would have the same success as you?

Go get a sales job. I make 100k-200k a year in 3-4 months. My particular job will never get replaced by a robot, and my income is adjusted automatically for inflation. I get a percentage of the contract price (18%-30%) and the insurance software is inflation and demand adjusted (Xactimate). I was in college, but took a job doing this as a summer job. Made 80k in 2 months and never looked back.

No. Fuck editorial writing. I write objectively and tell other people's stories - not my own. I might change it up one day when I have more to say, but right now I would look like a prick spewing irrelevant bullshit.

Potentially. Journalism is about clips. I made great connections at my school (my journalism professor/mentor/reference was the expert witness in Hulk Hogan's sex tape lawsuit) but if you don't get it out there and start reporting/writing no one will give a fuck

If your dad can get you a job in IT then yes that is a great opportunity. People in would kill for that.

>i literally pay 3€/year to go to college

It's a smart choice to go to a JC that is closely related to a 4yr Uni if you plan on getting a bachelors. It's cheaper and there are many schools where you can finish the core curriculum (so easy it is a joke at JC) before transferring to the Uni.

You don't have to go write at a political outlet. You could tell others stories via Journalism. A buddy of mine does that for NatGeo.

That would be great. I just was initially very interested in covering hard news. Government, economy..

Now I mainly write features and am also a skilled photographer so something like that isn't out of the question.

...although those Disney kikes did buy nat geo

Do you think that someone who spent their whole undergrad studying literature would do well in Journalism school as opposed to someone who studied, say, communications?

No. Reporting is extremely unique and will set you up to be more effective at any type of communications gig.

Hahaha yeah. Tranny children got put on NatGeo covers shortly after that too.

Really makes you think....

>Bachelor level:
>Engineering
>Computer Science
>Applied Math / Statistics + coding
>Accounting
>Finance + accounting classes(minor)

Strong this. Would add that finance is only strong at a Top 30 University in America. Marketing and Operations are strong as well if you goto a Top 10 Undergrad Business school.

>My plan right now is to just transfer to a 4-year for accounting but I don't know what the fuck I'm doing desu

That's not a bad idea.

>Do VITA at CC
>Get as much accounting BS on your resume
>Get leadership positions on resume
>Transfer to 4yr uni with accounting recruitment
>Practice behavioral questions
>Get 3.3+ GPA

If you do that and manage to be beta enough to seem "trainable" and not scare of normies, you'll be rewarded decent job where you will work 80+ hr a week and have a promotional path.

Accounting is the most "safe" career path, with the most recruitment from many different UNIs.

If you are smarter than the average person and can get into a legit business school (top 10) then you could do Finance instead. It's more interesting and the recruitment is more stiff but still doable if you got the right personality.

>Bio
>Biology
>Biology is
>Biology is a
>Biology is a science

What does the S in STEM stand for again?