Literal retard here, lost my phone with like 8 2FA codes on it for different exchanges on my first night out in Bangkok...

Literal retard here, lost my phone with like 8 2FA codes on it for different exchanges on my first night out in Bangkok, what do?

If I buy a new iPhone can I restore the google auth app with codes? Please respond

Other urls found in this thread:

encrypgen.com/?page_id=32496
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yuurrrrr fuuuuuucked buddy

Did you save your 2FA secret codes anywhere?

OMFGG hahahahahahahahahha RIP

I’ve got like 3 of them, but that’s not even half

I had the same problem. Contacted support on all my exchanges and it took ~4 months to get corrected but I did regain access to all the accounts. It was easy though because I was ID verified in all of them.

If you have not saved your secret codes you are in trouble, since google auth has no auto restore function,

You will be able to contact support and retrieve access for verified accounts, but if you had unverified accounts you are probably fucked.

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH NOOOOOO IM HALFWAY THROUGH SHITCOIN TRADES IT CANT TAKE THAT THAT LONG

You're fucked. If you've still got a PC or laptop with tabs open for your exchanges, you might be able to get a family member to cash out. Otherwise, consider your money dead.

I'd invest some serious money into tracking down your phone. If you're on eight exchanges, you must have at least $50K stored there. Track that shit down.

Contact each one of them with the situation ASAP, the sooner you start the sooner it will get sorted.

Then you can restore those accounts. You dun goofed. I live in Thailand by the way. Which places are you going to visit

Save your fucking keys DICK HEAD.
Jesus christ, it's because of incompetent fucktards like you that exchanges have a massive backlog of support tickets, fuck you.

a night out in Thailand you take a burner phone man.

This is why I never leave the house

Yes, you can if you have backup codes.

Had to restore my phone last summer, didn't know that authenticator loses everything after phone restore. Took about a month to regain access to all my accounts.
Separated my whole portfolio into tradable short term and HODL. Keep all the hodl coin on hardware paper.

IF I HAVE A PICTURE OF THE ORIGINAL QR CODE THATS FINE RIGHT?
i have not lost my phone but i fear i may wake up and it be bricked daily

picture is fine too

i wiped a phone and forgot about my 2fa codes. bittrex was able to remove the 2fa from my account by giving them transaction ids and amounts for my last few transactions. easy if you're on a pool

Alright I’ve managed to dig up five of them out of 8, but one of them is cryptopia and one of them is like liqui or something where I’ve got fuckall. I’m going to recover coinigy so at least i can get out of my positions.

GO BACK UP EVERY 2FA CODE YOU HAVE RIGHT NOW!

I’ve got a 2 week muay Thai camp then doing the normie thing in Koh Pangan. Where do you live? Are you white/western? I’d love to live here

how do you back up?

This is a lesson to everyone. Backup your shit!

Look at the customer service for coinigy! It took like 10 minutes

I think I’ll be sweet. The only main one I’m missing is poloniex, the rest of them I stashed the keys, need to go buy a new iPhone today which sucks but whatever

but how? I dont see backup codes in either Google auth or binance.

Yeah, white Eurocuck living in Phuket with qt Thai gf. Koh Phangan is really nice. You absolutely must take a boat and go visit the Ang Thong archipelago from there. Also go see Koh Tao.

To people asking how to backup - instead of using google authenticator, use lastpass authenticator or authy. Both have backup features. Just unbind your google one and then use one of the other two and have piece of mind

By the way, in Phangan, don't just stay in normie hubs like Haad Rin, go up north to Ao Chaloklum and get a 15 minute boat to Bottle Beach, spend a night or two there.

I’ll definitely take your advice mate, I’ve been there before but I was just staying at hostels and playing beer pong, keen to actually see a bit more.

What are you doing for work, have you just saved up or what?

Interested in this too

Unbind google auth and use a different app with backups like authy

This is the only real answer

Or you could just disable 2FA then enable 2FA again but this time save the seed

Op, hope you locked your prices

Theres 2 options I use, write it down with a pen and paper or use the password manager inside trezor in the notes section.

They dont just give you a code for nothing ;)

I taught English part-time for a while, now I'm just easily living off of my rental property from back home and pretty much browsing Veeky Forums, trading crypto, be with gf and drinking beer.

Thanks bro. Just re-wrote all my 2FA because of this on paper to avoid this. Best of luck to you!

You faggots are going to hate this coin. Especially the products they sell. Order them and find out that most of you mongs are actually 89% nignog. Not feeling well? It's probably just cancer, buy this product to confirm. This shit is way over your heads anyway, and because you don't understand it, you don't know how to shill it. Just the way we like it, It's adult swim now, you kiddies get the fuck out of the pool. DNA is mooning without you.

encrypgen.com/?page_id=32496

where the fuck do you find them? i guess i didn't write them down cos they're not where i would have done it

going through google auth app, there isn't an option to show them

This is why you save the key on a notebook when you place a 2fa on your account. Please don't make the same mistake user.

They are created when you initialize a 2fa, afterwards you can't see it (duh). So you're going to have to redo all 2fa and write down the string they give you.

Always save something of great importance in 3 different locations and in two different formats.

alright thanks

This is essential if you haven't saved the code