Biz, i need your help. how the fuck do you make a budget...

biz, i need your help. how the fuck do you make a budget? i make 35k a year and yet i still have no savings and live paycheck to paycheck

650 rent
400 car payment
100 student loans
50 cell phone
100 cable
500 food
700 bars and entertainment

how on earth am i supposed to start building a savings or a nest egg?

spend less on candles

dcorp did like 3x this week, think it can definitely do another 10x

is this a joke? what is this supposed to mean

First, don't take out a loan on a car. Don't borrow money to buy things that depreciate in value.

Next, go to mint or everydollar and get the fuck to work. Budgeting is the first step to taking control of your finances.

Stop spending so much on food? 500 a month? What the fuck are you eating? I get by fine on $50-60 CAD.

Stop spending so much on drinks and broads at bars. Real shit, you just sound irresponsible as fuck with your money.

>100 cable
>700 bars and entertainment

nigga what are you doing. cut cable and cut entertainment budget at least in half. there now you have 500 a month to put into crypto. thank me later.

50-60 a week on food, my b

thanks, but how else am i supposed to buy a car?>need a job to make money to buy a car
>need a car to get to job
it sucks, but i don't see how else to do it without taking a loan.

thanks, i'll try. but how do you only spend $60 on food? i know 500 isn't that low but i honestly don't think it's high either. it varies day to day but 500 a month is less than 20 a day. i get a $4 wrap for breakfast on the way to work. then grab something for lunch, maybe a sandwich, usually about $8. then i typically make chicken and rice for dinner but sometimes go out. is this really that expensive. i know the drinks are a lot, but that's another story.

>400 car payment
>700 bars and entertainment

get rid of these. sell your car for a cheaper one, and learn to entertain yourself for free, at least until you have more money.

>500 food

This can probably be reduced. Unless you have a large family, you shouldn't be spending 500 a month on food. learn to cook using basic cheap ingredients, you'll be healthier and save money too.

>50 cell phone
>100 cable

You can likely reduce these. If you have a TV plan, cancel it. Go for a cheaper cell phone plan if you can. I actually don't have a data plan, I just use public wifi.

i will try. but i cannot cut cable in half. it's a tv/internet combo deal for 100. i have no other choice. i know the entertainment is a lot, but how else do you get by in a city in your 20s? i go out usually 2 or 3 nights a week, so that's about 150 bucks a week right there.

Live with mommy & daddy.

Eggs, oatmeal, chicken breast, ground beef, canned tuna/salmon, pasta/rice and some veggies. Learn to cook a little bit and you can break up the monotony. It isnt glamorous, but at 35k/yr you arent exactly living the glamor life

20 bucks a day on food is fucking outrageous

damn, so most of your answers come down to significantly cutting back. basically living like a hermit. is that the only way to save in your 20s?

i get it, if you cook every meal $20 a day sounds like a lot. but most people at work get something to eat for lunch, just like me. so that is often $10 on its own. and believe me, i'm not the only one. barely anyone brings their lunch to work

>going out 3 nights a week

Even the normies I know don't do this. I go out once a week and that's enough for me.

Living like a hermit? No OP, you are trying to live like your friends and they are either a) in debt b) make more than you.

Learn your place in society and adjust.

Making 35k a year, yes it is. Not to be a dick cause I dont make all that much money either, but you do what you gotta do

Dont want to be 30 years old still with no savings

really? friday and saturday night is almost a given. and then sometimes thursday

Who cares about the dumbfucks at work? I bet you their bank accounts are just as pathetic man. Dont strive to be like your dumbfuck coworkers

Ever wanna buy a house or be able to comfortably start a family?

thanks, that is really tough to hear. ya some of them do make more than me but mostly at least in the same ballpark. and i doubt they are in doubt, they are always bragging about their latest purchases or vacations

>this person votes

Make more money, you can only cut expenses so much. You need to be working towards a higher income if you ever want to have savings and get anywhere in life... work two jobs, lie on your resume, get trade certifications... Do whatever you have to, once you earn a higher income keep your expenses the same as when you earned less, save the difference and start investing in assets.

700 FUCKING dollars on BARS?

the fuck wrong with you?

ok, i know you are probably right, it's just hard to hear. but here is what i don't get. if this is the case, then how the fuck does anyone buy a house? it seems like the average joe gets a house and a nice car in their 30s. yet most of them seem to be like me, so i don't see how they are saving in their 20s to get there. am i missing something?

Idk about where you live, but I live in Toronto where the housing market is fucking retarded, so very very few people in their 20s are even buying condos, let alone a house

Where do you live?

And those people probably just make money for than you.

Shitty reality but that is the reality

it's not all bars, i just lumped bars and entertainment. i know it's pretty high. but i'm telling you, a lot of my friends are in the same boat. think about it. go out most fridays and saturdays and some thursdays. that is honestly pretty normal. that is about 10 days a month. even with pregaming beforehand, drinks at bars/clubs are so fucking overpriced that it comes to like 30-50 bucks a night out usually. so that's maybe 400 a month already. and then include the uber rides, plus the occasional movie or concert, it adds up quickly. i get that everyone is saying i have to cut back on this, but it just doesn't make sense. i see my friends and other people my age and they all go out like this. so they are all spending about the same. and trust me, many of them don't make much more than me if at all

SO WHAT YOU FUCKING DUMB FUCK? YOUR FRIENDS ARE IN DEBT OR THEY GET PAID MORE THAN YOU, YOU ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO LIVE LIKE THEM RETARD

grow up and start saving or you will retire when youre 70

los angeles. no, most aren't buying houses in their 20s, but they are in their 30s. and they would need to save up in their 20s it seems to do that.

if you keep on living the way you are, you're going to be poor for the rest of your life. however, if you can live a cheaper lifestyle, put money aside for investments, you can accrue some wealth sooner than you think, even with your income.

taking a quick look at your budget, you could probably reduce it by $1500 a month. Get a cheaper car, learn to cook, and go to the bars less.

ok guys, it seems like you are all saying the same thing. it sucks, but i guess i may have to cut back some. still though, i am telling you that most of my friends and people in their 20s here do the same things and make the same amount. so it's not like i'm the only one. what the fuck do you do for entertainment on weekends that is cheap?

Trade cryptos and masturbate

Seriously tho, you can still go out and not spend so much on drinks. Drink before and buy a couple drinks at the venue. Go out 1 less time per week to start. Smoke some weed on a Friday night and watch a movie instead of wasting your money on booze and bitches

ITT: OP ignores the obvious and only begrudgingly accepts that he spends too much money on useless shit, i.e. drinking with friends and eating out for most meals.

Your friends are your friends, but if you actually take the time to think about it, most of them aren't worth your time.

Be honest with yourself: if you knew yourself as some other person, would you be worth knowing? Why? Why not? If you're wasting your time and money on diversions, why is that worth sacrificing your future and potential?

But anyway, fuck you. Go fuck yourself for asking assholes on Veeky Forums for financial advice, you fucking moron. Fuck you

I love this quote, its from some queer guru but its legit

"Pay the price today, so you can pay any price tomorrow"

It's tough but its what separates the men and the boys

Once you get your life straight it won't be hard to break trust me

>but most people at work get something to eat for lunch, just like me. so that is often $10 on its own

Cut that out. Bring a sammich from home. I'm in a much better financial situation than you and I still do a brown bag lunch. Restaurants are highway robbery.