I'm amazed at the irresponsibility levels I see on this board...

I'm amazed at the irresponsibility levels I see on this board. Are you conscious of the amount of work it takes to gather the money some of you guys are blindly betting on some uncertain proyects? I think a portfolio like this would be much more responsible and conservative for investment:

35% ETH
30% BTC
20% NEO
15% ZACK

Supposing you are not investing more than 10% of your net worth, and I would assume that is not more than 10k dollars for the average Joe, considering how risky this market is.

Other urls found in this thread:

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethgas/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>ZACK

who?

Shit, ZACK? WTF, I meant ZCL.

>BTC

KYS

No one ever got rich off bring a pussy, fuck back to the stock market.

I meant ZCL, autocorrected by my phone.

Wrong. All crypto will go to infinite. Just buy everything. This is not a bubble.

I feel too many people here are trying to either become rich or either live forever under a bridge. I guess that could be understandable if you are young, but that's not for me, and I'm not old at all.

Not a bubble. Not a bubble. Not a bubble. Infinite. This is a new paradigm. We are the early adopters.

the problem is you're assuming you can calculate risk correctly. Fiat money is guaranteed to loose purchasing power, the stock market is due for a 60% correction which will take 2 years to recover. Precious metals are a good investment at the moment for 15%p.a, but then there's this thing called cryptocurrency which has the potential to be the most disruptive technology every invented growing organically.
additionally the existing us petro dollar has become militaristically and politically unsustainable. Buying precious metals today is a once in 100 year opportunity buying crypto is a once in 13 billion year opportunity

Don't fool yourself, this is not an infinitely growing market. It will stabilize at some point, and I would guess that is 3 or 4 years from now.

I made 600k gambling on shitcoins in 3 months bitchhhhhhh.

That being said. Eth feels like the smart choice in the current climate.

This, no reason to hold BTC, ETH is going to continue to grow and shine and destroy other shit coins.

Yeah that’s great and all but earn real money at this Pump discord server discord gg/YQqTCqt

I think your point is totally reasonable, but you are overvaluating the whole crypto think. There is great amounts of money to be made, however the risk is too high. Consider a government regulation or even prohibition of this market. That will happen at some point.

banning crypto in democratic countries is political suicide
banning crypto in authoritarian countries is economic suicide
the only countries that are incentivised to ban crypto are those that have a chance of controlling a world currency, namely china and russia

Wrong. This is crypto and that makes it different. Ever heard of Facebook???? Bet you wish you had bought that. BET YOU WISH YOU HAD CREATED FACEBOOK! DUMB FUCK! This will go to infinite.

thank you

How is that? Crypto is still not too big. If they wanted to ban this whole thing to maintain better control of the economy and keep control of what people do with their money, they could do it this year and most people would not give a damn.

I had put 80% of my networth and all of it is in alts outside of top 10. I don't give a shit about your opinion I already made more than you and cashed out my initial investment. I'll continue to make more than you bye bitch

There's no point in insulting me and being so aggressive, I'm just trying to have a reasonable conversation about responsibility.

banning crypto presents too easy a way for another political party to gain seats. Banning crypto creates a dialogue about money which would have everyone understanding what central banks have done to them over the past 100 years.
The worlds population is reaching equilibrium and control of money supply is less favourable to governments than a public ledger of all transactions
if they didn't want these things they would have been banned long ago

That is a valid point. Interesting.

I want this portfolio but you have to understand that lately they all gone up to much and I cant feel but needing to wait for a correction - Also why not have GAS in the portfolio aswell?

>Snyder fanboy confirmed

Maybe we should have a conversation about your privilege. You think you can talk down to me about important topics like finance just because I'm a woman?? You think you know shit just because you aren't a PoC. YOU ARE A DUMB FUCK. YOU ARE THE FUCKING PROBLEM!

Seriously? 3-4 years? That seems like lightyears away. I got in November, and I believe I've got 6-12 months max to make it.

Faggot what holds crypto is that people here is willing to die if crypto fails so thats everything they have I'm young too I'm 25 and i would straight away kms if i dont succeed with crypto a lifetime of wagecucking is not an option for me i will be rich or die theres no middle ground

>not holding BTC for the inevitable pump and then buying into alts for dirt cheap

BTC has been stalled since 2015 by Blockstream and will never go anywhere meaningful. It's useful as a % of your portfolio, because the technical incompetency of the masses, hype and inertia will give it credence for a few more years, but its long-term value is zero. The coin is done, holding it in near equal amounts to ETH is counterproductive.

NEO is essentially centralized. You understand nothing about blockchains if you think NEO is a responsible and conservative investment. If BTC has little inherent worth, NEO is worth less than nothing.

ZCL has some worth to it, although I'd question the legitimacy of holding it after a x40 pump in a month prompted by the Bitcoin Private fork. With zk-snarks looming close for ETH and Monero holding strong, it's hard to make a bullish case for ZCL.

See, that's waaaay too aggressive, that's just irrational.

>People different than me or my normie friends is irrational
Kys

If crypto is less than 10% of your net worth (in my case it's less than 1%) why balance out the risks with "conservative" "responsible" coin selections? The risk is already balanced out by the other 90-99% of your net worth.

So, what would be your non-shill-bullshit, responsible, long term investments?

The main reason I would pick EHT and BTC is because they are big, not as volatile, not as risky, and they still are good, working platforms which system is trusted.

EGAS has a 13 mil max coin supply and the price is sub 10cents right now. Even if it turns out to be a scamcoin it will definitely get pumped to $1 before then and that will only put it at 13m market cap.
Take a look@ coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethgas/

I only have like 5k start initial investment if I put it into eth btc and neo then what am I gonna look at eoty? Safe investment is fine if you already have money but us poorfags have to work up to that

r8
20% ICX
20% AION
20% STRAT
20% OMG
10% ETH
Selling aion if it does something for VEN.

>NEO is essentially centralized.
Doesn't matter my dude, NEO is going to be a bluechip if you don't consider it as one atm.

ICX is conservative, high profile team, professionall, will do X2 at least during 2018 under any estimation. Even in a bear market this coin wont lose much if anything.

ETH will likely rise to 2k at least during 2018 as well. Very reasonable choice to hold.

NEO is a tiny bit riskier but I guess it will never fall below its current price again, all kinds of NEO ICOs are coming out this year and NEO exchanges.

All other coins will fall and rise with the market.

i fucking hate ether and all this gas shit i don't want to invest in that

How come no one ever mentions NEBL?

>Kys
>if i dont succeed with crypto a lifetime of wagecucking is not an option for me i will be rich or die theres no middle ground

It seems you will be the one kys

I'll look deeper into ICX. Thanks user.

>listening to this faggot

I was a safefag last year and talked myself out of dropping measly 10k life savings on ETH at $32, instead I only dropped 1k on it and diversified a little too..

>TFW i could have been rich as fuck right now

Don't fucking listen to OP, buy and HODL ETH and OMG, drop every penny you can afford to lose into these coins and you will have a merry fucking christmas 2018.

i am 50% into BNB and 50% ETH. It's nice to be able to finally sleep

Well that's not a good decision-making strategy in my opinion. If this whole crypto thing had crashed, you would be thankful you chose the more conservative approach. Who knew a few years ago this would be growing so fast now?

>all the money you can afford to lose
>afford

What is more bitter? Losing all the money you could afford to lose or missing out on never working a day of your life again because you took a risk in the only chance you'll ever get in your entire life to make it?

Don't fucking be a pussy, take it from me. I decided it was too difficult to set up a wallet to buy bitcoin at $1.20 when i thought it was cool to fuck around with. I missed ETH last year and I missed BTC...

The bitterness doesn't leave...

>ETH
>OMG
Are you trying to tell me these coins aren't the most sure-fire safe moons this year?

If that's the case I'm sorry. I've lost some juicy opportunities too, all I wanted to say is that I see too many people here stressing too much about their portfolio and going all-in on some random shill. I just wanted to talk about good long-term investing and conservative investments in this crazy market.

I don't want to be that diversified to buy OMG, my investment is not that big, but as I said, I do have a major share of my portfolio on ETH if that answers your question.

if you went big on BTC last year you would be comfy.

This is ETH's year, go big now and relax. That's the safest option.

All you fags get in on moon mission shitcoins like tron and you lose out.

Majority of people would have been 10x better off if they just held BTC last year instead of trying their luck buying low selling high

ETH and OMG are all you need, 50/50

I want ZACK where can I get it? is this pre ico?

There’s actually gonna be a dump into alt coins tomorrow when all the bank transfers go through Monday

yes I take your point and REASONED argument like this is welcome here as far as I am concerned. The PnD fags can jog on

i feel the same though I do not need to wagecuck since I can make money online anyway.
That said, this is all ore nothing in terms of crypto.
HODL

Yeah that's great and all but if you want to make real money join the best pump group

discord gg/YQqTCqt

It was a typo, I meant ZCL.

I ain't buying your shitty "ZACK" buttcoin, OP. Nice try.

I'm ambivalent recommending anything but ETH, but gun to my head, if aiming for safety and decent returns:

ETH 50%
BTC 16%
XMR 8%
ZRX 6%
BNB 5%
KCS 5%
FCT 2%
KMD 2%
XLM 2%
BTS 2%
GBYTE 2%

I'm mostly shooting for platform investments. In my opinion, ETH has won the web 3.0, even if it takes a few more years to be obvious. Their mindshare is without equal in developer and corporate circles, it works, and Blockstream-style takeover is extremely unlikely. Buterin is critical to the project's vision and I see his potential dissapearance as a centralised failure point, as successors could hinder decentralization levels and gimp the tech just like Bitcoin. I don't see either Eos or Cardano as credible competitors due to questionable choices in centralization levels and initial distribution that will hamper adoption by important minds.

BTC will keep momentum for a while as a perceived store of value and entry point into crypto, so while I disagree with holding equal weight it's still proeminent in a conservative portfolio.

Monero has darknet adoption, reliable tech and credible hackers at the helm. I won't pretend I understand it fully, but I understand the sentiment around it, which is highly positive (possibly highest of all cryptos) despite no marketing... or perhaps thanks to it. Monero comes across as authentic in a space full of cons, coupled with a privacy focus this inspires confidence as a store of value especially in times where government distrust rises.

ZRX stands to power the lion's share of decentralized exchanges. I find their fee model and planned transition into protocol governance fairly clever, and the people involved and their ties to Coinbase is another plus.

BNB and KCS are not real cryptos, but their business model is impeccable. In a gold rush, invest in the companies selling pick axes. I can't foresee any 2018 scenario in which these two coins wouldn't come out ahead, baring a general crash.

(1/2)

Just buy EGAS and hold it...13mil max supply and the price is sub $0.10 - at $1 it will only be 13mil market cap and even if it turns out to be a scamcoin thats still 10x returns.
Take a look@ coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethgas/

FCT has an important yet simple value proposition, serious work behind the scenes, no hype and no pump. I see it as a solid hold.

KMD seems to lead the way in certain crypto innovations, atomic swaps for instance. Their BarterDex could end up more inclusive than erc20 based decentralised exchanges.

XLM and BTS are questionable projects with working products, decent momentum and the relative credibility of being in the space for more a few months.

GBYTE is the DAG moonshot of this portfolio. IOTA and XRB have been pumped hard and have their own set of fundamental flaws. GBYTE works, is somewhat fairly distributed, poorly marketed. The main developer is a central point of failure, but represents less risk in my mind than other alternatives.

(2/2)

That's a portfolio for $100,000+

So if you were to invest less than 10k, you would go all-in one coin or what?

Thanks OP just went all in ZACK

>Reply
This, I see coins like NEO and ETH as the engines of my portfolio.

yep this.

faggot

why buy ether when vitalik will be dead in months?

What makes you think that your picks are general market crash proof? If you're so sure about it, how come you aren't betting your house on it?

I did not say that lol. I said that they are more conservative, not market crash proof.

^this

95% of my money is in crypto, wageslaving and current life in general sucks.

Get rich or die. I'm 25 now, turning 26 in some months. I will be free by age 30. Either this gets me rich or good night sweet prince.

I want a free life below the sun. 40 hours working a week something you don't care about isn't worth it and we all have to die some day.

Stop mansplaining faggots.

>GtAiY0xc
>GAY

Stop your hateful manspreading now you white nazi fagget.

Interesting analysis, thanks.

Another problem I see in ETH for the long term is the possibility of new blockchains being compatible with Solidity code but being better in other aspects.

Consider the following scenario:

- Adoption for smart contracts grows and people start doing lots of things with them
- ETH has scalability problems and other limitations
- New platform comes along sponsored by big names (Google) without technical issues _and_ full compatibility with Solidity code

People using the technology to solve real problems might just drop ETH and migrate.

It's too early to say ETH is the winner although it might be the case.