Crypto is a bubble

i'd say we're in the media attention phase

Other urls found in this thread:

bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html
cfe.cboe.com/cfe-products/xbt-cboe-bitcoin-futures
cointelegraph.com/news/billionaire-investor-novogratz-institutional-investors-will-soon-adopt-bitcoin
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethgas/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

we're in the fear stage bro

This isn’t even a bubble fools

No bubble in history has been fungible

Crypto is and its 24/7, global

Eat it bears

This is clearly the bear trap you brainlet.

Welcome to crypto.

We're in the first sell off.

just hitting return to normal, get ready for a ride boys

correct.. Anyone actually looking at that chart can see that institutional investors are just stepping in since last month.. We have a LONG way to go up.
Get you 20 BTC and be part of the BTC millionaire club..

crypto oldfag here, the first sell off was in 2014

I work in a credit union. I see old ladies with coinbase transactions

so is this the blow off top??

im a no coiner but ive been following this space like a madman

20 x 14000 is 28 million. I did the math.

This is just what the market does. Volatility is normal. BTC will have a bullrun in a few weeks.

You do know there surveys that show a very small percentage have invested in crypto?

Bear was FEB 2017, we just passed the new paradigm into bull trap.

Except we're just bumping into the beginning of the institutional investors stage

are they institutional investors ?
What do you think the affect of Bitcoin Mutual Funds being an option in retirement accounts will be ?

This chart doesn't really apply to crypto because the institutional investors came in later that random members of the public.

Where'd you hear about these 'institutional investors' user? Facebook?

I would love to know how many times this pic has been posted since /biz was formed

I can only speak from what I've seen. I think the justification is that old ladies sit around on the computer all day surfing facebook. They see all the articles about crypto.

What "institutional" investors? I'm curious

These guys will not TOUCH cryptos or any other alt coins unless they are on insured exchanges or brokers

This is the 93462575th time this image has been posted and we have become exceedingly efficient at it.

21 million BTC
1 Million for sure lost = 20 million
20 million / 1 million = 20

20 BTC to be in the club

bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html

help

So we aren’t even to the institutional phase yet?

YUSSSS all in

>its a bubble

what you guys don't understand is how the market capitalization is calculated:
price * circulating supply = mcap
for bitcoin:
$13,281.30 * 16,805,212 = $223,195,062,136

this is just theory and does NOT mean that there are $223 billions worth in bitcoin. you are not able to sell every single circulating bitcoin for $13,281.30, nor that $223 billions got invested.
the total market cap isn't that high as it seems and we are far from being in a bubble.

Yes from Facebook mong

cfe.cboe.com/cfe-products/xbt-cboe-bitcoin-futures

Eh maybe once or twice.

The fuck? There a lot of faggots pumping BTC 24 millions at a time. Are these the institutional investors?

EXCEEDINGLY not very

that pic fucking ruins the meme

Fear.

There's no way you dumb retards that bought Bitcoin for the first time a couple of months ago are the early adopters.

bear trap if dubs

Exchanges maybe ? When small governments and retirement funds get on board.. game over.. you'll be wildly rich with 20 btc.

This guy is the only one here who gets it.

If you could sell a couple billion dollars worth of bitcoin fairly quickly it would drive the "market cap" (I fucking hate this misnomer since it's really the value of coins in circulation) down to sub $1bn.

There is probably less than $50 billion invested in the whole market.

Then I say something

die faggot

Yeah, i agree bout middle of media attention.

which means what for the market?

you are either new or you dont pay attention. Institutional phase started in spring/summer 2017. Im not saying we arent in institutional investors phase but to me its somewhat like media attention combined with 1st sell off.

If huge amounts of institutional investor money pours in, say 10x more than what has been put in already, it won't 10x the coin circulation value it will probably 3x or 5x it (basically less, but I obviously don't know the exact amount).

This is because the sell pressure will be immense. If you double the price of something, you don't double the amount of coins people are willing to sell, you increase it exponentially, like a square law or something similar.

It will also stabilise the market a lot more, so 40% price swings over a week on the larger coins will not happen as often if at all.

Once the institutional investors get 90% of the market share, that's when the shitshow will really begin. By that point I suspect exchanges will need to be heavily regulated.

I've actually been struggling with this thanks user. I knew market cap didn't mean what the youtube bloggers were saying but this explains it perfectly.

>Once the institutional investors get 90% of the market share, that's when the shitshow will really begin.
Very informative post.
Could you explain the shitshow?

cointelegraph.com/news/billionaire-investor-novogratz-institutional-investors-will-soon-adopt-bitcoin

From early November when people were saying that Bitcoin will NEVER reach 10k

this shit again, you faggots really have no idea how utterly stupid it is to keep posting this this chart acting like it means anything

This was the only picture being posted on biz back in July-October, and the crypto market has what, x 10 since then?

this chart has been posted every week since july!

You need to buy EGAS and hold it long term, it has huge potential. 13M Max supply and it costs pennies right now. Great concept and active twitter. mooncoin material.
Take a look@ coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethgas/

tfw we are still in "New Paradigm" !!!