1. If the US gov bans crypto, how enforceable is it?

1. If the US gov bans crypto, how enforceable is it?

2. We saw what happened before when gov tried to ban something against public opinion, namely, prohibition. What would make a crypto ban different?

You know why I cant go to the store and buy things with toenails? Because the government doesn't accept toenails for tax payments. If the government will not accept crypto, to the point of banning it, no business will accept it. If you have a currency that no business will accept, you do not really have a currency

>You know why I cant go to the store and buy things with toenails? Because the government doesn't accept toenails for tax payments.
Yes, that is the only reason nobody accepts toenails as payment, it's because the government doesn't accept toenails for taxes.

>What is an analogy

The future is coming, the government will become obsolete.

it would be very easy to ban exchanges

it will also happen soon

You can still go on kijiji or something similar and trade toenails for other stuff.

Shit analogy.

this is not an analogy, this is retarded... full blown retarded

your dumb and you should feel bad

Transferring money from exchanges to banks would be impossible if the gov bans crypto. Apart from buying them in cash, how else would you buy cryptos?

You can still techincally use cryptocurrencies but will it really be of any use if you can't convert fiat to buy them?

And if the gov bans cryptos, good luck finding buyers for you 10k worth coin

I mean people did and continue to get around drug/alcohol prohibition but the government does a pretty good job of throwing a shitload of people in jail.

so much this

decentralized exchanges exist

What exactly are they going to ban? Certain strings of numbers? How will they find these strings of numbers? random hard drive searches?

I wouldn't put it beyond Congress to do something stupid and try though.

totally unenforceable.

You have no idea about how the monetary system works do you? The IRS and FED are not that old and havent been enforcing this type of taxation for long. If I as a consumer assign a value to something, that others assign the same value then it has that value period. Now if I and another choose to agree on the value of this object and choose to exchange it for other objects of value that is between us. If the government chooses to tax that or not has no baring on whether me or that other person find value in the object. If a store decides theres value in toenails then they will accept it as currency regardless of taxation.

Ban exchanges across all ISPs. Monitor bank accounts for transactions associated with exchanges. You'll be hard pressed to buy and trade because as far as I know there aren't any exchanges that accept cash. It could still be done, but it won't be easy. This scenario is bologna tho.

they are going to ban the transfer of money from banks to exchanges. nobody can really stop that and desu their isn't a viable way around it

they ban the exchanges

>guys, let’s ban stocks. It doesn’t matter that we can regulate them and get a nice profit thourgh taxes and lots of people are lobbying to keep them unbanned. Let’s ban them because we are almost as retarded as Veeky Forums pajeet fudders!

no exchanges = much much lower prices

youve been warned

Pre pubescent fags detected. Look what happened to Saddam and gaddafi when.The tried sell oil in setting other then dollars. You fags do know the government create both the internet and the code Bitcoin is written from.

>they ban the exchanges
but why would they? regulated exchanges are their easy gateway to enforce tax policy.

>2. We saw what happened before when gov tried to ban something against public opinion, namely, prohibition. What would make a crypto ban different?

Because they could just say "it supports muh terrorism and muh black market" and that's it.

read carefully. they are looking into centralized exchanges. you can't ban decentralized exchanges who have peer 2 peer protocols.

cry harder? its not me pushing for the ban

clearly a ban in south korea and china is coming

Everyone who disagreed with me is going to be left holding the biggest bag in history if governments ban crypto.

You stupid autists, if the government bans something normies aren't going to use it for exchange. It's going to be a completely black market transaction, ie fucking worthless to almost everyone.

These guys have lost any sense of reality while dealing with crypto, as if normies are going to take their salaries and exchange them into a currency that nobody is allowed to trade in.

I can’t go to the store with an ounce of gold and buy shit either, numb nuts. Does that make it valueless?

Being this retarded

not if you never cash out

you can take crypto payments while declaring usd earnings you fucking nigger

exactly this. i think people should get out while they are still up. stay away from buying for now, then reassess in a bit (a few weeks). you could potentially lose a little profit (if there is one) but its worth the security of not losing your money.

Yes pajeet, sure. I remember the china fud too. This time they’ll really, really ban it! My dad works at bitcoin and told me for realsies!
You know the amount of retarded fud in biz is the clearest of buy signals, right?

ban the exchange, ban you from trading there, its all the same thing

no more normies, etc

How many normies do you think will keep >50% of their net-worth in crypto?

>the us government banning something that they themselves created
gud1 m8

go buy go go go

Oh, I already got a nice 15% from the last bounce. Will add more if you fudders persist.

This isn't our first rodeo newfag. We've been through crashes before and we rally back stronger every time. Crypto is UNSTOPPABLE, IMMUTABLE, and changing the World As We Know It.

Unironically, Reddit. Get out, niggers.

>Chinkpad later than T420

who is this manlet again

>The future is coming, the government will become obsolete.

this.