So apparently Mærsk (the largest shipping company in the world) and IBM, are forming a shared company...

So apparently Mærsk (the largest shipping company in the world) and IBM, are forming a shared company, in order to create a platform to optimize the processes behind shipping of goods.
It is intended to utilize "crypto", and will be an open platform which all docks and shipping companies will utilize.

The question remain - is it LINK?
ft.com/content/1749bb9e-fab1-11e7-9b32-d7d59aace167

Other urls found in this thread:

ft.com/tour.
bita.studio/members
mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/04/business/dealbook/blockchain-ibm-bitcoin.html
fortune.com/2017/09/05/maersk-blockchain-insurance/
medium.com/cargoxio/how-cargox-will-revolutionise-bill-of-lading-tech-e6cab367be9f
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

XLM

A quote from the article:
>
Please use the sharing tools found via the email icon at the top of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach of FT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found at ft.com/tour.

“There’s a lot of write-up about blockchain. But what we see is that the thing that is going to help the world is blockchain as a distributed ledger. The significance of that is huge for any transaction that has multiple parties,”

wtf ?

>distributed ledger.
Why is this related to Link?

Instant foreign exchange it’s gonna be Ripple lol

there was a contract by some scandinavian shipping company discovered by some anons a few days ago, could be maersk

No its another coin that's related specifically to shipping.

Well they talked about sharing informations, it is the movement of information, so I assumed that this was related to what LINK does.

XLM probably

IBM's CTO has been shilling xlm

Looks like an in-house solution already in use by others.

Face it - crypto is a load of shit, nobody needs "coins"

The Blockchain will live on through non-autistic means

On a general note, I don't think you people appreciate the scope of this. every year the transportation of goods with containerships are worth trillions of dollars. If it is XLM, or whatever they choose to use, the price will surpass the price of bitcoin. This will undoubtedly be the largest real life application of the block chain, there has ever been.

shipchain?

its shipchain

It's probably going to be an ICO on FairX desu

It's block array

DiguSign is literally made for this.

its raiblocks BUY BUY BUY

They have just agreed to establishing a shared company, with the intend to create this platform.
As I see it, they have two options either create their own token, or collaborate with an already existing partner which has the tech they need.
Odds are they will choose the latter.

FUCK OFF PAJEEEEEEEEEEET

Wtf are you talking about!? This thread is probably the best thread this board have had in years. Rather than continuing with the eternal Ponzi-scheme of monopoly money, here is a case where there is a potential where there is a coin - which we are trading, which can go x10.000, because it will end up having a real life application - in the entire shipping industry!!

Why would IBM create another network when they already have a partner that offers exactly what they need here. They even host some of the network core nodes.

So XLM is exactly what they need? I will probably have to go 50% in on XLM at least then..

Why wouldn't they just use a tokenless ksi blockchain like they did in all their tests

SHIPCHAIN
shipchain.io
I'm they will also have good connections to BitA
bita.studio/members

>like they did in all their tests
As I said previously, it is a newly formed company, so they haven't have their first work day.
So I don't know what tests you are talking about, someone done by IBM I assume?

From their youtube demo i'd also say XLM

mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/04/business/dealbook/blockchain-ibm-bitcoin.html

fortune.com/2017/09/05/maersk-blockchain-insurance/

They're using Hyperledger Fabric, a private and permissioned blockchain system. Hyperledger Fabric is perfect for tracking assets through a supply chain using a private blockchain. It has nothing to do with XLM I'm afraid.

CargoX. Veeky Forums will miss the ICO as usual.

medium.com/cargoxio/how-cargox-will-revolutionise-bill-of-lading-tech-e6cab367be9f

Yes. Link. Right.
Genius.

I like fantasising like this too. All in on xlm

Stellar $10 EOY screen cap this

Fuck..

Not impossible. Would need about 1.5x recent BTC market cap. I think that's not the most likely outcome but still within reason, optimistically

shipchain

yeah sucks huh. i'm 40% xlm myself so it would've been nice. who knows though maybe you're right.

shipchain are having an airdrop right now by the way, you can register on their site

I'm an xlm supporter but I think to say xlm is involved is reaching at this point.