Guys, be real with me, is accounting going to be automated anytime soon...

Guys, be real with me, is accounting going to be automated anytime soon? I want to know if it's safe to pursue a career in that field.

Buy REQ to hedge your bets.

yes, REQ will do it

even making automated systems is going to be automated soon. so it doesn't matter.

REQ will put accountants out of business
smart contracts will put lawyers out of business
get smart to stay ahead

Are systems that make automated systems that make automated systems going to be automated?

One of my finance textbooks has stats on job loss from automation in the next 3-4 decades. Accounting was number one at 90%

Just be an actuary. That’s what I’m studying to be.

LOL, people will always need accountants to interpret data, perform audits, and save them
money for taxes.

They will be automation but someone will always need to be there to test anomalies or the outputs.

>accounting
>automated

Yes when everything else is.

Cycles will be automated first and quickly, shit like AR/AP/Bookkeeping but if a chartered accountant is replaced then everyone else in society is too.

you are naive as fuck if you believe this. you think REQ is going to do intangible asset valuation for acquisition accounting? a bunch of morons in here with no real world experience in business

So that's a no?

If Credit Karma can complete my tax return this year, with crypto profits and dividends, I would say that accountant's days are numbered.

>if my basic tax return can be completed accountants are replaced

lel

Have fun trying to manage an international corporate entity with dozens of subsidiaries operating in different functional currencies using different accounting methods.

accountants for small to medium size businesses are fucked. they provide mostly clerical work, like payroll and processing.

they will be gone.

the big accountants aren't going anywhere because abstraction is not mastered by automation.

it's a no
>thinks accountants only work on tax returns
>being this dumb

A robot can’t cook the books or can they?

No not for a very long time.

Even the ones saying bookkeeping, AR, payroll will be automated are wrong. It is a long way.

Accounting is a shitty profession full of literal faggots and women. I wish I would have studied literally anything else in college...I hate my life.

good understanding of accounting and finance can lead to positions that manage a P&L of a business - which means serious money. Accounting is important for all businesses.

The grass looks pretty green from this side. I'm doing CS the only girls are trans here. My accounting friend is set to make tuition for 4 years this summer alone in an internship meanwhile Im fighting with 1000s for one entry position

Then you're retarded. Your accounting friend is probably a kike.

Thanks for your answer man. I know a lot of Veeky Forums are people shilling coins, so it's nice to hear the opinion of someone with actual business experience.

you fucking nerds should try working at a big 4 accounting firm if you like alot of money, job security, and sexy women all over your love sack. also the bozo above who thinks actual accountants work on personal tax returns lmao i am dead. keep sticking your allowance in TRON, big bidness!