Precious Metals

Lets take a break from the wave of pink wojacks and talk about some real currency. Anyone collect silver other than Eagles or Maples? Was considering getting some Britannias today.

Other urls found in this thread:

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethgas/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Britannias are pretty. Love the edge on them. I also like the Mexican Libertads. You can stare at her tits. Austrians are cool but I don't like the font.

what exchange can I buy irl coins on? what's the btc value?

Does anyone know anything about buying gold?

Hard to tell with how fast it's dropping :^)

Depends. What's your question?

Do you think gold is going to go up?
Is buying a gold ETF like GLD is a good idea?

I like Morgan dollars.

I just bought into silver today
New at this any thing you guys suggest I read
(Trying to keep it entry level)
I will be looking at gold and others in a few months

Thanks in advance

Philharmonicers. But then, eurofag. Also some kangeroos. Like the philly's better.

Silver is pretty and I'd like to have coins or bars, but I can't justify to myself its value as an investment. It doesn't pay dividends or rent like stocks/real-estate. Like buffet said about gold, it just sits there and looks nice, and then you hope someone will pay you more for it in the future. The only utility I see is that it holds its value better than the dollar, which may be useful closer to retirement.

Have about 300 US silver dollars. Also have 7 gold kugerands. Just like knowing I have precious metals on hand for some reason

You realize you can buy gold with crypto, right?

I would prefer buying the physical gold, personally.

I would buy the Libertad, but the $4+ premium is kind of a turn off for me. Maybe I'm just being a stingy jew.

There are plenty of youtube videos out there about how to get started. just don't watch the ones made by jews/precious metal retailers.

Just buy EGAS and hold it...13mil max supply and the price is sub $0.10 - at $1 it will only be 13mil market cap and even if it turns out to be a scamcoin thats still 10x returns.
Take a look@ coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethgas/

The joke I was making was that BTC is dropping so the price of silver in BTC is changing. If you actually want to know how much silver you can get in BTC, the website you buy from will usually have a chart.

fuck off with your MTL REEEEEEE

I have just about 100 oz of silver ingots. That's all a poorfag like me has.

gold moves inverse to USD. dollar is dropping, so it may continue.
Metals sleep for years, futures manipulated, and are boring to hold, which is why gold is insurance against inflation, NOT an investment.
when in doubt, buy american eagles
provident or JM bullion are good online stores to buy.
do not buy GLD as a substitute for physical because in the event that SHTF you don't want to get jewed
buffalos are good rounds. bars are usually better bang for buck, but still American eagles are easiest to sell which is why everyone recommends them

I have some FUCKING LEAFS from the royal canadian mint which are nice.

>I-I-I have some silver
>at $45

I buy bullion grade jewelry at spot prices.

Why the fuck would you buy overpriced piece of shit coins? Buy bars only.

I hold 3000 ounces of silver and 16 ounces of gold.... it's getting slammed hard by the bankers right now, just like they're slamming cryptos by creating/spreading fear

but I'm holding strong, because if there's one thing that's going to zero sooner than the others, it's fiat

coins tend to be more liquid, especially with independent buyers... bars, you tend to have to sell them at a metals exchange where they perform a bunch of tests

Gold is extremely slow to turn any real money unless you have hundreds of thousands to invest
If you want a retirement account, okay, but not anything to see money in 5 years

If you aren't currently a businessman or aren't currently looking at buying real estate, you might as well invest

So many people I've known have made the same argument of "well I can make it faster elsewhere" when they have no actual intent to do so.

Philharmonics are my favorite. Most beautiful bullion, besides the pamp suisse lady fortuna bars.

Enjoy your milk spots.

>51k in silver

proove it

Hmmmmm. Which waifu to buy: Brit waifu coin or beaner waifu coin.

Just bought 100k

I have (face value) $100 of mercury dimes and $150 of barber mercury dimes. I like junk silver. Like the history behind it.

Silver is how I cashed out my principal. Still want to accumulate but I'd like it to go back under 17 before I do.

I really want a 1kg silver Fortuna.
Am I gay, stupid, or both?

Yeah and I've seen people say they like stacking silver because they're terrible at saving money, and silver gives them a way to invest while satisfying their need to buy something tangible. Similar to how a home mortgage can lock someone into a savings regime and build equity they otherwise might not acquire.

But what I'm saying is that, given you've saved money and want to invest somewhere, a diversified stock account should provide more growth while paying dividends. So while I'd like to have silver for, I can't see why I should actually invest much of my money on it when I can by something that pays returns of some sort. With crypto at least there's the precedent of explosive recent growth. Silver did that in 2011 but it's been back down since.

I would wait till end of June, end of October, or end of December. Those are usually the lowest points of the year for silver.

it's inversely related to the value of the USD.

dollar goes up, gold goes down, and v/v.

buy the gold yourself. don't give some jew money to hold it for you.

coloradogold.com

You know what, i have the perth mint only 15 minutes away from me but i hold Maples, Britannias and eagles. No kookaburras.

I probably need to change that

Bought specific silver coin at like 22 bucks.. its been down to like 14 bucks the past 4 years.. shits VERY slow moving

Get ready to pay a $200+ premium.

Lol so does my cousin. Have fun waiting another 60 years to break even.

Thanks for the tip. Just out of curiosity, do you have an opinion on palladium? I've kind of leafed over some of the charts on it and it looks like when it corrects it does so dramatically but also that it's riding really high. I intend to DYOR, was just wondering if you had any insight.

get some onza libertad

I sold most of my silver in early December to get into crypto. No regrets, managed to 4x my money before the current dippening. I think when I reach 10x I'll take out my initial investment back in silver.

neither since they're both WAY over spot

>a diversified stock account should provide more growth while paying dividends

which is correct for those who wish to pay others to do their stock management or spend time doing it themselves
Metals are very hands off and useful for people who have a normal life and job

Haven't really looked into palladium. Seems like a good investment. Problem is I never see anyone who sells it without some stupid high premium on it.

Would you care to point me to a coin retailer who doesn't sell without a premium?

shut up heart

Jm bullion has some of the lowest prices I can find, especially on their rounds, and free shipping

Nevermind, found out that stupid high premium is just for the Eagle. I'm retarded.

JMBullion. Whatever the BTC/USD rate is.

That's the website I took the pic from.

I did some of that and it kind of got me to start buying
But not sure how to see what's good info and what's bullshit
Normally a / fittizen I like silver cause I can lift it for more gains

Gold is denser and you can lift more of it while taking up less space.

I know. Even at the grossly inflated price, somehow I still want it.

Could always for the the 1 or 10 ounce bar so you're not getting totally fucked in the ass.

>Be me
>fall for the silver meme
>Silver only keeps going down in value from when I bought it when adjusted for the modest premium the Jews charged me per ounce
>Try to cash out to salvage my gains
>Obese guy at local silver shop offers me 50% of spot price for my 10 oz bar and wouldn't even talk about my 50oz bar because he wanted it analyzed before he offered me a shitty price

YOU CAN'T CASH OUT OF PM'S! FUCKING TRY! ALL YOU DO IS LOSE MONEY AND THEN TRY TO SELL AND LOSE EVEN MORE MONEY!

Unless you bought post brexit, this is impossible. The price of silver has dipped below 15 several times this past year. Just sell to kitco, they're like 50¢ below spot

*the past several years

Retard, why did you go to a pawn shop? You think they're going to offer you 100% of the value? No wonder why you thought PM were a good investment.

>trying to cash out during a dip
>not just holding
You're own fault. 50% of spot price is jewish, but stop being retarded for 5 seconds.

You're mad that the guy who owns the place operates a business that preys on desperate people, that everybody knows that's what pawn shops are about, and that you went there and expected a fair exchange.

Thats why it’s best to buy silver Britannias from a reputable place like coininvest.
>Pay no CGT on any increase of Britannias
>Place will buy back silver, when providing a receipt for just below spot
>Britannias are legal tender
Hold on to your silver. I bought at the lowest point in 2015 but it is going to explode in the next few years. Silver is used in clean energy like solar panels and silver mine deposits are becoming rarer. That shits going up no question about it.

So realistically, where are good places to buy precious metals? The only person that I know that actually owns PM might literally be a retard. Like TRX at .25 retarded. Like fomo'd XRP at three bones retarded.

JMBullion and Apmex are some popular sites. I've personally bought from both and trust them.

I just bought another full sovereign from Apmex. That will make seven of those.

Also, in what way is your friend retarded. Just curious.

Gold, silver or plaatinum guys, and why?

Silver is the most liquid of the metals.
Gold lets you store more wealth while taking up less space.
Never really looked into platinum.

Cobalt, used in batteries.

where can i buy cobalt for btc?

+Rhodium is the money maker. Buy it low 1k-2k sell it 5k-10k. It goes up like that a lot for some reason, probaboy a cokbination of extreme scarcity and speculation.

i can't find any of these shitcoins on binance.

Do you guys suggest waiting until next December to buy or do you think it hasn't risen enough to justify waiting a year and to just buy now?

Look harder.

>higher than gold atm
Too bad I'm a poorfag.