How long are these debt collectors going to call me? Until I pay the $2,000 to them or until they sue me?

How long are these debt collectors going to call me? Until I pay the $2,000 to them or until they sue me?

sell your kidneys, faggit
both of them.

>debt collector calls
>pick up
>is user there?
>"No, this is anons brother. He recently killed himself and we're dealing with his estate"

They eventually stopped calling. You're off the hook for a dead relatives debts. They will try to guilt you into paying some of it off as if "its what they would have wanted" but as soon as you pay a single dollar of a dead person's debt, you assume all liability for it.

Offer to pay in $2k worth of Bitcoin

Laugh as that shit drops to $500

i don't think you get sued for 2000 but it depends on what the various fees are in your jurisdiction
they will call you for a very long time, I'd guess for 2000 it'd still last up to a decade. Keep in mind that they'll be selling it to some other company and that company will sell it and so on and so forth.

You have to be an absolute fucking retard to pay a debt collector. Your credit is already fucked and they have no power. No one is going to court for 2k. I would pick up the phone only if I want to fuck with them.

Source: I worked in A/P for many years

Is it illegal to lie to them?

I recently moved to another state. I lived in Georgia now I live up north. So I’ll have to look up the local law

Fucking with debt collectors under 20k was a great way to pass the time when I worked in A/P

You can (not) be serious.

I’m just getting anxiety because they keep telling me to have my lawyer call them. I’m out of work right now. My bill was $2,000 for having two wisdom teeth removed and I can’t afford it. I’ve been blocking their calls and haven’t spoke to them once yet. I just get messages

What do you think retard

I feel like if I piss them off they’ll go out of their way to sue me more

tell us more tips

You can wait it out for the full 7 or 10 years or whatever. They'll start ordering to settle for like, 50% way before that. Save up some money so when they start offering to settle you can just pay and get it out of your hair.

I mean it's not like you're going to jail or that they're going to garnish wages or anything like that. If you want to fuck with them a bit send a letter via certified mail demanding you want your went last debt verified. A lot of the time they've long-lost whatever paperwork they're supposed to have and drop it. I think it only costs like $2 to do that

Holy shit this is what I get for typing on my phone and not proofreading. I sound like a retard.

I swear to God I'm not retarded, OP.

Lol ruined credit

Point is, certified mail is your best friend. Assume everything they say on the phone is a lie (because it probably is) and only communicate with them via mail. They're way, way more likely to follow the rules and be way less threatening.

I understand what you meant

I used to be a debt collector.

It's rather unlikely that they will do anything other than ruin your credit for the next several years.

If you make a lot of money in crypto does your credit score even matter? For anything?

they're just good boy points made up by traditional financial institutions in order to enslave you.

if you have a regular decent paying job I'd say probably not.
You can buy crypto on a credit card, but It's hard to think of a legitimate use for it other than poor man's leverage.
I guess it makes sense if you don't want to trade on an exchanges books and you want to trade more than you have.

2k is fucking nothing, just pay them dude.

never pay, don't listen to this faggot

He doesn't lol