Non-Crypto Thread about College Major + Career

Hi Veeky Forums

Post what you majored in while you were in college, when you were in college, and what your current job is now. If you want to add more detail list job history. Let's use this thread to help out young anons who are in college or about to be. Let us learn from each other's mistakes and success. I'll start:

I majored in Political Science and Spanish. Fell hard for the liberal arts meme and the idea I could make the world a better place (used to be near sjw before becoming redpilled a couple years ago). I thought money didn't matter as long as I had enough to live somewhat comfortably. All my professors and guidance counselors in college assured me that I would have no problem finding employment with a PolySci degree despite my doubts. It's not like I never heard anyone talk shit on political science, I did, I just thought that I would be an exception, or that the trash talk was a meme.

After going to university where I worked odd jobs (delivery driver, sandwich artist etc) I applied for real big boy jobs. This was around 2013 so shit wasn't fully recovered. Got a job at a non profit that was basically a call center job. Sucked massive dick as form of employment pay was meager but about double minimum wage. Got so sick of it I eventually changed jobs after hiatus.

Started working sales fucking cold calling people and trying to sell them software. This was actually way better than my previous job but it still sucked because cold calling is gay as fuck.

Currently I'm unemployed and I am banking on crypto but I also realize this is a very poor choice as the past few days can demonstrate. So I've told my story and how much of a failure I am. What about you Veeky Forums? Did you fail at life or are you successful?

I figure with this crash many of us will be taking the idea of employment seriously once again and this thread may prove to be productive

anyone want to have a non crypto discussion?

Econ major here. After realizing it was kind of a meme degree and not wanting to work for corporate I decided to start taking STEM classes and plan on applying to med school.

MSc in Physics
I went all-in on LINK

Majored in biochemistry and in med school now

Philosophy + minor in Japanese. After college i did construction work + gas station.

I'm in med school right now if you have questions. I'm going to bed soon but if we have more threads like this I'm happy to help

Film Production junior XD
Mined 0.04 btc with a pool as a highschool freshmen
I'm interested in using smart contracts for video production, or for broadcast production. I recently picked up javascript and it's like turning a computer into a powertool

Mechanical engineer
Work in manufacturing

i'm a fail at life but setting up to get into nursing school

ama

i love helping people

Fresh graduate, just finished in June. Majored in econ but realized that I had jack shit worth of experience in the field. Now I'm trying to get into masters school to do research or some shit. Endgame is to be an actuary or a consultant but who knows when that will be.

Currently work as a tax verification clerk for a temp position and a building support employee. Both pay about 16 burgerdollars but eh, it's enough for me to live off for a couple of months.

I too also thought that I wouldn't have such a hard time finding a job after graduation, but I was never more wrong in my entire life. Wish I used my career center and my academic advisers more to get some internships in during the summer. Never applied myself hard enough and didn't go out of my way to chase something.

I would give anything to start uni over, even with a sliver of the knowledge I have now.

Im an electrical engineer that specializes in electromagnetics. I buy and sell coins for fun and not because I actually wanna get rich off of them.

Majored in chemistry and then pharmacy.
A meyers briggs test I took in high school said I was ISTJ so I google searched the best careers for the personality type. Pharmacist was near the top and paid decently so I said fuck it.

Philosophy/Poli Sci double major heading straight to a T14 Law school for dat dere corporate big law placement.

>Liberal arts degrees without any sort of higher education afterwards
You definitely fell for the fucking meme.

I’m a senior accounting major unsure whether I should use the bachelor to open some doors or go for the CPA. My ultimate goal either way is to become an entrepreneur hopefully sooner than later so I can be able to use my idea involving cryptocurrencies. My only lesson is to always expect some SJW shit if you join a student organization. I joined an all male org and I’m sure you can guess what they tried to do with that.

Nursing school is legit user. It might not be the most glamorous job, but it pays well and provides a vital service to people. Thank you for choosing to take care of people

Same here, it's really a shame how much universities dupe people. I feel like an extra retard because after taking an AP Gov't class in high school told myself I would never do anything political related because the system is too slow and stagnant, and any meaningful change to society would have to come from outside the realm of politics. But then I took a couple polysci courses as electives freshman year and absolutely crushed them so I figured it was a good bet. How I wish I could go back (and I might) and be that young but have the knowledge I have now as a mid-late 20 something. I would go straight into Finance or CompSci

I did but I was also aware most polysci people go on to law school or something else, I just didn't have any desire to be a lawyer and my professors and guidance counselors at school told me not to worry. I can't believe I actually trusted those liberal faggots

I know that feel. Is there anything worse than being smart and realizing you could have achieved so much more but that you were just too lazy to achieve it?

Not him but currently a Pharma student atm. Planning to own a pharmacy after and use some of the profit for med school. Is that a good idea?

CompSci freshman here.

My university just got a $100 million endowment to start an entrepreneurship school, I'm planning on switching majors when the track comes out this summer. Good plan?

Also, any side hustles you guys are running to pay tuition?

Degree: BFa (visual art)
Current job: parking officer aka meter maid

Political Science major, Geography minor.

MA in Geography.

Unemployed. Applying to to be a cop soon.

holy fuck you even got your Master's and still got fucked. I'll be honest I didn't know Geography was something you could master in. Best of luck in all you do user

I was laid off from my full-time labor job last spring and up until recently I was killing it with crypto. Invested 500 bucks in november and was up to 9k last week. Of course now I'm basically ruined.

A job where I could make a livable income and actually buy a house and support a family would be nice; but I did two meme degrees. I rode scholarships for the MA degree...so it wasn't a total loss.

You're not a failure bro. Many of us were sold the lie. Look to the future, participate in self-improvement. Light at the end of the tunnel. Best of luck to you too user.

Got a degree in computer science then
Did freelance IT for a while then worked for 2 small businesses over the course of 3 years. Now do IT for a larger corporation.
Have done nothing with my degree, I was programming as a hobby before college and still am.

How did you gain clinical experience before applying?

You're me from 2 years ago. I took an extra year of classes to sit for the CPA and it was absolutely worth it to get the credential. Immediate offers and I accepted a Big 4 auditor position even though it paid a bit less, couldn't pass up the opportunity. Going to put in another year or two and then go the remote freelancing route.

PoliSci here too. I became a legal assistant after graduating and while working for my state attorney general, completed a paralegal certificate being paid for as a state employee. Got a promotion to paralegal as soon as I completed it and joined the complex litigation team in our bankruptcy division earning $79,000. Range goes to $92,000 over 10 years but I don't see myself staying here that long. Still taking classes on their dime since I find it fun and want to get some more fallback skills like coding just in case.

Pretty chad

Almost done with a masters in EE focus on automotive systems

Gonna wagecuck making decent money, pretty comfy.

Hay same sorta

BE and ME in electrical engineering, work in power electronics R&D, the position is quite varied but I’m sort of in charge of power magnetics development, I spend a lot of time working on our custom simulation stack that lets us do numerical optimisation of powertrain and custom magnetics designs