College is worthless

Youre as smart as youre ever gonna be by the time your 16. Learning challenging math concepts are the only thing that will top off your iq by the middle of highschool. After that you are surfing the wave you made in your youth until 27. Then you get old and senile. Working hard doesnt make you as smart as working smart. If you really want your kids to be smart, send them to a math/science academy for high school. Speaking eloquently and being math illiterate will make you a space shuttle made of paper machay. Speeking well enough and being math fluent will build you a saturn V rocket which can go to the moon. Notice how eloquent speeaking is essentially really expensive toilet paper. Its nice, but you dont need it to get the job done.
Im a princeton grad btw.

>Princeton
>Meme tier ivy league

ok

16 is is probably the age you're the dumbest you'll ever be while thinking you're the smartest person alive. Teenagers are retarded

Fuck are you talking about, I was fucking thots at 16 and am learning physics at 30.
Your meme university is a joke btw

We actually have a per capita endowment almost double that of harvard, which happens to have the second highest per capita endowment of any college. Do you know what “per capita” means, my little brainlet friend?

>machay

>speeking

Modern day American degrees aren't worth anything anymore. When they give out college admissions & degrees to Niggers because the color of their skin "entitles" them, it makes all degrees worthless.

We've hired dozens of 'Merican kids fresh out of school who can't eve do basic algebra nor use proper English. This is the modern day American "feel good" education.

Street retarded sure. But 16 is when your brain becomes fully capable. Capability =\= knowledge

Having fun?

Adding: we've essentially started to hire Indian and Chinese graduates who can actually do decent work, and are outsourcing alof of our engineering work. American kids out of school are like children. Not worth the cost.

The reality is college isn't to learn but to hopefully get you a job.

Now or then?
Now is meh
Then is yayayayaya

>hopefully get you a job
Lmao, wagecucks are such losers

>Youre as smart as youre ever gonna be by the time your 16.

I agree with this in terms of mental capability. I am 26, and although I feel more mature have more experience etc, I don't feel that my brain is more capable of solving complex tasks than it was when I was 16

History degrees are worthless, stem are not.

Modern day moron everyone

just a bad bait post, but could be possible 16 year old retard narcissistic nigger brain too.

>Youre as smart as youre ever gonna be by the time your 16
Had to stop there.

Being smart is the equivalent of working hard, because it means you have to actually put your brain to use to produce results. Like in all the STEM fields, you actually have to work.

On the other hand, being good at speaking means you can simply shit out pleasantries and do some bullshit "important" job that takes no effort and get paid well.

Speaking well is the ticket to not having to work hard. Being smart is nice.

There's another category, business, where you have to be reasonably smart (in a different way than STEM) and speak well. Here you work hard, and speaking well is part of that hard work, not just a bonus.

most americans are retarded that's why blacks mexicans and asians are replacing them in every field there is. americans are proven to be the most retarded species in the world

for females, it is 18 for males. But the decline is negligible until the age of 50.

this is pretty pathetic bait even for this shit board

>t. I’m 16 and haven’t lived long enough to actually make mistakes so I think I’m smarter than everyone else who has

Discrediting hard work and dedication from people by pretending your hobby knowledge is comparable to a bachelor/master degree.
Pathetic.
Altho I'm not sure about american college but dont compare that to school/unis abroad.

I just can't wrap my head around your reasoning here. Math is not making people smart, its making them more intelligent at this special field. I've met numerious Math graduates who can't reason basic philosophy.
You pretty much just shoved me that you are not smart enough to glance beyond your own prejudice.

Yes your math iq is the highest around 16-20 but verbally it´s at it highest around 30. Get ur facts straight.

>blacks

Blacks being handed jobs in America because of quotas only increases the stereotype that they are incompetent when left on their own.

OP you're probably 16

oh shit nig, you mean 16 year old girls are the smartest people on the planet too?! wew

youre autistic for believing otherwise. i feel sorry for you being an ameritard

self-limiting beliefs hold you down either they're true or false

t.engineer
fucking kill yourself

I was retarded when I was 16. I am no longer retarded. Autistic bait disproven

> SPeeking eloquantly makes u a rocket of paper mache; who does need speaking proper to get the gob done?

Being industriousness and intelligent are to separate things. Also "speaking" is a valuable trait, it is not simply rhetoric, most high-tier philosophers are nothing else but good speakers.

You still gain knowledge as you get older.

i felt my smartest at 14 to 17 for maths and programming related stuff.

it all went downhill since 20 ish

I'm literally the opposite lmao why are you still here

I stopped reading here

>your as smart as you’ll ever be at 16

Being a brainlet at its finest. I can totally comprehend and solve more now than when I was a horny 16 year old.

>not knowing it's "machete"

>College is worthless
>Said nobody who actually got a degree out of it
Higher education is the best way to make it after maybe, inheritance.
You're just a pleb
>muh princeton grudate here
post proof or stfu

>thinking IQ is the only thing that matters in your career

let me know how your first job as a programmer, engineer, doctor, lawyer, teacher, architect or any profession works out when you try to rely on your raw IQ along without gaining any of the requisite knowledge needed to actually do the job.

Neurosciences grad here.

That's not how any of this works. That you couldn't take a minute to do a little more research on the relation between age and brain development before posting this is pretty telling.

>is from Princeton
>speeaking
Nice try pajeet

You guys have it hard huh. Not much info, i would say that field you are able to make you mark as it is in its infancy a lot of unknown things about the brain.

This is so fucking TRUE.
I would go even further to say-school isn't for smart people.
Dropping out of high school was literally a no brainier. I have so much more time to read books and build wealth instead of learning mitosis or whatever.

Pic related is me. I just made some guy's girlfriend wet from showing her my blockfolio and I'm about to shoot my load in dat bitch.

Ps. Buy deepbrain chain

jesus fuck, this is why companies hate nationalism

redpill me on math, what are some good books that start you from scratch. I liked math in school but was never really good at it.

>t. bucko
IQ isn't everything. If you have large iq it doesn't mean you're set and if you have average iq it doesn't mean you're dead ( super low iq will need government assistance tho). What matters is that you do what everyone else is doing, which includes trade and college. If you play it safe you'll be ok most of the time. This is why i support UBI too. People will need to be smarter than average in the future to compete with automation. It's not possible for the masses. What's worse is that Money doesn't solve everything. What will ppl do apart from work?

This reddit-style way of speaking is unpleasant to read.

Speaking from personal experience I think the height of my intelligence was around age 15

t. 21 y/o

>Youre as smart as youre ever gonna be by the time your 16. Learning challenging math concepts are the only thing that will top off your
GOOD! Who the fuck actually wants to get smarter and learn stuff. I'm in unvierstiy and I literally party, get drunk as fuck, and fuck hot bitches. Who wants to learn shit?

Except 16 year olds think they are all stupid

then you won't learn it imo, some people just can't into math, I've never seen anyone who tried in high school and actually learnt it later in life. I was never good at math, tough I never studied in my life, but just understanding the concepts and following trough wasn't my strength, I would get confused quickly, was diagnosed adhd last year of high school to.

you're totally not a troll, oh wait you obviously are since you are shit at it.

Speaking well doesn't get you paid well. I'm a great speaker but you have to understand what you're saying or else when people ask questions you'll look stupid.

Why would you think they have it hard? they don't work, they just sit around and talk about how little they know. 99% of those that are involved in this field, why? because it can barely even be considered a stem field, they just remove part of a brain mouse/monkey and then say "ooh the subject has difficulty walking, so this removed part must be involved in walking".

You can't really make mistakes after 16. 16 is the age where you either fuck up your life or set it up.

This is true of average people ( = idiots). For genius level IQs, 16 is just about the age where your mind is mature enough to make revolutionary breakthroughs without being burdened by responsibilities of adult life.

>being retarded
Thinking there's nothing new to learn or improve upon

I agree that is why I am saving up enough money to quit my job and study math for two years nonstop to make up for wasting my time being a brainlet in high school. Erudition is for fags I'd rather have a rigorously developed visual spatial capacity and the ability to maintain multiple figures concurrently in my minds eye as well as decompose and construct layers of information. Anyone know any good books that help you exercise this mind muscle?

Great b8 m8
Factually wrong, your brain isn't fully developed until you are 25. Google it up, kiddo.

>college is worthless
>finish CS
>in 2 years I got my own car, rented place and money for going out and new gadgets

All this at 24 years old.

Princeton gives math PhD's to imbecile SJWs at high school level with BAs in French FFS. If that's not meme tier, I fucking don't know what is.

Piper Haron.

I did all of that at 18 during college and dropped out the same year

I'm getting smarter every year.
May be because I wasted a lot of time being a shut in faggot and only catching up now though.

t. 27 year old

>by the time your 16
>Im a princeton grad

If that's true, then it sounds like you wasted your money.

College doesn't make a difference when you're 24. When you're 45, and the CEO is deciding whether he'll promote/hire the guy that topped out with a GED or the guy that got degree from ASU, he'll go for the guy with "the pedigree" every time. By the time you're 60, you're looking at a 6-figure difference in income every year.

>I failed at school therefore it's useless

>paper machay
It's papier-mâché.

mate philosophy means shit all, math helps you make your brain work faster. philosophy is wasted on a slow brain

You would be surprised how valuable is philosophy for high level maths if you knew anything about mathematics

I'm literally four years younger than you and I have a higher meet worth and businesses head hunting my dick

you're a terrible troll

>being this pleb like
fag

High school math is nearly impossible to do especially if you have 5 other courses

suuuuure troll

Intelligence is worthless too if you wanna look at it this way. The deciding factor responsible for your happiness is your bone structure. Nothing you do after being born matters.

>Youre as smart as youre ever gonna be
>Youre as smart as youre
> Youre
> FUCKING YOUREYOUREYOUREHEEEHOO

math is for losers.

he obviously has no idea of the application of formal logic (taught in philosophy) in metamathematics, for instance.

>no proof of credentials or sourced studies for such bold proclamations
>this many replies
OP is a faggot and this board is full of retards

Or the simple fact that most of the maths we still use were invented by fucking philosophers

I too read things on the internet and delude myself into thinking it's equivalent to getting a formal education in math and science.

The curriculum can be a bitch, yeah. But the OP's claim is simply incorrect.

Sure, faggot.

This.

Not talking about the grad students, but if one takes a phd in this field, i believe they are in for a hella of a ride. Meaning the difficulty of research and knowledge that one has to know or the lack of it that one has to build. However, this also makes it possible and easier to become more of a notorius person in 40 years if you define or come up with something. This only an assumption that i have in relation to the other fields that exist and have more groundwork laid out for them.

I highly value my mental skills like judgement, observation, quick deduction, and I'm often worried about them starting degrade. I'm 27. It's really hard to be objective about evaluating your own mental capabilities. My conclusion is that is that my brain is just as capable as before, at least for now.

You have to be careful about not letting selection bias affect you ("oh I forgot this simple thing, that must be my brain starting to get worse").
You also have to be careful about not letting public perception of the effect of age on the brain affect you ("everyone says people get dumb at 30 and can't learn anything anymore, that means I'm getting dumb").

Finally, there's a difference between mental skills and actively used knowledge. If you don't practice knowledge for a few years (or even a few days after a final test lol), it will start to degrade. But that doesn't mean your mental skills are degrading. Though your real life effectiveness is a combination of both mental skills and knowledge so you do need good knowledge in some area to not be useless.

There are a lot of things that you can determine with near certainty through thinking, that science doesn't have documented explanations to yet (because the scientific method takes time)

You're the fucking pleb. No one gives a fuck about your pointless verbal pseudo distinctions and disconnected trivia bits you hold in your mind. You're probably a middlebrow midwit. Did you have some rigorous classical education? No, you probably had an amerifat edutainment like everyone else.

> going to college to get smart

If you are smart enough to have the potential to do great things then you are also smart enough to realise that college is not going to be able to teach you stuff anywhere near as fast as if you home studied/self taught.

I'm in my second year in college. Since the age of 15 I've had the lowest attendance in my year ever year. I had < 50% attendance during High School in all of my subjects and got the all time high in the exams (100% across the board).

In first year of college I had a 3% attendance rating. I got a first (which is > 3.60 gpa rating in UK). Second year of college now 15% attendance rating and still maintaining an even higher gpa (I do computer science btw).

I'm not a genius or anything I used to actually be a complete retard. It's simply the fact that I learned how important it was to learn and I was able to do it myself far more efficiently than at home.

All that being said you need something tangible where you can actually prove you know stuff so that you can negotiate a higher salary. A degree is good for that and only that imo.

tl;dr only retards go to college to learn, smart people go so they can get a higher salary after they get their degree

lol in med school. Fuck off education pajeet

No you're easily your smartest in your mid twenties before things start going downhill.

Your right, maybe the intelligence is still in there somewhere but I'm not "sharp " enough to use it

Are there any philosophers who made actual contributions to mathematics who were not first trained mathematicians? I can think of plenty of mathematicians who made philosophical contributions, Leibniz, Descartes, Bolzano, Peirce. Can't think of anyone in the reverse.

Newton?

Aristoteles?

Pythagoras?

It's tricky to classify thinkers in that era of what was called "Natural Philosophy", as the sort of distinctions between specialties we now have did not exist with figures of this sort back to Aristotle and before.

Knowledge needs to be structured in your mind, that's why we pay teachers for instead of just giving books to everybody.
You're just learning randoms facts with no meaning or no value if they're not linked with theories, paradigms, people, dates, contexts, philosophy...
>tl;dr only retards go to college to learn, smart people go so they can get a higher salary after they get their degree
You scream of a pleb. Smart people don't care that much about money. They value social capital above all. You just have a pleb burger education and think money = smart, IQ = knowledge, money = status

Yeah I thought Aristotle may be the only significant one, maybe some other scholastics. Newton had a typical classical education which is no longer extant, and was a rigorously trained in mathematics. Not only that the distinctions between natural philosophy and regular philosophy were fuzzy.

I don't believe that at all. The fact that you have come to that conclusion bemuses me.

Money for me is simply a resource to give me more freedom over my life. idc about status I just want to be financially secure so that I can worry about other things in life.

Also where did you get IQ = knowledge from? Clearly that isn't the case.

I think you need to stop making inductive leaps in your arguments. And also books are very effective at creating structure in your mind. I would even argue they are more effective if you are learning from a categorical imperative rather than hypothetical.

>you're a terrible troll
Oh boy, you are in for a rude awakening.

Further to this, okay maybe you aren't getting a degree for a higher salary but then you are almost definitely going so that you can get the job you want to do, which would usually require a degree (I forgot to also include this) .