What should i study biz?

Im 20yr old and i don't know what to study, i would like something that allows me to work abroad or something like that i was thinking about studying economics but i think it is boring as hell and i don't know if it is tha usefull

Maybe something about programming?
Im not a geek or a computer nerd but idk..
Do you guys enjoy your work/ what you study? Are you really pasionate about what you study or is it that you just choose the best option you could but you don't really fully like what you do

It seems like im not passionate about anything

I think computer science would be a really great field to get into.

Physics

I'm the same OP have no idea what to study, have no passions or interests, even crypto is just for fun, felt nothing during the dip.

Start with therapy

If you don't know what to do: software engineering or accounting

Seeing as you apparently have no passion for anything accounting is an excellent choice and you'll have the opportunity to bond with frat bros and Stacey's

Why? What's wrong with just not having a strong passion or interests? That's Reddit tier advice user.

Yeah me too, crypto looks like a game to me, it doesn't a affect me as real money i don't know why

Im 20 years old and time is really ruunning out for me i need to start studying something and i don't know what fuck

Philosophy

Bro I'm turning 21 in about a month and I still forget I'm not 17 anymore. I have no idea what I'm even good at (if I am at all) and get scared that I'll be the same day dreaming, lazy, unmotivated guy I am now at 30. I really wish I lived in fucking a place that just assigns jobs based on aptitude sometimes.

you nailed it - you dont seem to be naturally curious or interested in stuff. Without first understanding what you stand for you cannot ever find the right pathway for yourself.

p.s:
Economics can be very useful. You don't have to know everything about it but being literate in how the money runs will make you a smarter investor.

I'm all in on Philosophy/Poli Sci double major to law school. Just wish corporate attorneys got to travel to exotic places.

It's a strong indication of depression or being a loser

I wish there were something that REALLY interest me i mean i think im going to end up choosing something that i don't fully like because i don't really like anything but i have to work to eat and that stuff

Fuck everything to be honest

what is that suppose to mean should i kill myself then?

I relate to this. 21, dropped out of uni once, now in another degree, not liking it, unmotivated.
sad really
all you can do is be honest with yourself and make a plan to move forward
good luck bro

Everything makes me feel the same honestly, crypto gains or jerking off it doesn't matter, the spark is gone. Whether that's caused by growing-up, abusing dopamine receptors, or just depression who knows. I really want some direction that's not based on meme tier boomer euphemisms

thats a reddit tier way of taking advice.
get therapy and dont be a faggot

I've done therapy and it was just a meme, I tied to be as involved and active as possible but it didn't work.

it doesnt have to be that way though. Not everyone is fortunate enough to understand themselves well enough in their early days. The idea of having a long term goal is certainly helpful but not necessary.

Rather, the relentless and passionate pursuit for short term goals should be what we try to do - there's always an opportunity to "connect the dots" later

I'm day dreaming and they say I'm turning 30 some time soon. Everyone I grew up with went to do something they were or were not passionate about, they didn't know why nor had no idea what they were doing, but they felt that's what you got to do and now they are utterly miserable and scared. Follow the familiar voice inside.

That's the hardest part user, no matter how hard I try I can't see myself having a future.

Lots of pajeets land in america because they can code. Might work for you too.

i have done therapy before and it is useless, i also took antidepress and stuff but i dont know what it has to do with this

Im being objective about this, i don't feel interest in any degree, economics sounds cool i guess but i doesnt allow me to work abroad and i also don't look like a person who would work in a bank or something like that..

>Follow the familiar voice inside.
That makes me feel a bit better actually, thanks for sharing that.

at least you tried i guess..
i had a good experience with a 2 year run of weekly sessions, though it was mainly to make peace with the things that happened and how they affected me rather than being focused on behaviour.
even though i might be a different case for you user, do it. there is this person who doesnt have any other use for you than to listen and ask the right question at the right time.

Wow we really do have similar stories (except I was forced to take ritalin as a 4th-7th grader and not anti-depressants. Are you jerking off a lot? Are you exercising, have any friends? Those are some problems I have you any similar?

I don't have any real friends so maybe just talking to someone could make me more adjusted to people again.

don't you faggots have hobbies or something? there must be something you enjoy doing (protip: watching weeb cartoons is not a hobby).
if you enjoy doing something, find out why you like it.
i always enjoyed building and repairing stuff, problem solving, etc. i was also intrigued by how the human body works, so now i study medicine.

Lol no i don't jerk off a lot, i don't have friends but that doesnt really bother me and yes i do exercise
But this comes earlier like when i used to have friends and a more normie life, i wasn't fully sure about what i wanted and now it is still the same but i have come to accept that im not sure about what i want in life and that i have no path to follow

study how to suck dicks otherwise you will be unemployable

are you on track to going to a top law school? I've been thinking about getting a law degree after my engineering undergrad to go into patent law, but I've only heard horror stories about law school and the job market

im taking a finance law and economics degree, third year. Is this shit going to be a waste of time? feels pretty useful to know everything about law related to finance, especially regarding contracts and whatever, but i'm not sure... Am I just going to be hired to read through contracts to make sure some rich cunt doesn't jew another rich cunt?

you cunts need to stop feeling sorry for yourself and start thinking what's keeping you from killing yourself rn, and work towards it. "Get to know yourself" isn't a meme; Everybody wants something, they just dont have the power or capability to do so.

I feel down and lose motivation all the fucking time it's a miracle i survived this long with minimal friends. Do whatever it takes to artificially prop up your mood - exercise meditate fap sleep whatever

You will never like to do something you're not good at, and you can't be good without putting in the work

>economics is boring as hell
So the study of making money is boring? You’re a fucktard srs

I jerk off way to much and don't exercise but I'm similar, had normie friends until middle school when I got dumped. Guess my parents divorce made me difficult to be around and after that I never really rebounded. Yeah I've been stuck in the same place mentally for years about what I want to do, I'd give anything for a sign.

discord gg/3fW7bzr

I dont't know man i mean economics is good but to really be in a good position you need to have a master and a Phd and that takes lots of years, i personally don't see myself as a CEO or something like that so that also discourages me about studying economics

Anthropology.

I got my bachelors in mechanical engineering. I'm 28 and make about 120k yearly without considering my passive income sources. I sold my soul to the oil field...

Good luck user.

I just want a purpose, a reason not to waste time, but I don't know how to give myself one because I don't care about anything no matter how much I want to, it all feels so tiresome.

literally every job is like that. Any position will require you to be actually GOOD to make it.

>mechanical engineering

Im old to study something like that, i don't really see myself doing that kind of stuff to be honest

That's good! You don't need therapy mate, you're all good. You're searching, or it is searching for you within you. School or job or whatever the fuck people try to convince themselves with will never be the answer. It's like trying to unlock a door, but with an apple instead of a key. When you feel this longing or anxiety or whatever that's bothering you. What to study is the wrong question. It's not intellectual questions that lead you there, it's the voice. You can still do school in the mean time and you don't need to be passionate about it. You're lucky to feel the voice, the metaphysical dream without words or form, never talk yourself out of the dream and never let them talk you out of the dream.

it's not your fault man, maybe you've been in the wrong place/time/mindset to find a purpose so far, its bad luck is all it is
just research the fuck out of careers you can do without a degree (police, energy, farming) maybe something will stick.
It sounds lame but write a journal, even just once a week. it'll help you dig down into what might be holding you back

I grew up thinking i would find a nice career that i would love and i would earn good money and have a good life, i grew up full of expectations about the future

and here i am 20yr old i don't know shit about anything, i don't even have hobbys and i dont want to end up doing a wagecuck job for the rest of my life

Majority of people don't have any passion. They just ldar away

>you need to have a master and a Phd and that takes lots of years

nice attitude. you won't get anywhere in life if you don't put in some effort. also, nothing in life is perfect, stop endlessly for the perfect study, or the perfect idea, or the perfect job, or the perfect girl, i wasted years and years with that bullshit. there's always some perfect dream in your head, which will rarely perfectly translate to reality, you just need to TRY shit. trial and error, over and over again. that way you gain experience, and also learn what you REALLY like.
i might sound drunk, but i'm just tired as fuck, going to bed lol.

Feels annoying, right? To know that you have the capability and pent up drive to work just as hard or harder than anyone else yet have no direction to unleash yourself towards. Not afraid of working, just afraid of wasting time on things that don't really matter to you.

This is an issue of enthusiasm towards life, and no amount of advice can ever help you with that - it's up to you to work it out

What's day to day work like in mech e?

And you don't need to know what the key is or where to find it, you don't need to do anything, let life happen, it's that easy. You won't feel it right away, or you may feel a passing glimpse, but just wait and it will come to you, never completely, but you'll get to know it. You can work or go to school or whatever while all this happens. You can even forget it for as long as you may and it'll still be there. Everything is okay, trust me user!

Female studies, that will be super useful in your life

Economics is not boring. I find it so interesting to study, it feels like you can understand the world a lot better. I detest him but what Marx says about the base influencing the superstructure is very true. Have you ever studied econ properly?

>It seems like im not passionate about anything
Skip school for a while, work some low labor job or whatever you can get and find out what you'll like to do. You don't have to rush into shit. Wanting to travel is a good indicator you don't know what the fuck you want to do or care about.

lol the american "dream" is really just a sick meme, when you thimk about it. I want to have a reason to live that isnt just slaving away to accumulate the most resources possible so that myself and my offspring can enjoy lives of indulgence.

yea I hear you. just getting a job at pwc or something similar will only make you stuck unless you have superior drive and proficiency compared to literally everyone else on the floor. It's practically a dead end, because the only way you're going to climb is by getting older.

and then there's the AI issue... which is probably going to affect almost every carreer in some way

Fuck i really need to think this through some more

Study environmental science, the pussy is fire in that department. Get a double major in finance.

Yeah i have, it's not that i dont like it tho i think i don't find it so interesting as i thought i would, and i don't know if it is that usefull to travel abroad or something

You guys need to do what I did. A few years ago I was wandering thru life, literally living in my grandmothers basement. I put an ad in Craigslist asking for unprotected anal sex from an HIV+ black man with a minimum 9 inch penis. I met one, went back to his house and got up and on the floor and did the dinosaur.

>passionate
The last thing you want is your job to be something passionate about. This is the best way to convert your passion into something you no longer enjoy and don't even want to think about when you are not at work. Instead, do something that you aren't shit at, or at least something you could become less shit at.

t. web dev, 26, 70K at 2.5 years experience.

Get to my office, have a morning meeting to discuss current events and or important topics, go back to office, catch up with emails, work on a few design projects..

Drive my company truck out to different units, check on equipment I'm in charge of, bullshit with operators, etc.

Meet up with contractors, tell them the scope of work we are going to hire them for and the timeline. Go to another meeting, discuss work I have planned out by contractors. Go back to office, type up any more work that is pending based on meetings. Check emails again.

Spend the rest of the day working on projects, visiting equipment, bullshiting with coworkers. Go home.

Rinse and repeat

Get money

Economics qualifies you for a shit ton of things. Loads of companies would want you, in the UK we have things called sandwich courses which are 4 years long and for your third year you get a work placement and you're very likely to get a job from that placement. If they have something like that in your country you should try that

But i dont look as someone who could make it in the financial enviroment, everyone there is super tall and looks like chads or something like that and as i said i don't think im so passionate about it and it doesnt allow me to get located easily in another place

I wish i would really really like IT or coding , i wish i was a geek so at least i would be able to travel and work everywhere in the world or some shit like that

and on your abroad point, any country which you can speak the language in is bound to have a company who would want you

I don't have a "passion" for programming; I'm decent at it and it allows you to work remotely/abroad. Try learning python. It's really easy and you'll feel like a genius when you can figure out how to use it to solve problems

Become a radiologist

Yeah honestly just do computer science. Despite the recent FUD it is basically THE blue chip degree of the next few decades. And honestly lad, if you browse Veeky Forums you’re already a geek by normies’ standards. Where are you from? If you’re ameridebt then fuck college and learn on your own. /g/ will teach you all you need if you’re willing to learn.

Depression is and always will be a choice.
The only people that get mad about that statement are the ones that use it as an excuse.

this

AI will do that job soon

I would also recommend programming/IT if you really have no idea. I probably don't have to tell you why it's a good career. Also you're probably in a better position if it's not a passion of yours, since you will only ever see it as a job, and never as a hobby that got ruined by being forced to do it in a corporate environment.

discord gg/3fW7bzr

Pharmaceutical science

I'm a physics and I travel a lot for conferences and stuff. Last week I was in Chicago, last month in Geneve. Planning for Seul this spring. All paid by my institution.

I did web programming and It made me want to kill myself. Too easy to isolate yourself and never talk to anyone which causes massive depression.

Force yourself to do something where you have to talk to people, that's what I'm going to do.

Only useful degrees are Economics, Medicine and Math. Anything else is pointless unless you wanna be a teacher.

Don't waste your money on college. Spend it on crypto and you'll never have to work a day in your life.

Geophysics if you're into physics and math, enjoy the outdoors, and want something a little more practical than pure physics.

Just finished physics PhD, got comfy job in data science. If you go this route, don't KYS in grad school. It will end

Most things you need to invest time in to really understand if you're going to like it or not, and they suck to begin with.

Mabye just do construction or something? It's satisfying to build something.