STEPPING IT UP - ARBITRAGE, ALGOBOTS, SHORTING, LONGING, etc

Hey Veeky Forums, I'm asking the wisefags to chime in here. For most my crypto career, I've always just bought, held, and sold until satisfied (or cut my losses when I deemed the opportunity cost to high).

I want to step it up and really git gud, and thought many more of us more casual traders and speculators on this board might benefit from an exchange between the successful and active traders of this board and the more passive, like myself.

I will post some initial follow up questions in the next post, and invite any questions to be asked, and any advice to be given (whether prompted or not).

inb4 larps

SHUT THE FUCK UP
Dont you realize why helping others in this manner is bad? Keep your shit to yourself

One of my first questions, sparked by my recent and enormous losses and desire to earn it back through this shitshow incrementally, is how to arbitrage effectively. Is there an app you know of that will inform you of significant price different of select coins on select exchanges? My current method is checking coinmarketcap.com markets and manually scrolling through every 2 hours, but it's obviously a terrible inefficient one and I've yet to had any luck.

I'm also interested in triangle arbitrage, so any input there would be stellar.

What are you recommended exchanges for shorting?

Pic related tends to correlate with good discussion, so have it anons.

yeah, you're right I guess. I mean I still think it'd make for good discussion, but the people I'm asking to share have no incentive to do so. Just thought it'd make a good thread, for a change.

>manually scanning exchange listing for arbitrage opportunities
m8 if this seemed like a good idea to you in the first place just do yourself a favor and quit while youre ahead

Pro version of Coinigy.

>Coinigy
~$240 a year? No big deal but in principle I prefer to not pay for things.

>it up and really git gud, and thought many more of us more casual traders and speculators on this board might benefit from an exchange between the successful and active traders of this board and the more passive
Do you think i can make money in Bitmex?

Cindicator has an arbitrage bot in the works I think? Idk, check it out

>Bitmex
Does this service charge for an account as well?

What's the best site for high frequency trades in alt coins? Not GDAX, since they only have top alts. Bittrex charges a profit fee of 0.25%, which isn't bad, but is there anything better?

What's the easiest way to set up an buy/sell order involving two different coins?

Example: sell my BCH as soon as it's worth 10 or more GBYTE, and buy GBYTE.

>privacy
>aeon
>no sumo

I like you OP. Holding a huge AEON bag here.

This ist why the jews will win.
They realize the value of helping their community.

I only really do it out of curiosity, and only started looking into actually arbitraging yesterday. That's why I mentioned it, because it's obviously not good but I haven't looked into anything yet. Now do you have anything constructive, or are you just going to continue demonstrating your poor reading comprehension?

>community
I'd bet 0.5 BTC that half of Veeky Forums is comprised of niggers and reddit fags.

According to OP you should use some FunFair to back up that bet

Not my image, but I saved as it's a useful mental model and I was thinking of making something similar until I found it.

It's lacking a lot though.

There are ops you can spot manually. The issue is that these require physical legwork to act on. The prices on Bithumb is an obvious example.

I did see an upcoming ICO (BABB) with the goal of letting any user open a bank account in the UK. There will probably be some arb ops in that regard.

Do you even realize the amount of risk involved in arbitrage? Broken deposits, broken withdrawals, frozen wallets, rapid price swings etc.

Actually the only arbitrage opportunities I've seen were all boiling down to an exchange having the wallet of said asset in maintenance.

Polonibot Genius X for sure

Yes, but at times (like XRB when it was under $5), there are golden opportunities that I've missed out on. It's not THAT low risk since you can just send the funds back to where they came from worse case, unless an exchange shut down.

I can see what you're saying if you're using a bot though, and it spots a price difference and algorithmically sends funds to a broken wallet / exchange.

I'd certainly want to be in front of the computer at all times when arbritragig, and don't see much risk involved if that's the case.

What if i told you there was a token that will do close to 30,000% this year and is arguably the biggest sleeper project in crypto. Not only is the project functional but also profitable and outside the top 200 on CMC. It's name isn't allowed to be mentioned on Veeky Forums but every few months the odd thread pops up.

Think a token that will be paying nearly $1/token annually in dividends and is already proven in the very early testing stages to achieve 70% profit per annum on it's operations. I posted a thread regarding it back when it hit a low of $0.08 and it subsequently peaked at $0.64 only two weeks later. It has now settled in the $0.30 to $0.40 ranges but has a MC less than 40mil

I'm interested if anyone here remember or knows the project.

What does your image mean.

Keep crying bitch tears. Holy shit

Never saw the thread, mind sharing the name?

It's dividing up projects by hypothetical use case.

Go on

It's an arbitrage AI project.

Sounds like something I've read about, but I'm failing to find anything like that on CMC with roughly a $40ml MC

Does the name start with an R?

+

I'm deleting this thread in 2 minutes and this post is saged, this was the best advice I could've gotten here.

Thank you so much user.

What's the currency?

XRL, probably

UNDERRATED POST, JEWS LOWKEY KILLING IT FOR CENTURIES

When doing arbitrage it will have to be cross-exchange. I’m only familiar with big exchanges, but they have their own arbitrage bots between currency pairings that you will not beat due to the exchanges data advantage. Their are apps that have pricings on different sites, but I believe you’ll have to create your own program to find arbitrage opportunites. I did manual arbitrage between poloniex and bittrex and I will say, it’s hardly worth it. You need to find coins that have more than a 4% spread and usually the big spreads have either a) broken wallets or b) high withdrawl fees. You are also at the mercy of the exchange releasing your coins in a timely manner.

Delete this thread now, you have been warned.