Do anyone else plan to live in a tiny home? It's the cool new thing that millennials are into

Do anyone else plan to live in a tiny home? It's the cool new thing that millennials are into.
>Less energy use
>Less waste in general
>Compact and perfect, multi-use.
>Easy to transport

I forgot the best part. No rent and no property tax. Just $100 a month for connection and $20 a month for water

Another one

Overpriced mobile homes. Go get a single wide for half the cost.

KEK
Good luck trying to find someone to let you park your cuckshed in their yard for $100 a month. Nice joke.

Call me a cuckshed again, I dare you

what nearby coffee shop does the gentleman in your picture cycle to living in the middle of nowhere?
Also, how often does he meet women in his tiny neighborhood?

this is called a trailer park but fucking worse somehow

Unironically this. Tiny Homes are like $60,000 and you can buy a camper or trailer for even just $15,000

Such a stupid meme. I'm going with an A-frame.

MOOOOM, YOU NEVER WANT TO DO WHAT I WANT TO DO. YOU NEVER SUPPORT MY INTERESTS.

I got this idea to make a ton of money off stupid millennials, we can take all these tiny houses and stack them.
Just think people dont actually need much space to live, we can make them ultra efficient.

>cucksheds

this is disgusting, why would you degrade yourself to a cucks level?

I'm trying to get rich user not live in a shack.

I'll just get in to selling soy lattes and live in a mansion.

Now just imagine how nice that would be if it didn't rock whenever you're trying to fuck in it.

>being this poor
I have solar on my actual house, energy bill of $130 last quarter with AC cranked the entire time.

I live in a city, and make a pretty good salary, so need to stay their, for now until I can retire on crypto. Was thinking about buying a yacht instead of a house and living on the docks.

As an an architecture and CM graduate, these enrage me.
Over priced trailer trash shit.
You're buying a depreciating asset.
They will never gather equity.
Building with a wood frame is moronic.
They aren't good for actual mobility.
They are cold. They will never stay clean.
They are a pale mimicry of the American dream.

/comfy/

You can buy a nice used mobile home for 30k. People are spending 100k plus on these tiny homes. Fuckin tards

I sold modular and mobile homes (both to IRC building code and HUD code for the uninitiated) for two years.

These "tiny homes" are literally park model RV's and built to park model RV code.

You are being scammed.

You can buy a 16x76 fucking TRAILER framed with 2x4 or 2x6 JUST LIKE A FUCKING SITE BUILT HOME for under 40k delivered and set up in any state south/west of virginia.

For the same price as your stupid 65-80k tiny meme house you can buy 5 acres, put in a septic, connect all utilities, and slam your 1150 square foot trailer down on it and live free.

However, you won't do that: because you have to LOOK COOL to your hipster friends.

No woman wants to build a family with someone who lives in a mobile cuckshed. It's not a coincidence any and all promotional images will show white men in those things.

WHEN SOMEONE BUSTS IN TO KILL YOU AND THERE IS NO WHERE TO HIDE

>when you draw your weapon to return fire to defend your life, but because you're in a 200 square foot cuckshed you break every window in the house, blow out your eardrums, sever several electrical wires, puncture your black water holding tank, and set the insulation on fire with the still-burning powder from muzzle flash.

When I get sick of hearing you blast shitty music and just hook your house up to my trailer hitch

The fuck? Is /k trading crypto now too?

Boy I have been on this website since 2006.

I am a Veeky Forumsbiz/kommando master race. Thrice fit, thrice as daring, and thrice as autistic as you can ever hope to be.

Architecture is a meme, your job is undercut by pajeets for 70cents a floorplan. Do engineering instead

I've been working towards this for a while, but I never fully understood what precautions I should be taking when purchasing land. Don't you need the land to meet certain standards in order to build there? Don't you need to work out building permits and contracts all sorts of bullshit on top of the expense of the modular home? What kind of costs should I expect from this shit?

>Not wanting to shake your entire house as you have sex

Here's some quick tips:

Make sure the land has electric access.
Make sure it already has a 911 address (not hard to get but a pain in the ass if you have to do a lot split)
Make sure the land passes a perc-test (for your septic).
Make sure the land is in the COUNTY not city limits (some cities allow mobile homes inside the city limits, you don't want to live in these towns).

Generally, with this shit taken care of, 90% of the headaches are done.

Usually it's as simple as getting a building permit from the county and you're good to go (on your end).

Here's another thing, remember this:

Modular = built to your local residential code and will become REAL PROPERTY that DEEDS TO THE LAND.

Manufactured (Mobile) = PERSONAL PROPERTY and DOES NOT DEED TO THE LAND, INCREASE IN VALUE, OR COUNT IN PROPERTY VALUATIONS.

I don't want to fill up this thread, but it would take me several posts to put everything down.

As a final caveat, if you buy a single-wide please buy it manufactured.

If you buy a double-wide it may help to go modular (so you don't depreciate out your ass).

If you buy a triple-wide, you're a retard not to go modular.

Don't finance, don't buy from Clayton / Oakwood/ anything owned by Berkshire Hathaway if you value your life, and for God's sake do not buy a "repo".

you're a big flaming fucking faggot KEKSHED

same user

I'll go ahead and break down a deal for you since I did not do that in my last post from start to finish.

1. Purchase 10 acres of land in rural (State Redacted) for 40k with a septic installed (wow what a deal).

2. Purchase your 16x76 single-wide, ensuring that delivery, installation, tie down, and set to local code is included in the price (there are absolute fucking monsters who do not include the actual delivery of the home in the price) for around 52,000 for an extreme top end (full drywall, crown molding, granite counter tops, and so forth).

3. Chose your skirting (vinyl for retards, steel for poorfags, brick entirely around the bottom with poured concrete stairs for the educated man).

Congratulations, you just paid just over $70 a square foot for a rural home on 10 acres.

Real estate agent here

They aren't built for maintenance, they'll deteriorate quickly

True. I've stayed in some trailers on vacation and a few of them were really nice.

Been thinkin

>he fell for the """"luxury""""" shed meme

>I'll pay the same for a 200 square foot cuck-shed as this.

Kinda nice what the industry is up to these days.

Thank you user you've helped me out a great deal.

No need to break opsec, but what state are you in?

Washington, I don't intend on moving anywhere beyond Oregon or Montana if it has to come down to that but I'd rather stick around here.

Look at fifth wheels, in particular the Keystone Montana. You can get these used for 20k.

My old boss was from Oregon. His father used to own one of the plants up there.

What passes for "basic" for you guys is our mid-high end down south. It's a different market, a much higher-end market up in the pacific northwest with the quality "floor" of the product being much much higher in your market.

Unironically, as long as you buy from a quality builder, you have found de way.

>over priced
If you're not retarded and unskilled you can build one of these for less than what it costs to sell a house.
>will never gather equity
Lol, the point is for it to be cheap. Of course not, but it allows you to spend several thousands of surplus dollars into other, revenue generating investments
>wood frame is moronic
Is this what they teach you ameributts? Lmao
>Actual mobility
Depends if they're just mini houses or on an actual trailer. Either way they can be moved easily. (And trailers don't require a building permit or zoning laws don't apply to them)
>Cold
Then insulate
>Never stay clean
You must be retarded to not be able to wash a mini house, let alone a regular house
>American dream
is for the jewish anyway

They're meme cucksheds that'll only depreciate and never accrue equity.

For the $60k these cucksheds cost you could put a downpayment down on a large townhouse or duplex/triplex (even qud in some areas) and pay for the financing/utilities purely through renting out rooms/units you don't use.

Live in a self driving car. I’m from 2030

Paying some boomer carpenter 65,000 to build you a glorified fucking RV is as retarded as doing an FHA mortgage with 3.5% down.

You are not a competent enough framing carpenter to reliably build a house.

I plan on reproducing at some point so no.

How about buying land and digging out a bomb shelter? How does it hold up? I don't need windows, they're for faggots that need sunlight.

60,000! Wtf is it made of? Bronze?

>not repurposing a C-17 as your mobile HQ
plebs

If you're going to be sinking your own precious time into building a cuckshed, just to save some shekels to invest in other opportunities, your priorities are fucked.
It's literally been more lucrative to rent for the last 7 years, putting the savings in stocks. (Let alone crypto, etc.)
If you think time is less valuable than money, you will find yourself at the end of your life with a lot of one and not the other.
Insulation cuts inti interior space and you will never get the passive regulation of thermal mass or being connected to the ground, the wind cuts right underneath, and the sun beats down on the top.
The houses are never clean because you have no space to move things unless you live like a spartan. Guess what, you cook some bacon or burn some toast? Now everything smells like that for weeks.
And yes, building with wood is a horrible idea. We didn't go through the industrial revolution for nothing.

Think even smaller OP

Building underground costs more than building over ground. Basements are only cost efficient since you're essentially using space you were going to dig out for foundations anyway.

But for real - low cost mobile housing isn't a terrible idea, but these tiny homes are the dumbest way to do it. Here's a list of ways to get in to it for much less money and will be more comfortable and more effective.

Buy a used RV.
Buy a used caravan.
Buy a trailer home.
Buy a box van and furnish it yoursel

Funny you mention this because I've always thought about buying an old Q400

It's not cool, it looks like shit. Anyone given the opportunity to live in a real house vs a fucking a shed would choose the house. Just because "millennials are doing it" doesn't mean it's some trendy fad - some things are done grudgingly and out of necessity.

You can't just use containers with some cement on sandy land?

Posts and ideas like these are why people go to trade schools and universities to learn how to build and design structures. Holy shit.

>be from Australia
>house n land in the country looking at $250k+
>cities you're lucky to get a 1 room shoebox for under a million
fukken boomers man.

Nice cuckshed, Melvin. I bet it's a real pussy magnet.

think even smaller

I honestly don't give a fuck where I live.

It's ok man, I had to take a real estate job when I'm a trained linguist after college because boomers torpedo'd the entirety of the job market here.

We'll all make it.

Rural Queensland? You can get atleast an acre for $20k easy

you forgot the part where you don't start a family and leave a legacy behind on earth with your gains. You just live in a little shed in your parents backyard and when you die nobody will ever remember you and all your gains goes to waste.

Sounds gr8 m8

not small enough

>only one sky blue dress shirt
absolute pleb

Is it bad that I unironically think this is cool as shit? I'd love to take one of these around japan/korea

>Implying Karma gains go to waste when you're reincarnated.

>Needing two shirts
Nah, but you could still do it in more comfort.

Mostly mentioned asian counties because that's where it'd fit/be most practical since gooklands are always hyper cramped. You could park that trike thing on a street on Tokyo, couldn't with that model T

>startled awake in middle of night
>charlie horse in leg
>calf muscle twisted into grotesque gnarled pulsating ball
>scream in agony as you lurch forward
>violently crack forehead on faggot ass shelf
>dazed concussion; slowly bleed out
>semi-conscious the whole time
>powerless to cry out or even move
>this is it...

I've been living out of a 350ish square foot 5th wheel for over two years. Quit wagecucking about 14 months ago. Always traveling, never working seemed impossible until I discovered crypto.

cuckshed5000

Millennials only pretend to like these places because they're poor and too good to live in a trailer

What's your monthly costs?

God damn it I hate you. Kill yourself.
>i'll be you one day.
>...one day.

Definitely varies drastically depending on where I am. Last summer I eliminated all rent and utility costs by volunteering as a host at a campground. I lived for free in a beautiful location in exchange for hanging reservation tags and occasionally calling a ranger when a drunken redneck started beating his wife.

Right now I'm in a very expensive resort town paying about 1k a month for a site to rent and hookups.

5th wheel was 50k