Its been 3 weeks and im still waiting to get verified

>its been 3 weeks and im still waiting to get verified
any leafs here know how long this will take?

Took me 3 weeks during Christmas. Once you get in its a godsend though. Instant transfers from bank account > Binance in like 20 mins, blows Shitbase out of the water

I got in before all the normies flooded in so it took like a day. Gonna be slow possibly slower with more people wanting to get into crypto.

what funding method are you using user?

What these guys said, it's always slow when theres a massive influx of people. During last years bull run it took me like 2 weeks, on quiet days its 24 hrs.

Good luck getting any support with a ticket... ticket response times are non-existent.

Yeah same, better than coinsquare too.
Confirming that it takes 20min to get funds to Binance.

I had to open with RBC though, literally all my money I deposit goes straight to QCX, can banks flag shit like that?

coinsquare has instant verification
funding coinsquare takes ~24 hours
once you fund coinsquare you have to wait 7 days before withdrawing any fiat or coins from the exchange, but right away you can use fiat to purchase coins on coinsquare (they just have to stay on coinsquare for 7 days)
if you want my referral let me know (we both get $20)

So if you buy BTC it has to stay BTC for 7 days on Coinsquare?

Do any banks issue non-visa debit cards that work with Interac Online?

I always have to use the bank transfer, which takes a week...

Took me a several weeks to get verified too. It'll complete eventually.

you can trade the btc for cad, ltc, eth, etc. as much as you want on coinsquare but you can't send any coins to another exchange or your personal wallet until 7 days have passed. After 7 day can withdraw as much and as often as you want.

So basically you need to be prepared with your purchases all the time if you don't want to miss something, I'm still thinking Quad is better.

I do a lot of daytrading on coinsquare because the trading fees are pretty cheap (0.1/0.2% + rewards ) and the spread can be good. I only use quadriga for arbitrage (often bitcoin is way cheaper than it should be on quad)

forget verification, ETFs have been locked out for me for over a month now
tfw no Interac online and too poor for bank wire

typical leaf assfucking

Just to clarify if I see something mooning on bittrex for example, I can send DOGE from coinsquare to bittrex. The transfer will take between 10 minutes and ~2 hours depending on how long it takes coinsquare to process, also DOGE withdrawals are essentially free. You aren't really locked in. My 7 day withholding period expired months ago

Pulling money of my shitty CIBC mut funds, taking 48 hours, missed the sales.

Never thought of using both, nice idea.
Are you familiar with how to calculate taxes on trades/capital gains?

Cap gains is 25% of 50% of gains correct? Does that get added to income? Or how is it paid?

Also when does gains for 2017 officially end?

rbc

Coinsquare's fees are outrageous though (5% funding)

I'm legit considering switching from coinsquare to QuadrigaCX because of it

the withholding limit gets lifted after $3000 funding volume and like 5 transactions though

>the withholding limit gets lifted after $3000 funding volume and like 5 transactions though
I think this is why I picked Quad, because I never saw myself putting in over 3k or making 5 txs. Was originally just to buy btc alone and leave it.

Capital gains is 50% of your gains at whatever your tax bracket is, AFAIK. Probably best to talk to some sort of crypto-aware accountant though

capital gains is roughly your marginal tax rate of 50% of your gains. So it could be less or more than 25% depending on your income. It is also much more complicated because you should be taking into account the adjusted cost basis of every single trade. Personally I am going to be filing it as business income because I have made 1000s of trades the past year.

I'm not actually sure when it officially ends I was going to ask my accountant about that. It could be the last trading day of 2017, it could be December 31st at midnight EST, or PST etc.

That sounds like it. I tried the CRA website but it was convoluted to me.

Lame, was hoping later one to one of the days I didn't make money.
Adjusted cost basis is like an average right? How are they determining the price of a single day if crypto never really sleeps?