Steady gains over the past

>Steady gains over the past
>not acknowledging that 2018 is the year that gains will be measured in Ripple.
APOLOGIZE

FDIC Insured Cryptocurrency.

All hail the king

> sits on Federal Reserve Task Force
> sits on US Fintech Advisory Board

basically xrp will be the only currency that won't be taxed, even ripple's worst enemies say it's not a crypto.

so bitcoin will have to compete with a non taxed instant almost 0-fee coin. good luck with that.

>inb4

Soon this will be an XRP board.

I really wouldnt worry about massive profits from a regulated currency,...The new $5 once it is established. Enjoy.

- $90 Trillion in central bank paper and electronic currency worldwide.
- $80 Trillion in stock markets worldwide
- $215 Trillion in real estate worldwide
- $215 Trillion in bond markets worldwide

> THERE'S NO MONEY TO BE MADE IN REGULATED MARKETS!!! MOVE ALONG!!! NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!

>Can Ripple create more XRP?

No. Ripple the company didn’t create XRP; 100 billion XRP was created before the company was formed, and after Ripple was founded, the creators of XRP gifted a substantial amount of XRP to the company.

>Can Ripple freeze XRP transactions? Are they able to view or monitor transactions?

No one can freeze XRP, including Ripple. All transactions on XRP Ledger are publicly viewable.

>How many financial institutions have adopted XRP?

As of January 2018, MoneyGram and Cuallix — two major payment providers — have publicly announced their pilot use of XRP in payment flows through xRapid to provide liquidity solutions for their cross-border payments. Ripple has a growing pipeline of financial institutions that are also interested in using XRP in their payment flows.

It also slowly burns away in transaction fees.

I think you mean Stellar.

Made 250% on ripple early this month. Do I come back in? What, really, are the chances of a huge gain, given the risk?
Its market cap is already really high. You guys talking about $30 or even $10 by february are saying that the crypto market at large is going to double, triple, or even quadruple in size with 30-100% (depending on who's shilling) of the gains going to Ripple alone.*
They have partnerships with MoneyGram that will USE ripple, but does that logically imply a high-valued token?

To illustrate, if you heard
>you need to hodl USD, MoneyGram and all these other companies are using it
Would that logic follow to you?
What am I missing here? Break it down for a brainlet. I'm black, you know with our lower average intelligence we struggle with these things.
-
* In some thread earlier, some user was ferociously making the point that market cap is a metric that applies to securities and not currency. This may be true; however, the fundamental meaning of the metric is unchanged. All this investor money has to come from somewhere, after all. Until goods and services are being traded directly against XRP, you cannot magically uncouple it from USD. If you think this is not the case, prove to me why it is not so. "It's not a stock" is not a sufficient explanation; explain why it not being a stock implies that market cap no longer applies.

fuck off.

p-pls respond
i'm actually serious here, not FUDing. I really want to know what your responses are to these questions

What cryptocurrencies will still be around in 3 years? What cryptocurrencies will the banks, corporations, governments, and militaries use? Will they use many cryptocurrencies, or will they use one?

Buy and hold.

Because it's the price last traded that makes the price and market cap. People paid 20k for Bitcoin, and in theory all 21m Bitcoin are each worth 20k at that moment. But if they were all to be redeemed at that moment the price would drop faster than a Nigerian stealing your money.

Similarly if xrp ever reaches stupid levels like $100 or $1000, at that point no one is liquidating large sums for USD. It's just scarcely traded and the demand is high enough to drive the price. But if that very moment all 100bn xrps got redeemed for USD most of the xrp would drop to 0.

The notion that crypto is totally different from stocks is sometimes a misnomer. Because though they are different, and there is no real valuation for something that extends beyond a single company, they sometimes behave similarly. Like for example. Saying crypto is worth $0.5trillion is like saying the internet is worth $100t, because of all the companies doing bussiness on the internet. Which is bs.

See above response.

It's not that market cap only applies to other securities like stocks. In fact, that's wrong. All arbitrary items or representative tokens (securities) traded in markets will have a "market cap". It's a number that you could calculate for anything. The problem is that people don't understand what the number represents, and so assume that it's a lot more tangible than it actually is.

It's a theoretical number arrived at by multiplying the total supply by the recent average price. It bears no indication of how much money has been invested in the token, nor how much you could withdraw from the market. It's useful for thinking about the capacity of a market's throughput, but not useful for valuing the market itself.

If you're talking about throughput (most important for XRP, since it's designed as a bridge currency), then you can use the market cap effectively. Let's assume that the whole market does $1T per DAY in volume. What that implies is that the total value of the market must be at least $1T to even be capable of sustaining the load.

Think of the simplest market: just me and you, and all we do is trade a magic rock back and forth for USD. That rock must be equal in value to the amount of USD we're trading. If we negotiate that it's worth less than the total value we need to transfer, then the market will only partially suit our needs.

In reality, $1T in transaction flows means the market cap must be MUCH HIGHER than $1T. You can't trade the whole market every day and have things remain stable. Not only will there be many tokens locked up by people who wish to hold, you also do not want the trade volume to significantly swing the price everyday. This means you want a nice, high price, so that the total trade volume is only a small fraction of the market cap.

meant for:

>Similarly if xrp ever reaches stupid levels like $100 or $1000, at that point no one is liquidating large sums for USD. It's just scarcely traded and the demand is high enough to drive the price. But if that very moment all 100bn xrps got redeemed for USD most of the xrp would drop to 0.

If XRP is $100 - $1000 it will be used as its own currency. People will be using XRP to buy and sell goods, services, stocks, bonds, real estate, etc. XRP has the transaction speed and capacity to do this. XRP has the legal regulatory compliance to do this. Ripple Labs is building out the technological infrastructure within the banking system in order to do this. Interledger Protocol will allow everything of value in the economy to be tokenized, blockchained, and traded against XRP.

it halved in price in ten days. yeah, steady gains. the banks even questioned it today in regards to it's volatility. See the Financial Times for further details ........................

I'm hoping for this future. Every day I buy more xrp. And lock them up on my nano.

Nobody cares.

The banks scaring the weak hands to accumulate. You think the news is real bank sentiment you are eating?

Same here. I want to trade it for more gains, but I just take it all off the exchange and buy more regardless of the price.

user, screen cap this. In a year biz will only be talking about xrp

TL;DR
There's no theoretical limit to that market cap that will dictate the price.
If people decide to trade huge volumes of XRP, the market cap (and therefore the price) will rise naturally to accommodate that volume.