LinkMarines

Convince me to go all in RIGHT NOW!

Good arguments only, warnings welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

oraclize.it
twitter.com/AnonBabble

if u dont ur a bitch

hot chicks will flock to you in hoards and you get to pick which one you want to spend the rest of your life with and have many /comfy/ nights of her brapping on u while spooning. LINK will be $100 EOY nice nice

link solves the oracle problem

pajeets love it, what else do you need to know

Biz seems absolutely convinced this is going to alpha centauri.
I'm getting the same vibes I got when /pol/ was predicting Trump would win the election.
This shit is touched with meme magic.

MAINSTREAM SMART CONTRACTS
DYOR

Because you don't want to be left out when it happens

Bitches hopping on your dick till you die homie. EZ all-in.

link's memes are unfuckwithable. It's sensible to at least buy some as suicide insurance.

This, check 'em

ChainLink has many real world and lucrative applications.
A dedicated, practical, frugal, and autistic development team thats being advised by Ivy league professors and Facebook engineers. It's the only coin with a peer reviewed white-paper. Moreover, the coin's price is relatively low right now because Sergey doesn't care about hype, rather he spends his time developing a good product.

If smart contracts are going to become mainstream, the blockchains will need an oracle to talk to outside data sources. Chainlink is a decentralized oracle network composed of nodes. The node operators will be paid in LINK, and there will be incentive to hoard link, because nodes that have more LINK will get more traffic.

The working product isn't even out yet and the price is relatively stable, once a working product is out (in Q1 with luck, conservatively Q2) the price will move pretty quickly.

Don't go all in though, maybe go 50 50 with another good coin, Maybe XLM.

You should listen to your gut and stay out of crapto. It's a ponzi scam and a gamble.

This, meme magic is real.

Link threads have the most gets

Look into the team and the github. Currently we have a two man team, one of which (Sergey) is completely unaccessable. No communication whatsoever. Almost no progress is being made on the project and it’s likely in its current state, no progress will be made. Don’t buy fucking memes if you are truly value investing. The small team and lack of communication is a massive red flag and many coins are also working on what chainlink claims it will be able to do. The risk is not worth the reward here.

Anything else you would like add as a warning about ChainLink?

LINK has a major vulnerability. Get out while you can. You have been warned.

their office is in that gook hand job parlor too, don't forget that. rory's negro wife works there at the front desk. nice lady.

So what's your EOY projection?

LINK is a meme that grew out of control. Initially the idea seemed potentially promising, but eventually smart money realized that trusted hardware solved the issue to the satisfaction of most potential smart contract users, and thus a ‘decentralized oracle network’ was an edgecase desideratum for idealistic (and gravely naive) cypherpunks. Unfortunately the idiots on this board didn’t get the memo and, unable to deal with having missed out on *real* game-changers like neo/ans and eth, have driven themselves into a frenzy of pollyannish delusion. Ultimately it’s just a glorified api wrapper and ‘json parser’ that the two inept team members won’t even be able to complete in any reasonable timeframe. Seriously, don’t buy this.

When mainnet launches, LINK will work on BTC, ETH and Hyperledger. If you don't know what Hyperledger is, it's big business' version of Ethereum. They want to utilize smartcontracts, just not through Ethereum.

Now here's the kicker. Unlike Ethereum, LINKs very functionality allows for the smartcontracts to be trustless, which means they can't replace LINK with their own oracles. Without the decentralization of oracles, the smartcontracts become useless. Then the contracts might as well stay on their current systems.

Now, who's the members of Hyperledger?

SWIFT, for one. And to name a few others;
>Accenture
>Airbus
>American Express
>J.P. Morgan
>Cisco
>Intel

I'm already all-in with $110k.

Quite frankly, I stopped reasearching it and ruled it out as an investment opportunity quickly due to it failing key parameters of mine. It has a sketchy business address aswell as this user noted. It seems like an abandon project in a hyper competetive space.

Sweet, Diving deep boys fuck it i got money.

Ah yes, when parties want to enter into complex smart contract agreements fed trustlessly by off-chain data they will just use secure hardware. Of course.
Appreciate your FUD, though. Anything to keep the LINK price down.

The essence of a smart contract is that it is trustless if you think LINK alone is the only coin with this application you are laughably wrong. Ethereum already has running trustless smart contracts, along with MANY other coins. There is no evidence that chainlink has partnerships with ANY of the companies you have listed.

you are mentally ill and this is probably your only chance to get out of neetdom faggot

I got 32k.

Join us.

10-30$ if it gets much higher than that it starts pushing into top 5 territory. But who knows man

as much as I hated to admit it at first this user is totally right. Mobius, Aeternity, Oraclize, Zap, and Request Network are all aiming to accomplish the same thing that Chainlink is doing, but with better teams and communication. I would diversify.

Getting out of neetdom would be really nice my guy, i pray to whatever god there is to get me out of this wagecuck hell.

I am living for the day when normies talk about LINK in regret

if you're not trolling you should probably just off yourself now. It's what you'll end up doing anyway

No wonder you didn't invest. You obviously haven't even bothered to spend 30 minutes to read through the whitepaper, or understand what LINK is.

The reason big business hasn't been able utilize smartcontracts yet is because as of today, the smartcontracts aren't able to be fed information from outside of its respective blockchain. What solves that problem? Oracles. What solves that problem securely? Decentralized oracles. Which project is the only one that is only months away from launching its finished product? LINK.

Who are the competitors? A bunch of pajeets who haven't even finished their ICO.

>Mobius: cross-chain
>Aeternity: cross-chain
>Oraclize: centralized
>Zap: centralized
>Request Network: actually uses ChainLink
Congrats dumbass none of them actually do what ChainLink does. And REQ sacristy USES ChainLink to make their product work. Without LINK there is no REQ

Do you ever stop and think about the first moment that you will see the LINK logo in real life? It'll be at like an airport TV somewhere, you're walking to your gate and suddenly the logo is there being discussed on some CNN finance segment. And you'll remember all the insane memes and wild times leading up to that moment, when you were part of a tiny band of autists who got in on the ground floor of the last great moon mission.

If you don't own at least 1k LINK, you will likely become an hero for ignoring one of the most shilled coins on Veeky Forums

First the fud was that trusted hardware (which will be implemented on the Link network) was shit, now it's apparently god-tier. Make up your minds FFS.

>convince me to become a chad

op pls

>dubs confirm
you should js kys now pajeet

>Didn't read the white paper

Mobius is a shit coin, and it's clear that the devs have no idea what they're doing if you listen to any of their talks or look at their shitty website. Req seems like a meme too, but I need to do more research on it and the other coins you've mentioned.

I can only get about 150 bucks worth of link right now, all my neet ass can spare, thanks for the motivation man.

OP, just don't blame us when it moons to $100. You had ample warning, remember that.

Remember that in the dotcom era protocols and B2B models were the ones that succeeded. Most consumer model businesses failed outside some exceptions.

B2B (LINK)
Protocol (ADA)

We literally went to the moon earlier

The more FUD, the more people are forced to DTOR before getting into LINK. We should encourage FUD. Do you really want some newfag that stumbled in here at the right time to get on LINK?

There's a link thread everyday
Talks about the same thing everyday
Same price prediction everyday
Same fud but occasionally the fud mutates and evolves

This coin is surviving on hype. The bag holders can't bear a single day not reminding others of link so that they don't suffer the fate of obsidian/digimarines

>inb4 smart contracts and decentralised oracles

yes LINK definitely seems useful but your constant shilling brings nothing to the board other than excessive mental masturbation to make yourself feel good about holding an presently underperforming coin.

It'll moon soon I'm sure, you don't have to keep spamming link threads to make it so.

I have a PhD in crypto economics and mathematics. Crypto incentives in Chainlink are a legitimate concern. I saw Ari Juels speak at a conference recently where he mentioned tokens and asked him about the token economics of a node staking system like the Chainlink network is planning to use. The problem is that node operator incentives are fuzzy at best and not even figured out fully by the team (see the gitter for Steve stuttering about this). When I brought it up to Ari Juels, I told him that in the way the network is expected to be used, the fees payable to node operators would actually decline as requests become more ubiquitous because as the network grows it becomes cheaper to use. This makes sense if you took a few advanced cryptoeconomics courses. Ari admitted that it was a great question but that they were "actively pursuing research in that area." I sold my LINK immediately after that and saw a significant dump on the binance charts. It's pretty clear these guys are pulling you along making you think they're doing something revolutionary when the incentives aren't even fully determined yet.

see Everyday we go stronger. Everyday more memes and more community

no one made you join the thread.
i gotta do something with my time before I'm a millionaire

Report in.

Chainlink Space Program
_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_
- Director of Chainlink Space Program: General Sergey Nazarov
---MANAGEMENT---
- Co-Director: 500001+ LINK
- Senior Manager of Space Operations: 250001-500000 LINK
- Manager of Space Operations: 175001-250000 LINK
- Manager of Flight Operations: 125001-175000 LINK
- Senior Engineer of CSP: 750001-125000 LINK
- Head of CSP Accounting: 50001-75000 LINK
- Head of CSP Public Relations: 35001-50000 LINK
- Flight Director: 25001-35000 LINK
- Assistant Flight Director: 20001-25000 LINK
- Manager of Astronaut Operations: 15001-20000 LINK
---EMPLOYEES---
- Astronaut: 10001-15000 LINK
- Astronaut in Training: 9001-10000 LINK
- Test Pilot: 7501-9000 LINK
- Electrical Engineer: 5001-7500 LINK
- Scientist: 3501-5000 LINK
- Hull Fabricator: 1501-3500 LINK
- Systems Developer: 501-1500 LINK
- Office Worker: 1-500 LINK

What's an oracle?
Is it just something made up by the team?
Because it sounds like they want to add an extra step between crypto and other businesses.

I'm just asking.

even if you’re holding a measly 200 LINK just know that you are apart of something far greater than “cryptocurrency” or “muh gainz.” You are one of us. The true chosen people.

It is. It's called "middleware" becasue ChainLink is trying to create a middleman, which is exactly what crypoto is supposed to be about avoiding. It just adds extra costs and extra complexity, which is why nobody takes it seriously outside of Veeky Forums.

Systems developer reporting. Moving up to Hull Fabricator tomorrow

Sergey is an oracle. And big business have to consult with him before they are allowed to store information on the blockchain.

He'll be backpacking through Polynesia the entire time, so there will have to be hundreds of corporate scouts out there keeping track of where he is, in case they need to consult him.

thx for making this

very dumb

it has been discussed 999999 times

smart contracts are dumb
oracles make smart contracts smarter

you will not always get accurate information here, do yourself a favor and google past threads/ forums/ reddit

That's what I feared.

Smart contracts on the ETH network cannot interact with off chain data on APIs. You know all of those data providers that keep track of stock prices, shipping information, insurance rates and the like? They are beginning to shift to providing that info via APIs (look up PSD2 to see how the financial industry is basically being forced to adopt APIs). None of this information can be accessed by current smart contracts without oracles. But, a centralized oracle is vulnerable to exploitation. If an API maintaining stock prices was hacked, it would be easy to send faulty data to a centralized oracle which could end up in a lot of money being lost/misappropriated. Decentralized link oracles (which will also utilize trusted hardware solutions as that field progresses) provide extra security, because they will be connected to multiple data sources, and they will have to reach consensus before passing data into a smart contract.

Buisnesses have and are utilizing smart contracts today actually. Consider Salt Lending that works ontop of ethereum with its own blockchain as well.

>What solves that problem? Oracles. What solves that problem securely? Decentralized oracles.
There is still a systemic risk with this model that doesn’t make it a solution. These oracles will still depend on data from singular sources such as the event of a horse race the winner will be announced by the host of the race(single source off-chain). The most pragmatic solution is to create your own blockchain ontop of an existing network like Ethereums for security.
This is the way business will go and operate. Chainlink is almost certaintly an abandon project.

Dont

Do it, faggot

What did you think dapps were?

I love the FUD. Please keep the price down until I'm done accumulating.

Just transferred btc to eth, pending on Binance, further shill me guys.

>Chainlink designed for horse races
Chainlink oracles are going to be hooked up to multiple financial data APIs. These oracles will first reach and individual consensus on data, before they reach a second consensus among all of the oracles. God I wish I wasn't limited to phone posting because there is a graph in the white paper that completely refutes

>Depend on data from a singular source

Why the fuck do you think this is for horse races, or other fields with scarce data sources?

What's the use case for contracts interacting with API's?

Just bought a 100 more

>Why does smart contracts need information?

i gotchu home boy

I think we should all agree on a date, say Feb 1, where we just stop talking about LINK. No more threads. And we're not allowed to discuss it until it passes $10.
It would be the equivalent of putting a "No newfags allowed" sign on the Veeky Forums treehouse.

>Financial smart contracts
>Why do they need access to real world financial information?
Alright, user, you got me.

Thanks m8ty

oraclize.it
In regards to your fintech argument check out that link. Oracles for off-chain financial data on the ethereum network. This is where chainlink fails another one of my criteria. It has rapidly advancing competition that is not “pajeet.”

I see now.
I've become smarter.

Yeah but is their oracle decentralized ?

Anyone have a screenshot of when AssBlaster listed his favorite blue-chip coins? Looking to round out my LINK portfolio a little.

>ChainLink
>rapidly advancing competition

I'm gonna tell you something. There is not, I will guarantee, going to be another decentralised oracle network up and running for AT LEAST three years. That's 3 years of FMA and network entrenchment that any newcomer will have to go up against. On top of that, any newcomer will have to either train up an entire new cohort of node operators, or incentivise ChainLink node operators to do both. This is going to be unbelievably difficult. I would say that LINK has the most untouchable FMA of any coin I can think of in the space. I'd bet 0.5BTC on it if there was a way to put it in smart contract form.

GOYS IM ABOUT TO DO IT!!!?!?!?!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUCK NEETDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>167 LINK

nice, in 5 years you can buy a used volvo

woah don't buy at market price what are you doin? haggle up to 200 at least

>Centralized oracle that relies on secure execution environment (trusted hardware)
>Reasons given for not setting up a decentralized system are literally "it's too difficult"
That's nice, except chain link also plans to implement trusted hardware, which currently hasn't even been established as fully secure, since exploits are still frequently being discovered in leading solutions like intel's SGX.

Finally some real advice

OOOK

Oh but there is. Buy .5btc of link

Funny fud memes

OP, going in on link is just a meme. You will likely lose most of your investment if you actually do this .

Link might not be the 500$ token everyone here wants it to be, buts it's ridiculous to think it can't easily hit 5-10 dollars. The conference coming up in February will hopefully be what we've been waiting for.

Every day I am only using 2$ for food, the rest of my little meager salary is used to buy chainlink every single month. I have been doing it since sibos now and with that I have been eating only oatmeal and 100 gram chicken for almost 4 months now.

I wake up I eat oatmeal, in the afternoon I eat oatmeal, and in the night I eat oatmeal + 100 gram chicken.

I am so fucking hungry
At least I'll be rich one day

>I spent 10 minutes of my day giving personally reasearched information to somebody with .11 ETH

Senior Manager reporting for duty. I used to never think I'd get this far but Teeka masala might just get me close to becoming a Co-director

Its bad around here, dont worry about it.

I already have 10BTC worth. My money is where my mouth is.

I know the $500 is a bit memey but you don’t think it can reach $100 eventually? Just think about all the normans catching the buzz about this shit and fomoing hardcore within the year

Your researched information sucks ass, reply to Please tell me more about how the financial sector, which deals with trillions of dollars a day is more likely to adopt a solution that forgoes additional security because "it's too hard", and relies on tech that isn't even established yet.

I wish you luck, chainlink just did not meet my investment criteria.

oatmeal bro how are you doing?

I'm just giving 5-10 as a safe bet, as in I definitely think it will be priced around there if they show off a working network this year. It could go to 100$, but I'm not going to assume that.

>personally reasearched
>didn't even take 30 minutes to read the whitepaper

God damn, you suck at research.