Crypto will not truly boom until this old bull dies

Crypto will not truly boom until this old bull dies.

Other urls found in this thread:

t.iost.io/?c=pgSQuyEv
lnmainnet.gaben.win/#
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck off BTC made huge leaps and bounds, crypto struggles because whales are constantly deliberately trying to short it.

How can we kill it?

needs to be junked as a trade pair, if the real world was like crypto you'd have to time your gas station runs due to the dollar fluctuating 37 cents every two hours

It won't die. It will keep rising.

*falling

It will die.

How much BTC do you own?

How much BTC do you own?

None

zero

Hey I don't really like BTC that much either but holy shit stop wishing for it to crash. Were you not awake the past week?

The past week is exactly why I want it to die for good. So crypto with real world uses can boom.

zero trade good alts in eth pairs

This. First we would need more coins to become trading pairs to prevent a total market collapse, only then BTC can be phased out. I don't know which coins would be good candidates but if binance can easily make BNB a trading pair I'm sure it can be done with XLM, XMR, LTC etc

that isn't tether though

So the majority of people ITT that want BTC to die don’t own any. IMO its too expensive for you all right now and you’re butthurt for missing the boat when you friend told you to buy 2 years ago at $500
>inb4 I sold it all for ETH cause I can predict the future

You'd be a bit dumb to be holding a coin you want to die

Bitcoin is being deflated into the ground. Sub $5k in a week or two.

And we all have to suffer the consequence cause "MUH DIGITAL GOLD" "MUH STORE OF VALUE".

Not too expensive at all. I could convert all my alts to roughly 6 BTC at this current time but I'm most definitley not going to. It's dying slowly.

That's not the problem. The problem is that the market relies too much on BTC and it's the most manipulated coin in the game (due to big money) so when it shits the bed the whole market follows suit. For people trading in alts (most of Veeky Forums) BTC is a thorn in our side, especially now that the Chicago futures have arrived.

And how is it being deflated?

no it's because btc is an unstable trade pair the market is moving to blockchain implementation, scaling, infrastructure projects of genuine value and potential meanwhile the old piece of shit wanders in and out like a drunk uncle fucking everything up

This.

But consider that every shitcoin is valued so high because BTC is valued so high.

If you decouple alts from BTC their real value crash, even those coins that already have a FIAT pair.

Fucking this! Sick and tired of having money invested in solid alts with real world uses only to have them crash and burn with said drunk uncle

What does binance price your funds in? Why do you know off the top of your head what you Alt btc value is? What does KuCoin price your Alts in? What does bittrex price your Alts in? You want btc to die? Then your Alts are going to be worth 0 BTC and then what? 1 million USD?

Go trade with ETH then and see how that is different

I'm not saying that BTC isn't THE MOST important part of the crypto trading ecosystem. What I am saying is that to have such an old, veering on useless coin as the central point of this ecosystem is a huge pain in the ass these days.

it doesn't need to die it needs to decouple as the primary trading pair the children, the alts, have grown up

Thousands of alts consuming it

and it would keep the normies out

LINK

Because I know how much USD my portfolio is worth and I know the current price of bitcoin, quick maffs

Bitcoin at $20k was like a giant hot air balloon. Artificially inflated with disgusting amounts of monopoly money (Tether) and a huge cult-like following mainly supported in echo chambers like r/bitcoin.

The final touch was coordinated media shilling throughout Nov and Dec in order to squeeze every penny they could from hordes of regular people.

This was all a masterfully executed plan in order to short the fuck out of it. They made unfathomable amounts of money with this. It's done until they decide to repeat the process.

So what’s the solution? Switch to ETH? It’s going to be the same manipulation. I’m all for more pairs but I don’t get why BTC needs to die for all your troubles to go away.

when tether goes kaboom btc will too
after alts will rise
like IOST
t.iost.io/?c=pgSQuyEv

Direct fiat to alt pairings, or Pathfinding through FairX using XLM.

Hahahaha the only fuckwits that truly believe this are newfags and laggards. What is the only currency to be paired with every top coin? BTC.
Seeing BTC fail would kill crypto if you didn't know it.

/thread

>Direct fiat to alt pairings
yep btc would trade against fiat like everything else drunk uncle would be contained

God you're a fucking idiot. Read the thread.

Lightning network is on the verge of release. When that happens, bitcoin will be cheap to transact again. Absolutely all other altcoins will crash in contrast.

This isn't a debate, I'm not here to discuss this with you. I'm an oldfag/richfag who's been doing this since 2012, and I'm 99% invested in bitcoin. Do your own research.

This.

You have no idea what LN even is, you're just regurgitating what you've heard. It's not what you think it is at all.

I am very much in agreement with this
the system is making progress every day
soon enough the main problem for bitcoin will not be speed and cost but rather user interface and normie friendliness
once that is solved we are truly, truly looking at the "new paradigm"

tell me oldfag richfag
what do you see happening to LTC when LN is live
sure atomic swaps will be possible and all but really what would be the point?
I am losing all faith in LTC lately thinking about this

>Lightning network is on the verge of release.

Actually, I know everything about lightning network and I run my own testnet node.

AMA if you (or anyone else) has questions.

I think litecoin is over-valued.

are you hesitant to run a mainnet node
are these people crazy
lnmainnet.gaben.win/#

You'll know Bitcoin is dying when marketers post threads saying BUY BITCOIN NOWW!!! During dips instead of saying "SELL NOW!!" with pink wojacks like they typically do during dips.

You said that with LN, Bitcoin is going to be fast and cheap again.

You seem to be forgetting that LN is a second layer solution and still requires actual transactions (which will be even more expensive than they are now by far with the supposed adoption increase) to open, and then to close a channel.

Funds are locked in a payment channel; if you need them back on the block chain, bam, new transaction needed.

Also, whenever you need to use someone else's payment channel (which is pretty much mandatory otherwise you'd have to open a new channel for every new shop you interact to, essentially defeating the whole purpose of the technology), that channel needs to have an equal or greater amount of BTC in it to even be able to "pass on" your transaction.

This inevitably brings the need for huge central nodes that will be regulated and will be taking fees and essentially controlling your coins when going through them.

Centralized, regulated, in control of your funds. What does this remind you of?

Exactly. Banks.

I'm not exactly hesitant. There's still a few things I'm learning/mastering before I take a risk like that. When I go mainnet, I'll start with a petty amount of money I don't care if I lose.

Like I said, I'm not here for discussion. But if you have an honest question, I'll answer it.

Yeah, my question is do you disagree with what I said, and if yes why.

Otherwise you're just another shill/cultist pretending to know about LN.

You can't kill bitcoin, thats why it's so valuable
All other coins are more of a gamble
If you don't like bitcoin just buy pre-mined scam-coins

xrb is everything bitcoin pretended to be

How close are we to LN release? Will it happen in Jan, Feb, Mar?

>Fuck off BTC made huge leaps and bounds

So did netscape navigator, but that doesn't mean it should remain #1 for all time simply because it was the first

BTC is trash in every way user

I disagree.

1) You'll never need to close a channel after it's been opened.
2) Anyone can run a lightning node, they can charge whatever fee they want. If you don't want to use a "big bank" node, then you don't have to. But even if you did, then...
3) You're in full, complete control of your coins at all times. A lightning node has no control over you. And if they misbehave, then you can seize all of their money.

Your post, all throughout, demonstrates you have very little understanding of the LN protocol. My advice is to really, thoughtfully research it. Master it, learn it down to the bone so you can explain it to anyone else with ease.

Sorry, I have no idea. I've been trying to forecast this for months now and I've always been wrong (but in a good way). The developer team is really cracking down. We already have functional models and tests.

>A primitive lightning network already exists on the mainnet
>A bigger version is on the testnet
>Testing models, simulating 500k transactions have been a success
>Some people have reported making purchases on lightning (like a steam gift card)

So at this point, it depends how long it takes to iron out the final kinks, then produce a gui, then test it for security holes. I agree 100% with

DigiByte is a solid choice.

just let it die gracefully, it's the Moses of crypto

Except its premined and backed by literally nothing. At the very least Bitcoin is backed by thousands of deluded Chinese farmers investing millions into electricity and dead SHA-256 boxes.