Have any of you even sat down and crunched the math?

>$1,000/Link would equal a $1 trillion dollar marketcap.

I want to buy in but this part makes me second guess. Link would have to be the biggest company on earth to be worth $1,000.

So then, who would even buy at $100/Link then?

Thanks OP just sold 100k

How did you know that the total market cap in crypto will never go up? You are a fucking genius!

Apple will be $1T by next year, meaning LINK will only have to be the SECOND biggest company in the world.

Who said that it will be 1k? Don’t listen pajeets

but it can hit 100 tho

Ok dude let me break it down for you. First of all, LINK isn't a stock. It is not backed by the valuation of a company. LINK being $1,000 does not mean chainlink would be worth $1 trillion.

$100 would make most of us rich, but what pajeets would be buying $100/Link, knowing it will never go much higher.

Circulating supply is far less than 100% on o proof of stake token.

How would they know it would never go much higher? People said the same shit about LTC at $75 and it hit $300 the next week. You never know dude, that's what i'm trying to say.

I just need it to hit $160 and I'll be a millionaire

ALRIGHT I have a fucking question. Theoretically, everyone buys their LINK and then stakes them. There is now only 1 million LINK being traded in exchanges at any given time. The price of LINK hits $500. Wouldn't there be a pseudo-marketcap of $500 million because those are the only tokens being bought/sold? It's not like all of the staked tokens actually injected a bunch of money into the real marketcap.

shhhh

yes

>$1,000/Link would equal a $1 trillion dollar marketcap.
this is the part where you made a mistake

>but what pajeets would be buying $100/Link, knowing it will never go much higher.
LINK is not a useless coin you dumbass, by the time link is $100 it would be bought everyday to use it in node staking and queries, not just to speculate0

you just blew my mind
pseudo-marketcap
yes... YES

DELETE THIS NOW

New fud meme has been born

Marketcap is only for the coins that are in circulation.

When we stake our coin, there will be less than 200,000,000 link in circulation.

this.
checked.
an someone give me a brainlet answer to this.

how much is LINK really going to be worth

HOLY SHIT
WERE GONNA BE RICH BOYS
DELET THIS NOW

$100 lol. Nobody with over 25k link is dumb enough to think link will ever even hit $100 but you are underestimating how stupid and desperate the average newfag on Veeky Forums is. $1000 is just a meme to get the idios on here to keep buying more as link gets to $1 and beyond while the presale buyers have already almost 10x our money on one of the best projects in crypto. So no I'm not going to stop shilling $1000 EOY 2019 link but don't think for a second anyone who has a meaningful amount believes it.

>crunched the math
>crunched the math

this is the part where you made a mistake

J-JUST BUY MY LINKS THEY'LL BE $100000 EOY.. PLZ?

It's not pseudo. It's called circulating supply. Cmc already lists it

bout three fiddy

>Everyone starts staking LINK tokens into nodes
>The last pajeet holding 1 LINK is worth 500 million

how dare you quote me you disgusting scum

Yes, but in case of CL the ciculating supply will be lower due to staking. The only question is how much lower...

More like..

>LINK is worth $10, main net is live and product is being used
>Everyone starts taking LINK tokens into nodes
>All bizzies lose all their LINK because they're too fucking retarded and keep getting penalized
>The banks now control LINK, the prophecy is complete and each LINK is worth $1,000

I’m just hoping 300$ at the least, that would net me 300k. I can withdraw 100, half goes to taxes and the rest my family can use to make shot happen. And I can leave the other 200k to do whatever it’s going to do.

>I'm not going to stop shilling $1000 EOY 2013 BTC but don't think for a second anyone who has a meaningful amount believes it.
t.some guy who killed himself

>The Last Pajeet
>The LINK marines are dead! And when I kill you, I will have killed the last pajeet!
>Amazing. Every word you said was wrong. The Link marines were born today. The FUD has just begun. And I will not be the last pajeet.
>Price tanks to $0.20 for no reason

Thank you for this ;) This is the exact kind of brainlet thinking that will pump link far beyond where it has any right to be (a la ripple).

Link will be 50 dollars EOY

This is what I'm worried about. How the fuck am I meant to supply API data or whatever the fuck sergey wants to use his bigmac coins for, someone will have to spoonfeed us this stuff

Minor correction
>Abazig! Ebery verd you sed was wrog. Da LIK bareeds were born duday. Da FUD had jus begud. Ed I will not be da last pajeet ;DDDDD

The same pajeets that are buying bitcoin and ripple right now.

If LINK hits $100, just hire someone to do it for you.

I will absolutely not be staking until I see someone who I'm sure is dumber than me staking successfully. Even then I'll ask my buddy who is a programmer to help out. I doubt it will be super easy, especially at first, and it will likely require a dedicated computer if you don't want to potentially fuck yourself >WHOOPS MY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS CRASHED I BETTER RESTART MY COMPUTER, OH FUCK I JUST RUINED THAT GUY'S $10MM SMART CONTRACT AND LOST 50% OF MY LINKIES

>I JUST RUINED THAT GUY'S $10MM SMART CONTRACT
You aren't the only node sending the same answer. You fuck up? No payload for you.

You can't stake without a pool, unless you have some access to a useful API that most people don't have access to...

If you are staking in a pool, you will just have to send LINK to the smart contract address. Everything else will be handled by them.

And what happens if they fuck up? Sounds even riskier

Remember you don't even need a single Linkie to run the node. It runs without problems for a week, maybe you stake some, does that make sense to you?

>send your LINK to Veeky Forums pool
>penalized for bad data
>lose everything
>trolled by Afghani lawnmowing forum again

What do you mean "fuck up?"

The smart contract is open source. You, or someone you trust can review all the code to make sure your money is safe.

If they fuck up and act as a bad oracle, I suppose we won't get any payout. As soon as that starts to happen, everyone withdraws their LINK and the pool closes.

this. nobody on biz will be staking on their own so dont worry about it you autists.

also, it is possible for link to reach ~$1,000 only because the vast majority of the circulating supply will be tied up in staking. I still dont think it will happen but that whole 1 trillion market cap thing isnt accurate

my real life pajeet friend asked me to buy him crypto, his first choice was ripple (facepalm). I shilled him ICX instead.

>Link would have to be the biggest company on earth to be worth $1,000.
No.
Market cap is a purely hypothetical number; it does not indicate how much money "is in Chainlink", all it says is how much money would be "in Chainlink" if every single token were sold at a given price.
But obviously that "given price" does NOT stay the same when even a tiny percentage of Link (say 100k Link) gets put up as a sell order.

I thought that if the wrong data is supplied a certain amount of the LINK in the node is lost

I hope you plebs sold links at the peak, back to 7 soon

It does. It gets sent to the date requestor.

That's because you're still thinking in $. In the future, dollars will fade away.

LINK will equal to 1 LINK.

It will buy you a house and a car and 3 sluts all with one LINK.

In theory, this is exactly what SHOULD happen; only the tokens being traded (i.e. "in circulation") should be taken into account.
It clearly shows that "market cap" is an extremely fictitious metric.

60% of world market cap are derivatives. Derivatives trade is supposed to run on LINK. You are looking at a $100 trillion market here.
LINK is not a currency, it's a banking wraparound for crypto, moving fiat and derivatives to the blockchain. LINK is nothing you have seen in crypto before. Every bank and shop in the world will move every cent through Chainlink networks.
LINK is just a token, that makes you able to have masternodes of the network.

Is $1000 too much of a price for a piece of the global banking?

I bought $26 yesterday. At $32 today. Was told it should moon. We'll see.

Your pajeet friend should be sucking your dick in 2 weeks.

I'd assume there'd be a certain level of liquidity:
Price of link is high: some stakes sell a fraction of their stack
Price of link is low: stakers rebuy the dip

We're not talking about bizanons here, we're talking about insurance companies and institutions. The majority of bizanons will be pooling their linkies for staking, or more likely, renting them out to insurance companies.

But market cap takes into account circulating supply, so you're wrong.

spend
more
money

jesus.

how much do you plan to make by the end of the year? $150 profit? FOR A WHOLE YEAR?

Way to completely miss my point.
You think CMC is going to keep tabs of how much Link is being staked vs how much is being traded?

The global derivative market is somewhere between $0.6 quadrillion to $1.4 quardrillion big for which the LINK tken will serve as an exchange medium.

Assuming no LINKs are used for nodes or anything and all supply is in circulation but there is no compeditor then the market cap of LINK and the derivativemarket should be equal.

thus 1 LINK will be worth around $3 to $3.5 million

>Ok dude let me break it down for you. First of all, LINK isn't a stock. It is not backed by the valuation of a company. LINK being $1,000 does not mean chainlink would be worth $1 trillion.

THANK. YOU. The amount of people who don't get this are fucking retarded. That would only be the case if they owned all the LINKs and were valued entirely in LINK...

Can someone please debunk this? I refuse to believe that I am going to be a fucking dollar billionaire with my 1k link.

cool ill be a multibil

Link may never be completed.

>WHOOPS MY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS CRASHED I BETTER RESTART MY COMPUTER, OH FUCK I JUST RUINED THAT GUY'S $10MM SMART CONTRACT AND LOST 50% OF MY LINKIES
lol'd, but no. If you're just a normal user you won't be setting up a node. There'll be nothing stopping you from pooling into someone else's node and taking dividends, though.

>who would buy at 100 if it can't go to a 1000
1 trillion mc for a coin in 3-4 years will be top 20.

>Assuming no LINKs are used for nodes or anything and all supply is in circulation but there is no compeditor

It's technically true, but this part:

>Assuming no LINKs are used for nodes or anything and all supply is in circulation but there is no compeditor

is why neither of us will actually be billionaires with our LINK. It simply won't happen

This beats the ridiculousness of all the other FUD combined. I understand the size of the derivative market but do you know how derivatives are priced?
That 1.4 quadrillion that you are quoting is the value that derivative contracts are associated to. Futures, options swaps - they are not valued at 1.4 quads.

I love the people that spend hours reading Veeky Forums and trying to trade with a $100 stack. Even in a best case scenario they are basically working for less than minimum wage.

Further to this, for link to get to a 1t market cap wouldn't mean 1t has to be invested in link. The amount invested would be equal to the net of orders up to that point. If no ones selling LINK, the road to 1t market cap will be incredibly quick.

The Link token's value will greatly benefit from tapping into the derivatives market, but at the same time the Link token is only for compensating nodes and staking; it is in no way directly tied to the valuation of whatever it is used for.
The value will depend on the supply/demand dynamic caused by the use of the token.

>The global derivative market is somewhere between $0.6 quadrillion to $1.4 quardrillion big for which the LINK tken will serve as an exchange medium.
>thus 1 LINK will be worth around $3 to $3.5 million

You have reached the level of delusion and retardation that didn't even exist on this planet before your post.

Linkies are the most delusional retards after bitconeeeect fags an hero'ed away from this board. Shitlink shitcoin is absolutely worthless, it's worse than trx and bazzinga or whatever that shit was called.

Thanks for that. I have been thinking that and wanted to type it out but I couldn't come up with a crisp way to say it. You could buy all LINK for $1 a token and then if no one sold, you could all just sell for $100 a token. No new money would have entered LINK.

if link has such potential why does only 2 dev work on it. get real. its a scam

It's true that the derivative market is worth between $630 Trillion and $1.4 Quadrillion. And that LINK is perfect to handle derivative smartcontracts. But to think that LINK is going to capture even +50% of the total derivative market is delusional at best. There will be competitors in the future.

LINKs growth depends on a lot of factors. For now, keep your feet on the ground and be happy if we reach $100 by EOY.

Confirmed that they have at least 4 devs working on it, and that was last week. Probably more now.

I barely have a pot to piss in user. I'm doing what I can, paycheck to paycheck.

I have a good job too, but new house, medical bills, and shit ass student loans are raping me right now.

You're wrong. Circulating supply takes into account coins that are being staked. They are still technically "in circulation" in that you could sell them any time you want to.

Pseudo market cap has been born.

Well, you see brainlet, your whole premise is wrong. Staked LINK is part of the circulating supply.
see

>They are still technically "in circulation" in that you could sell them any time you want to.
The Link tokens being held back could be sold at any time too. They're just sitting in wallets.

Shit $300per would mean $9MM for me and that’s still not good enough

>Staked LINK is part of the circulating supply.
Yes, that's how CMC will depict it.

And that's exactly how it should be. To be fair, you don't have to have very high IQ to understand basic market mechanics.

>2 devs
Chad O'Fork and Jason Parser are great devs. They're better than a 10 person team.

The non-circulating Link is sitting in wallets, just like staked Link would be sitting in wallets.

The non-circulating LINK is not able to enter the market and affect the supply/demand, brainlet.

>The non-circulating LINK is not able to enter the market
Why not?

Include me in the screencap

Don't forget to reply to

we got listed on a new exchange huobi, i didnt see anyone mention it

Because that's how SmartContract designed the system. You're not very bright, are you?

And SmartContract designed the system to include staking.

So what's the difference?

What does that have to do with anything? Do not derail the subject, that's what dishonest, low IQ individuals do. The 650 million LINK is not part of the circulating supply at this point in time. If you can't grasp this much, maybe you should look into some other shitcoins. TRX may be right up your alley.

cars get people to work every day, it doesnt mean your car is responsible for all the money people make at work. You could also walk. However theres high demand for convenient/safe transportation. Link being the car and and derivates the work people go to to make money.

does this make sense?

Chainlink Space Program mission in progress

So you also think chainlink is worth a billion right now?
A coun with no finished product

>Chad O'Fork

I fucking died