Storing thousands of dollars in a piece of plastic that can be easily lost or stolen

>Storing thousands of dollars in a piece of plastic that can be easily lost or stolen

Who falls for this meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@Zero404Cool/frozen-trezor-data-remanence-attacks-de4d70c9ee8c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>what is a seed
Sorry that you are mentally challenged

You would still have access to your wallet if you keep the recovery phrase in a safe location.

You're not "storing" anything on it. It is a "gateway" to your wallet. If it gets lost or stolen, you just restore from seed on another one or similar device. If someone tries to access it and enters the pin code incorrectly 3 times, the device gets wiped out and has to be restored from the seed phrase as well.

Being able to do some basic research is a dying skill these days, I know.

>Storing thousands of dollars in a computer wallet that if ur computer is compromised you lose it all

How else am I supposed to lock in the price

This

>not storing thousands of dollars on an exchange

Do some research. You can restore all your shit. The only thing is that you might not get your coins at the price you locked them at.

oh yeah, like bittrex (top kek)

>The only thing is that you might not get your coins at the price you locked them at
that defeats the whole purpose of getting one though

No. I only trust top-tier chinkshit exchanges like Kucoin and Binance. Unironically keeping all my shit on exchanges, because my PC is a gaping hole because of the Spectre. Thanks NSA.

Holy fuck, that's just a meme, dude.
C'mon man. I expect more from readers / posters on biz. I guess I shouldn't, right?

It's a little computer m8.

It's basically the same as using a wallet on your actual computer, except it's much less easily compromised.

If you're not a retard you write the seed down.

>Kucoin
>top tier
>trusted
How many marijuanas have you injected in the last hour?

>storing on Cuckoin
>he doesn’t know China will BTFO every Chink exchange besides Binance once VEN gets rebranded as RMB2

not sure who to believe anymore, mate!
audibly kek'd

>tfw I have $35k on my Mac because I make so much from wallet staking.

Right? Just store on cold laptop w paper password that’s laminated and store them in a safe

a better way to think of it as storing your PASSWORDS.....the coins/tokens always are out on the blockchain - right?

Nothing can be safer than a hardware wallet. Period. Just etch the seed words on two pieces of non oxidising metal. Keep one piece @ home one in a bank vault.

Why not just store your seed in a safe location (or five) and call it a day then? What does a ledger accomplish that an encrypted flash drive on an offline computer doesn't?

I can easily access/trade my funds while having security at the same time. Best of both worlds.

please don't breed you literal retard

An encrypted flash drive can still be compromised and display your private key. A hardware wallet can't.

>types seed into computer to access funds
>keylogged
>all funds gone

this is why you fucking retard

I'll store my seed in ur mum :^)

Troll harder

>getting goxed
neck yourself

It allows you to sign transactions without ever exposing your private key to a potentially compromised computer.

I guess there must be a way to transfer your transaction to your airgapped computer, sign it, then transfer it back but you're still exposing yourself and it's alot more work than pressing a button on a stick.

Stallman storage is the best option imo. Airgapped libreboot/gentoo (no systemd) old computer (with no or HW disabled wifi) full LUKS encrypted SSD (two or more drives with a clone) is the best. Rotate between no repeat temp wallets for convenience (ie wealth locked in stallmanstorage $1000 in temp wallet on internet connected [still not pozzzed] normal pc)

>Stallman storage

put it in a safety deposit box at the bank

>be me
>bought trezor
>comes with short shitty cable
>while setting up it disconnected before i could finish writing down 24 word passphrase
>wipe device and start again
>happens a second time
>got phone usb cable
>success
>for some reason one of the older accounts showed up so i had two
>sent it to the older one
>saw incoming transaction 30 seconds later
>allgood.jpg
>no problem, unplugged and went to see parents
>connect it up today and have 0 BTC balance, the older account i sent it to has dissapeared
>somehow the device forgot or deleted it and im out 0.5 btc
if i didnt x3 on XRB and x2 on DBC i would have killed myself by now.

Implying Trezor doesn't put your private key in memory in fucking plain text. top kek.
medium.com/@Zero404Cool/frozen-trezor-data-remanence-attacks-de4d70c9ee8c

muh button press

you can do transactions without worrying about the security of the PC, because your ledger is independently secure

There's also Parabola if you don't want to go full meme.

Debian is also easy for the normie.

Get a linux distro.
LUKS encrypt it.
Air gap it.
Use a RAID like BTRFS if you can to prevent disk failure.
And then keep a backup as well as another offsite.

Bitcoins aren't stored "in" the wallet. The balance is kept track by the block chain. The wallet just stores the key to sign transactions from your wallet / address. It has a pin so if it gets stolen its pretty much worthless to the thief. It also has a recover phrase in case it is stolen or damaged, this phrase itself must be kept secure.