Retailers double GPU prices to choke out crypto miners

From $800 to $1600 overnight.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/comments/7rl7qv/meta_it_seems_as_though_microcenter_has_started/
youtube.com/watch?v=xIjvsxQ_iUI
nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/amd/rxvega64/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137111&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-VigLink-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=6163686&SID=jcn533wgid011rh100053
evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=0&family=GeForce 10 Series Family&chipset=GTX 1080 Ti
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

not where i am at.

Try finding them in stock.

pls provide a source or i will rip my fucking eyes out and eat them, regurgitate them, ferment them for 19 months in jar and finally simmer the mixture over medium-high heat for 20 minutes and serve with pasta.

reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/comments/7rl7qv/meta_it_seems_as_though_microcenter_has_started/

i was going to buy a pc soon, tired of doing everything on an xbox
does this mean im going to be payiing out the ass for a ddeecent one now?
whats biz advice on getting around this bullshit

4PGXm4v
Well join this discord for pumping and dumping and maybe you fags will be able to afford a GPU now kek

You were going to be paying out the ass a year ago. Prices were ruined by the crypto fad, the supply has been poached ever since, and right now is the worst time in history to be entering the PC enthusiast market.

There's just no point to doing anything on PC anymore. Don't bother. And definitely don't buy used. The used market is flooded with overpriced, burned out cards being sold by sons of bitches trying to screw people one more time.

It chokes out gamers more than miners. Miners would recoup their money eventually while gamers wouldn't be able to bare the burden of a GPU that has doubled in price.

if we get to 200, we'll be on our way!!!

>It chokes out gamers more than miners.
The gamers have been choked out for more than a year. These companies have basically stopped advertising things aimed at gamer, because their metrics have dropped into the fucking toilet.

This is a good thing, fuck those manchildren gaymers.

>Retailers double GPU prices to choke out crypto miners

So your initial thesis is incorrect then? It doesn't choke out crypto miners at all, in fact it reinforces the barrier of entry for most gamers.

i bought my gtx 1070 ti for 500USD, people sell for 800 usd on Kijiji. what do

Gamers weren't getting the cards, though. They haven't been getting the cards for a long while. There was only one group getting them, and now they just have to pay double to keep up. And if they keep paying, they can just double it again.

Crypto's balls are in the vice of the tech industry.

Buy a prebuilt.

You can still game faggot, Pre builds option,offers here and there or just build a second hand rig
youtube.com/watch?v=xIjvsxQ_iUI

>or just build a second hand rig
No. Don't do that. The market is flooded with dead mining cards being sold for their MSRP.

Fuck gaming. Gaming is dead. Gaming is done. Crypto is here. So they shouldn't bother trying to meet the demand via volume. Just crank the price up. $5,000 for an RX 580 sounds fair. Do that. Why not? Fuck with crypto the way crypto has fucked with them.

>bought my 1070 for just about 400 with tax right before the eth boom
Feels fucking good man

you could have bought 40 eth instead

>le mining hurts cards meme
Keep it up Carlos, more cards for me.

You can pay for them, then. By all means. Buy them all. Buy every card. Pay double. Triple. 10x the initial MSRP. Pay more and more for the same product as they hold back new technology and you just need to buy more and more to keep making the same progress. Beat the drum until you've sunk every penny you've made back into keeping it going as the drum beat of imminent doom gets nearer and nearer.

Why don't GPU makers just make products that are specially designed for crypto mining (like more efficient and shit) so mining fags can buy those and stop fucking up things for gamers?

muh gaymes

Those do exist. Most crypto bans their use. The availability of consumer-grade video cards is what allows the barrier for entry to be fairly low. Or it did. Not anymore. There won't be any new people buying in anymore.

>My r9 390 from 2015 is getting older and older.

>limit 2 per customer

why would it be so hard to do this?

If you are still playing video games in 2018 you are probably a milk drinking faggot bugman. I rent to three people in their mid 20s who are stuck in video game land literally all day playing dumb weeb shit. They will all die poor in their filthy rooms glued to some digital Skinner Box. I hope GPUs become relegated to black markets or the wealthy elite (me). My fucking 8800 mined enough in 2013 to make me set for life. Too bad those days are gone and you were collecting hats in TF2 instead.

:^)

Why don't people start their own chip fabs?

Hell you could ignore patents and sell asics and gpus with stolen/reverse engineered designs on the darkweb.

Oh. Their employees are corrupt and give people favors and let them buy out the entire store. They can't control their employees, so this lets them control their supply.

let us not talk about that shall we

At least regarding Microcenter, I mean.

>mfw my Vega56 bought in September value is deflationary while I mine the shit out of it

Newegg listed and sold out of V64's two days ago for $1100 each.
nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/amd/rxvega64/
You can get a 1080ti right now for $909
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137111&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-VigLink-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=6163686&SID=jcn533wgid011rh100053

In the days of the gold rush the people who made the most profits were the ones selling the shovels.
>Stock of x10 RX580s i’m currently selling on Ebay

You're so fucking dumb. Without a bunch of broke ass normies being able to play vidya they'll stop being developed dumbass

Gaming needs to be affordable enough that they'll keep producing video games.

How come nobody wants them Vega Frontier Edition?

just pure malice and i don't mean the retailers ... fuckers stealing electricity left and right

crypto mining is pure retardation ...

This guy is not going to make it.

The guy is destined to fail

>mfw i'm almost 2x on my investment into a GPU

>not having contacts in the Far East at Asus and msi so I can group buy along with all the owners of the shops in a very large technology market in a certain city

Tbh, americunts and euros, you’re not getting the cards in bulk because we’ve got guys hassling the rep in their native language every day asking when the cards are going to be delivered. And they will be.

>Mfw I'm up 20x on my investment in buying crypto

I have like 10 more 1080TIs on their way in the mail for around $800 each, just gotta catch Amazon at the right times.

You'd think a bunch of tech savvy people with a hobby based around competition would know how to beat the system and not just whine like communists on reddit.

>the way crypto has fucked with them.
How the fuck is crypto increasing their business "fucking" with them?

damn almost want to sell mine and get a 1080 for 500. i dont even need the extra power. i can bey more ven with the profits.

Because it isn't. The business model was built around catering to a small enthusiast market and steadily growing as demand allowed. You have sponsored teams and groups and you have all this brand-building and loyalty and community crap that has been invested into for like 20 years. Suddenly this big game plan that you've set out is in ruin. Everything is being sold, but you know your business is fucked. Because this is all volatile. This isn't the steady and controllable brand strategy. The people you market to can't get the damn things.

alright, put up my 1070 Ti I bought for 600$CAD for sale, for 1000$. hope it goes well so i can pay back debts + invest some dolleros in coins guys

Lol, literally bought a pre-built PC yesterday with a GTX 1080 Ti, and the price was totally normal, not inflated in the slightest.

>we NEED regulations on graphics card sales! I've lost so much money!
i can almost smell the posts

>Retailers double GPU prices to make as much money as possible.
ftfy

>tfw bought strix 1080ti back in September before i found out about crypto

i dont even play video games anymore now that crypto has taken over my life.

games are for losers

Thats bullshit the card manufacturers are cashing in massively.

They are even bringing out new cards specifically for hashing.

Mining cards already exist, but we still buy gaming cards. You get what you can.

I just think NVIDIA will sit on gaymer Volta for a few extra months just because capacity is at max for all the other cards.

Its fucking supply and demand.

Lol this
Miners are already super rich because of Ethereum, paying x2 this shit is nothing
Neet gamers got rekt super hard

there are. the chips (as in RAM) still cost the same , they wouldn't magically get cheaper just because they got rid of the hdmi out.
even with a difference in price, lets say 100 usd most hobby miners would still flock to the non castrated cards because of resell value

/this
fucking commie fucks need to gtfo
gaymers believe that supply and demand shouldnt affect their hobby
what they dont get is that nobody but bugmen and soyboys still play mainstream vidya, its all too kike infested and has only gone downhill since gaymergate and even before then

fuck gamers

why the fuck would i care about video games? i have other more important shit to do
i hope the whole industry dies

those gigabyte cards are loud as fuck, i hope you don't keep them in your bedroom

have you seen the beta where you rent cloud GPU to play the game for you and stream it back to you?
wonder if you could trick it into mining for you.

I think its great. Videogames were the reason consumer computers progressed so fast in the 90s and now crypto is the reason it will speed up again.

You are a moron

Whatever nocoiner.

Maybe you shouldn't buy from amazon or newegg then?
evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=0&family=GeForce 10 Series Family&chipset=GTX 1080 Ti
Just buy from places like this. Only 1 per household but if that is a problem then just pay your neighbor to get one or something.

This won't do shit, they increase the ROI time for miners but they'll still buy them. This isn't about choking out anyone, this is about charging as much as possible for a product you know will fly off the shelves anyway.

Also this shit hurts manufacturers too. Yeah cards sell out in a day, but then what? You get no brand loyalty, you get no sales from other hardware (e.g. gaming monitors that often accompany a high end GPU), you get fucked with RMA abuse, and in the end if mining every crashes or someone simply starts making proper mining-dedicated cards, the market will be flooded with GPUs crashing the price because you ordered to keep up with both gaming and mining demand, but suddenly miners are gone (so now you have thrice the GPUs you needed).

You trade shit based on memes you see on an anime imageboard, you really don't have much room to be trying to look adult and cool as hard as you are.

>fuck gamer faggots

if youre too stupid to not be mining right now you deserve to stay poor

I've wondered this too, its over my head but can't you buy the component parts on alibaba and just put one together? I'm not an electronics guy, but I do metal work and am electrically savvy enough to get the right power to it and put a fan on it for cooling. Looking at one of these things I'm sure the bulk of the cost is in the frame, fan and power supply, which are all things I could build and integrate.

OH quit crying fucking pussies. There are almost always decent cards on Newegg at somewhat normal prices, that are limited to 1 per customer.

18 GPU mining fag

I mean, this is good. Kids should be outside making friends not playing Minecraft all day in the basement. I think the next generation will be better and less autistic.

>says the autist

3>mfw I've reinvested my nanopool payout and made .8 eth out of .2eth at a rate of 630 bukos. Thats why mining is so damn good, you pay an electric bill anf you get ether out

I just built this for 1250 aussie bucks which should be about $950, so under 1k even with our autistic inflated prices.
>ryzen 5 1600
>nvidia gtx 1070
>16 gb of 2800 MHz ram (OCs to 3000 with no problems)
>2TB of storage
>no ssd because fuck paying for faster boot times and copy paste shit
>no dvd reader because who the fuck still uses that
>$40 case
>B350 mobo
It runs Doom 2016 at ~100 fps at 1440p on ultra without vsync.
All of these parts are new, I dumpster dove a PSU because I don't pay the electricity bill and PSU efficiency is placebo shit anyway.
Git gud.

this. NVIDIA and AMD stock has been booming lately.

But they're paying for it stupid

What they dont realize is that by doin this they will just forge the price of eth and all other gpu coins up higher, thus making it more feasible to mine with $1000 card, thus choking out supply more. LOL. Only thin they can do is flood the market with cards but theyll never ive up this stupid margin of return

kek watch the GPU market becoming even more fucked up when people realise its the easiest and cheapest way to train their own neural networks.

expect consumer grade voltas to launch at 1000+

except none of those are actually in stock.

>PSU efficiency is placebo shit anyway.
I've been building PC's for over 15 years and the #1 thing I've seen fail is powersupplies. Further, cheap power supplies have the nasty habit of taking the entire system with them when they blow.

Don't buy or use a cheap powersupply. Replace your shitty one before it fails or you're going to be looking at a bill a lot higher than the cost of a good PSU.

By a good powersupply, cheap ones lack the protection circuits need to prevent catastrophic system failure. Or you can go drink gas with abbos, idgaf.

Can you explain to me why you hate gamers that much? I understand it's bad if you're a NEET and wasting all your time on it but other than that?

kill yourself my man

>doubling price doesn't affect other GPU usecases
ok

>got a 980ti for $300 in april

>Miners buy up all the new graphics cards.
>Graphics cards loose profitability over time
>Gamers buy the old graphics cards from miners
The new cycle is here.

nice, just bought 100k

I got a 1089 ti the other day for 820

is minimg with 1070ti worth it?

Ya

I don't think its to choke out miners. It is low stock and supply/demand. The price is only $100 more at most when they a card in sufficient stock. At the beginning of the month a 1070 was still $450.

1050 are still profit but u can't find them as well

I just meant the efficiency rating, it really doesn't matter if it's 80% or 90% your PC doesn't draw that much power and it's not gonna make a noticeable difference on your power bill.
I didn't literally dumpster dive it, it's a corsair PSU that my gf's dad got from his friend's store or some shit I'm not sure.

Does socket have any impact on the performance of a GPU as it realates to mining?

Don't have much experience or knowledge but I've been noticing that too, will keep it in mind, thanks

No. You can use one PCI-e lane and see 0% reduction in mining performance

>burnt out
I love that this meme exists.

who cares about noise, they print money

Thanks user
Screen capped