Had to cash out 15% of my portfolio because of a very expensive emergency

>had to cash out 15% of my portfolio because of a very expensive emergency
How do normies have “emergency funds” when some unexpected expenses can lead to almost 30k?

Other urls found in this thread:

marketwatch.com/story/nearly-half-dont-have-the-cash-to-pay-for-a-400-emergency-fed-survey-finds-2017-05-19
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

they dont, they sell their crypto just like you did

They don't. Over 50% of Americans have less than $500 in savings.

>muh debt

This is the world we live in

normies also cash out to pay for shit
the difference is that when you have a career, usually you are prepared with insurance and an emergency fund, so no need to cash out unless we're talking some 100,000$ medical surgery

1. The Bank
2. The Debt

wtf cost you $30k? house burn down?

Pipes froze while I was on a little vacation. Flooded the first floor

Did you turn off the heat like a dumbass?

>How do normies have “emergency funds”
Pro-tip: 95% of them don't.

Im pretty rich so I have always have ~$6500 in a low interest bank account that I never spend unless its an emergency

I thought I was saving money. I didn’t realize heating a home had other purposes other than keeping me warm. A very expensive mistake

Doesn't insurance cover that?

I bought this house in October after I “made it”. I didn’t know about house insurance

marketwatch.com/story/nearly-half-dont-have-the-cash-to-pay-for-a-400-emergency-fed-survey-finds-2017-05-19

i typically keep around $75k uninvested in case i want to buy a new car or something

lmao you dumbass

Good for you fellow scandbro but why do you namefag in threads where it serves no purpose? Shame on you.

I know

Im poor as fuck and I have that much savings.
t.Eastern Euro.

I need attention

The difference is that its not 30% of my net worth

most people just file bankruptcy and never fully pay the emergency expense, silly.

>I didn’t know about house insurance

I love seeing stuff like this happen to you guys. You all love talking about how smart you are and then reality hits. lol.

wtf muricans

I'm surprised OP even got a mortgage without proof of insurance. When I bought my place 10 years ago, pretty sure I needed it.

In america millions of mortgages are generated by big banks out of thin air just to stay solvent. The second collapse should be interesting.

>be NEET for over a decade
>is surprised when I don’t know shit about real life

thanks zerohedge

>How do normies have “emergency funds” when some unexpected expenses can lead to almost 30k?

>I bought this house in October after I “made it”. I didn’t know about house insurance

Congrats on having a lower IQ than normies.

If it's medical, you don't pay then negotiate a different repayment amount. Hospitals increase billings specifically to what insurance companies will pay out and are happy to get something back from you rather than get nothing.

hahahha holy fuck user
house insurance is like $15/month and covers basically anything for a $700-$1000 fee

See /r/eddit

Even if it was 1% of your net worth...

Its still not considered to be "pretty rich"

>6500 in savings
>pretty rich

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH and hes a fucking tripfag ahahhaah oh my fucking lord